Wednesday, April 1, 2026

I am better....I am better....

 At least I think I am GETTING better!  These past 5 days have been tough to get through!  When I complain about being 'sick', you know that something is wrong!  At least I don't think I complain much when I don't feel well.  Anyway - I think all the medication is kicking in and is finally doing what it is supposed to - or that my body is reacting the way it is supposed to.  I think even the Tums is starting to work on my coughing so much.  Will definitely keep those around for anytime I have coughing issues.  I only take one and then wait to see how it works. No coughing, don't need anymore.  I did take one before bed, but I decided also to take Robitussin DM to keep the coughing away - and upchucked both after I went to bed and started coughing. Won't do that again. Within the hour I was back in this room, trying to quit coughing and sleep.  I took another Tums a little later....and finally dozed off and slept about 4 hours without coughing!  Grateful for the sleep.

My youngest son called a little bit ago - seems he is having the same issues - coughing, etc.  Told me what he is taking - similar to mine, different brands - suggested Tums to slow the coughing, and to take Allegra - for with the air quality so bad - it's got to be allergies - although I usually do not have allergies.  Maybe mine is/was a cold that was affected by allergies - although I hadn't been outside much?  I don't know, but am grateful I am starting to feel better and that the medications are working.

I was able to finish a book I had started awhile back. Hubby watched the Suns play and asked if I wanted the TV off and I said yes (I do like quiet) - so when he turned it off, I grabbed my book.  Glad to finish one. I think I have 13 out of 50 for the year done now, although I haven't been able to read much lately.  

I need to pull together a grocery list for what I need to make my spaghetti sauce for Sunday. We are going to my youngest son's house for Easter and spaghetti is on the menu.  Right now that is sounding pretty good!  I think he may pick up salad and will make garlic bread to go with it.  Just enough, for sure. I used to make my spaghetti sauce in my big iron skillet that I gave to my oldest son.... miss that skillet when I make it - but I have enough other skillets (now I have to use two skillets) to cover. Just realized...... I will have to use my electric skillets to cook in.  Then I can transfer to a crock pot.  I still don't have a stove nor an oven.  We use the toaster oven.  I heard hubby call a little bit ago to check - but he hasn't relayed to me yet what the delay is... which is probably why he is keeping quiet.  He will tell me eventually.  I heard him call, and I heard an answer, but couldn't make it out.  Which means they don't have an answer.  I am missing my stove and oven more and more.

Today is April 1 - April Fool's Day.  I can remember playing jokes when I was in the office. Now, it's like it's a bummer to even try to think of something.

Our quail is still nesting - day 5 or 6; I can't even remember now.  She got scared off the nest yesterday morning and I counted 12 eggs still so that may be it.  It's supposed to be 18-21 days, I think I was told. Can't water my plant; good thing it is a drought plant - but I also have several breaks from it (remember when she was breaking the stems?) put in water to re-root.  I do need to go out and water the few other plants.  Not that I have a lot of plants out there.  My hummingbird feeders are up and I saw one the other day at it.  I'll need to take down this weekend and put fresh sugar/water mixture in it.  Which is 'fun' - I heat the water in my hot water pot - then pour into the measuring cup, then add the sugar and stir, then pour into the container.  I don't buy the hummingbird stuff at the store. It may be ok, but I heard it wasn't - and just make my own.  1/4 cup sugar to each cup of water.  

I received a phone call from Dr. Mark's office this morning. He had gotten my lab results back on my thyroid.  He was right - my former doctor had moved my medication to a higher level and it is too much for me.  I'm sure he is lowering it. I saw the results yesterday as well.  I was asked if I wanted the letter mailed to me or just wait until I go back next Wednesday with hubby (his appointment) - and I said that was fine - hold it until next Wednesday.  He will probably give me a new prescription next Wednesday, which I don't need, which I explained yesterday.

And with that - I don't have anything to share so will close this off - at least I gave you something to read for a little bit.  Hope you don't get caught up in allergies!

Blessings!

No comments: