Monday, September 15, 2025

I have messed up my settings

 My blog outline is still all messed up, but I don't have time to work with it this morning - and honestly, I totally forgot about it yesterday.  But I have managed to get this section large enough that I can type in it - but I can't see anything else.  I'm sure it is a simple fix - but for now....

Today is going to be crazy.  Well, this entire week is going to be somewhat stressful for me.  Hubby has doctor appointments this week and with being told I need to go to them, I'm trying to work around my work schedule.  Today, we have three town halls - and I am the back up for sharing slides.  Granted, last time I wasn't needed at all, the Senior EA was able to do it without any difficulty, but there was that one time that her computer went down in the middle of the presentation and one of the doctors had to share it.  Then the last time, she had to leave in the middle and I had to jump in and do the slides. Did it terrified I'd mess up as well.  But I didn't.  They really don't NEED me to be a back-up, but it is a precaution and I take it seriously.  I will send an email soon to the senior EA and let her know I won't be available until the third one this afternoon.  I think they are at 10AM/ 12PM / 2PM - or something like that.  

Anyway - hubby's first appointment today is at 11:15, but it's about 20 minutes away - hopefully it won't take long, and I don't expect him to be there an hour.  I'm taking a notebook to start writing down (cause I may forget!) what the doctor says.  This is the prostate/cancer doctor.   We need to give him the paperwork that Dr. Mark gave hubby last week, and ask for the blood work results hubby did for him (PSA test) and other progress notes.    I'm going to focus on one doctor appointment at a time.  Tomorrow is with Dr. Mark. 

Last week I was kind of a mess, I think, once I got the word from Dr. Mark's office.  I knew that time was coming.  For the past year I had been telling hubby to tell Dr. Mark that he was having difficulty remembering things, and his pride wouldn't let him.  I mentioned it to him yesterday how I tried to get him to tell him - that he asked me things (and I gave him a couple examples) of where he would ask me about things  -  things that I KNEW he knew - or had known about.  He told me what he told Dr. Mark one time - "I asked so that you would talk to me" - I'm working all day and he is alone with no one to talk to - he craved conversation.  Which is why he constantly comes in here to interrupt me.  Anyway, his comment back was he used to take Prevegan and quit taking it some time ago and he should have continued taking it. And I will leave that there.

Daughter and her hubby got home from New Mexico last night.  Glad they are finally home.  I told her that they could never ever go away for two weeks again.  One week is ok, but not two weeks.  LOL Like anything I say makes a difference. 

BTW, son, the big packets of salt I generally mix in 20 ounces of water - and I love the taste - it has 1000 mg of salt, I believe. That's the LMNT.  The Nectar only has - I think 200 mg of salt. Read the packet for instructions. You can mix it easily in 16 oz of water and it is barely there.  I only use one LMNT a day, but if you sweat a lot, I suppose you could take more.  You can also stretch the LMNT out as you did - increase the water with it.  I love salt and I love the salt taste.  And, yes, it does seem to give me energy - which is why I generally take it with me when I go work out.  I did end up drinking one last night while I was baking bread; I had a spell of being totally exhausted.

I read something interesting this morning in my 'Grace' book that I'm reading.  The author shared he was with a group of pastor/speakers for an event and they gathered in prayer before the service.  One of the pastors began to pray and prayed about what a sinner he was.... and then the second one said he was a worst sinner than the first one (what in the world?).... and by the time it got to this author, he says, after his initial shock over the two-three before him saying how 'bad' they were - he said this.... and it made an impression on me....

"Father, I thank you today that you have made me a saint. Thank you that you have made me worthy and that you have made me holy. I don't have to ask you to anoint me today, because you have already anointed me with the blood of your Son. Please use us, your servants, today."

It isn't arrogant, and it wasn't meant to be.  Why do we sometimes beat ourselves up in prayer?  In humility we sometimes proclaim the truth that we are all failures without Jesus Christ.  These pastors had a "be merciful to me, a sinner' heart and were proclaiming their total dependence on Jesus Christ.  But we are sinners, but we are also saints.  Yes, even with Christ in our lives, we lose some battles as we struggle with sin.  But we will never lose the war.   Jesus won the war for us in that He gave His blood for all our sins - the ones we have already committed, and the ones that we will commit in the future.  Jesus died for all of them.  Yes, we still strive to be like Jesus, but we are human, and we will sometimes fail.  But the grace of God is better than all our sins.

And that is what I hang on it.  I say things I shouldn't say.  I do things I shouldn't do.  Be merciful to me, a sinner, just doesn't seem enough some times.  But God's grace through Jesus' blood for me covers it all.  And I am so grateful.  I would find it difficult to call myself a 'saint', for I know I am far from it.  But, by Jesus' blood and His righteousness, I am made righteous in Him.

And so are you.  Do I confess every single day?  That's my business, but I'd say, probably.  The devil likes to remind us of things we did wrong.  Where the devil says we are a sinner; Jesus says we are a saint because of His blood; His righteousness.  I choose Jesus over the devil any day.  And I hope you do as well.

Since I'm still trying to figure out what I did to mess this up, I'm going to jump off writing so that I can find the button to 'publish' this - right now it is no where on the page.  Sigh. Oh well - this may - or may not have a title - got to figure that out as well.  I wonder if I bring it up on another computer if I can fix it.  Questions that make one wonder. Stay tuned; if I get a chance, I'll find another computer to fix it.

Blessings!

No comments: