Wednesday, April 8, 2026

I was wrrrrooooonnngggg.....

 about Hubby's appointment time for Wednesday.  I just looked at my work calendar and his appointment is at 11AM - which means we need to leave here at 10AM - traffic shouldn't be too bad between 10-11 so I just might not be gone as long as I thought I would be.  Coming back home might be busy - but it's all good.  

Sue notified all her direct reports that she is retiring July 31.  It is going to leave a big gap for me - I will be getting two new bosses over the next few months.  Maybe it is time for me to retire as well?  I wish I could easily say yes to that.  In time, in time.

Things have been really quiet on the work front.  Sue is busy, but she hasn't given me much to do lately.  Yesterday I did have some work to do for contracting, but was done in about an hour. I have started going through emails and deleting folders I don't need to keep for Brett anymore.  Probably a good time to clear out a bunch of emails and folders, right?  

Obviously, I have nothing to talk about this morning... how did that happen?  

Seriously.  I am sitting here trying to think of something to write about.... and there is nothing. 

Two weeks from tomorrow I will be leaving on Jailbreak Getaway XI with my girls.  So looking forward to just relaxing and not doing much.  We will do some shopping, I'm sure, and there are antique stores in that area, but ... I don't need to bring any thing else home, if you know what I mean!  I love the old dishes - and use them at times.  When we moved in here, I had to give up a lot of my dishes that I enjoyed - even though I will admit that I didn't use them enough to keep them. I couldn't even tell you - other than platters, what I had to get rid of.  I prefer giving my dishes to my kids - whichever of them want them.  I really do need to do inventory.  A retirement project, right?

I wonder what I really will do if I ever retire.  Thinking about it, I'd probably say yeah, I'll clean out closets, clean out drawers, get rid of things, etc.  Sounds productive, right? But what will I really do.  Besides withdraw into my shell of protectiveness .... I just want to be me and enjoy life... 

Still working on the same diamond art project... I did this one last year and gave to my son and daughter -in law at Christmas - it is of them. I had forgotten I had a second copy made. I'm working on it so that I will have one to hang up in my house every year.  I'm trying to do a little bit every day - but don't always succeed.  It does take a lot of beads!  I have several diamond art projects I got for Christmas... I do enjoy working on them and being in my own little world.

Our quarterly admin meeting was yesterday and it was decided that we all needed to get together for lunch in September - some live in Tucson, some in Phoenix, and some way out here.  They decided halfway would be Casa Grande.  It's still a long drive for me. Will either carpool or .....  will see. September is a long way off.

And with that - I'm getting off here - need to dry my hair and put a face on to go to doctor's office - will leave in about an hour... hopefully that's enough time to get it done.  HaHa.

I've had this quote on my computer for a number of years.... I honestly can not remember when I read it - nor when I wrote it out and put on the corner of the screen.  I think it was to remind myself that I can do something....

All our dreams can come true, if wee have the courage to pursue them.   ~~ Walt Disney

I've had dreams... but never the courage to pursue... maybe it's time I should dream again... what about you?

Blessings!


No comments: