The blog is back to messed up - and I can only play with it to get it usable. I probably should just wait until I get on the work computer and work it in between work. But I have it big enough now that I can see it so will see how this goes. Distracting to say the least.
My SIL and daughter brought over the grill last night. No, I haven't used it yet. It's on the back patio and hubby now is afraid someone will steal it - although the neighbor behind us and the one attached to us - both have their grills (much nicer, I'm sure) sitting outside in the back. But I get it. This one would be much easier to pick up and walk away with. He even left the back porch light off last night. In all fairness, he did ask me what did I think about the light. A few years ago he had started turning it on and a neighbor said he appreciated it as he walked his dog at 5AM and it helped him see in our area if any coyotes are there. Hubby has just continued turning it on every night. It old him to leave it off; we don't see this guy nor do we even know if he still has his dog or walks it. So off it was. I hope to read up on the instructions sometime today or tomorrow and use it this weekend. At least the airfryer part. Curious how it all works.
Work wasn't too bad yesterday and I was able to keep up on the daily stuff. But I do need to start scheduling meetings for 2026 so that will be my focus today. I've noticed other meetings coming through and if I don't get them on the calendar, I will be the one having to move them. This is very time consuming, and I usually end up missing some. At least I only have to do it for 3 or maybe 4 people. It's a pain, trust me, for many of their meetings are recurring. I did something last year I shouldn't do - I left some of them open ended so that I didn't have so many to do. But let's see how that is going to work out this year.
Hubby has a huge testing this morning for the cardiologist. It can take 2-4 hours - and since it is 'just' testing, I am not going with him. He is to take the last two lab reports and give to the technicians, ask them if they will be using dye. I may have mentioned this yesterday. If so, they cannot for that will destroy what is left of his kidneys, if they are indeed diseased. (Hubby has increased his water intake to 80 oz a day (per the doctor) to see if it is just dehydration (because he doesn't drink a lot of water) that is causing the bad report. I bought him a 40 oz cup so he knows how much he drinks. Two of those would be his 80 ounces. He grumbled all afternoon about being 'water-logged'. LOL If they use dye, the test will be cancelled. But I did read they use magnetic something or other - and that would be ok. I think. The cardiologist says the top of his heart is fine and beating properly, but the lower part is beating way too fast. I had no clue our heart could beat differently in the areas. Oh well. Shows how much I know! So he will be leaving for that shortly.
I have my follow-up doctor appointment next Tuesday - but I think the only two things in the red on my labs were 1) specific gravity - and I looked it up and it says that I may be drinking too much water. LOL I think I range 90-100 ounces a day - just because I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I forget what the other was, but it wasn't a problem, as far as I am concerned. So I'm going in it fairly confident I will have very few changes to make. I can't believe the difference with a check up with Dr. Mark versus those I've had with the other 5 doctors since I left this practice. Seriously. All the others did was labs, and had me go get mammograms and bone density tests - and that was it. Dr. Mark checks everything - and prods around the belly area to make sure things are where they should be. I feel more confident I'm getting a well-check-up than I have in years. Now to keep myself healthy and strong.
Speaking of strong.... I had HIIT last night (High Intensity Interval Training) and my body is pretty stiff this morning! No tire flipping this time, but did slam a 14 pound ball down and then throw it into a net and catch it a few times. But the one that I always 'hate' and she knows it - is pushing a 45 pound weight down the 'path' on all fours - only last night she was having me push the 45 pound weight a third of the way down, then push a 30 pound weight to the end, then a 20 pound weight back to the middle, and so forth. All three times. My body was screaming cause you have to do this on all fours - i.e., feet and hands on the weight and pushing. Not my favorite exercise to do. I did ask her what it was supposed to do for my body - and she said it is really an over all exercise - but mainly legs. Yeah. That too.
I was reading in a book this morning about Pride, and how pride keeps us from doing some things, and pride also causes us to do some things. Does that make sense? Pride is one of the major reasons we do not pray. Why? Because it over estimates what we think we can do. For example, we think we can manage our lives all by ourselves and to things on our own - so we don't pray and ask for God's help. We depend upon ourselves to keep ourselves healthy, to take care of our finances, to do whatever it is we do. So we don't pray and ask God to help us, because we are too proud to ask for His help.
We should repent from our pride immediately, and ask God to help us seek Him in all circumstances. Whether it is for a good doctor's report, a great report card, a healthy bank account, great relationships, whatever it is - it can only be better when we put down our pride and successes and seek God's hand over it. I have seen God's hand on our finances; I have seen His hand on our health; I have seen His hand on relationships. I'm sure there are much more. But first, I have to lay it down before Him and tell Him I can't do it - and ask for His intervention.
And when God intervenes, my life always gets better. And yours will too, if you will let go of pride, trust and believe in the goodness of God. I know people who feel that when something good happens for them they proclaim the blessings of God. And that is good. But I have also seen those times when people struggle with pride and do things that do not reflect God's glory.
And that is why we are here. We are to be a reflection of God's glory, and we are to bring Him glory. Does that make sense? God created the earth, He created us, that He may receive the glory. Only He is deserving of it. Not you, not me. Some days I feel I am so unworthy of any of His blessings. But He is God and I am not. So glad He sees the big picture and I'm not controlling it!
Ok - I got to get on the work computer - my time is up! Hope that you have an amazing day. Lay down that pride and pick up the mantle of being humble, and let God be God. Cause you nor I are God, and we can not do His work unless He gives it to us - to bring Him glory.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment