Saturday, September 20, 2025

Busy morning, somewhat

 This Saturday morning I actually have something going on. Well, I guess I do at least one Saturday a month with Needles of Hope - but this is something different.  My youngest son wants to take me to the 'a$$-kicking' sauce store, which is a small store not far from him.  He has recently found out that I like jalapenos on my pizza, and nachos, ant wanted to take me there.  I usually do not use hot sauce on anything, but hubby does.  I'm going because I want to spend some 1:1 time with this son.  My 1:1 time with any of my children is precious and I will take every opportunity I can to have that with them, even for just a few moments.  Let me back up a bit - I was going to meet him at 9AM at his place to go to this store, and he mentioned his wife would be leaving and visiting her mother at 7AM.  So I asked him why not we go to breakfast then - I'll come down at 8AM and he can take me to breakfast and then we go to the store.  He seemed reluctant (he doesn't like nor eat breakfast, he says), but agreed.  I'm just prolonging our time together. I don't care if we just go get coffee (he doesn't drink coffee either, I don't think), but just want to spend 1:1 time with him.   After our time together, if I get back in time, I am to go to the 'WOW luncheon (women of wisdom) at church. I'm 'in between' wanting to go and not wanting to go.  I really do want to meet other women at the church... but there is a conference up in Prescott this weekend, and I am guessing most of the younger women are at that conference.  I'll keep my comments to myself... but I will stop at the luncheon (won't be hungry since going out for breakfast  - and we are to bring our own lunch) and meet some of the women and have dessert with them.

I have become really introverted and shy over the past few years with being home ALL the time.  I used to love to meet new people and get out and do things with others.  Not so much anymore.  But I do need to get involved as we want to stay at this church and meet people. Hubby is going to start going to a lunch Bible study twice a month at 1PM with a few people.  Since it's during the day, I cannot, of course.  Well, I probably could get by with it, but with having now to take off for hubby's doctor appointments, don't want to take advantage of a boss who is willing to flex my hours.

I have my own follow-up with Dr. Mark this Tuesday. I am expecting a fairly good report from my labs. The only two 'red' dots were specific gravity (I think I drink too much water?) and MCHC, I think it was. I'm still trying to figure out what that is.  He is trying to find out why I am/was a little anemic last December (he still can't believe my former doctor didn't do tests to figure out why I was a little anemic, but instead just told me to take an iron pill.  That's another reason why I like Dr. Mark; he gets to the root of the problem instead of just 'fixing' or 'masking' it.

After not sleeping much the night before, I slept really good last night.  We did go to bed a little later and I got up about 4:50AM this morning.  I just don't want to give up 'my' time - 4-8AM on weekends hubby just brings my coffee and stays out of here (as a rule).  It's my 'space' that I treasure and I don't care if I come in here and go back to sleep for a little bit - it is my space alone and I treasure it.  For those of you who are alone a lot, I know you don't understand it. Nor would you understand it if you have not carved out time just for you to read and rest without interruptions.  I've done this now for 40 years plus - and I refuse to loose it.  Yes, I may have to cut it short at times, but it is a choice.  I just don't want to give it up.

I can't figure this out.  I went online and set up an account at Labcorp for hubby so that we can see his labs.  That's where Dr. Mark sends his bloodwork too,  Yesterday hubby even received notification that his labs had been reported.  But when I go into Labcorp - there is nothing there.  Not sure why that is. Maybe I will call Labcorp next week and ask why his reports do not show up.  I'm curious what his AST is as it was out of whack for his liver last week. I'm hoping the office will call him to come in the same day I do so that it will save a trip - unless Dr. Mark will just call him and give him the information.  I'd like to have a copy of it.  But I'm also praying that the report will come back normal so that will confuse everyone. LOL  Hubby could use a good report on his health.

Colossians 3:12 (NIV): Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Right now I think a lot of people should reflect on that verse, don't you?  I have been so shocked at how people are reacting over the assassination of Charlie Kirk.  Regardless of whether they agreed with him or not, no one has the right to take another person's life.  I don't care if you liked what he said or not. He believed in what he said, and he had as much right to say what he did - just as you and I have that same right to voice our own opinion, our own thoughts, about the world.  It is just wrong on the things being said and done.  

But I do agree, if one celebrates a life being stolen, being snuffed out, they need to removed from influencing others with their vile contempt.  I'm sorry jobs have been lost over a ruthless and unprovoked comment posted on social media, or verbally spoken even, but one should always respect those around you that may have a different opinion than you do.  As Charlie Kirk always said - "Prove me wrong" - and they couldn't.  So they reviled him.  Just like Jesus spoke the Truth, and the Pharisees and others reviled Him.  Not comparing the two.  Just the circumstances.  There is NONE like Jesus, and NONE can be compared to Him.  

Lord, please give us a forgiving heart and patience with others, remembering how You have forgiven us. Help us to remember that we want our voice to be heard just as others do.  But help us not to resort to hate, nor violence, for they solve nothing, and make ourselves look foolish.  Keep our eyes on You, the author and perfector of our faith.  You alone are Lord, and we are not. Amen.

Take some time today to do good for others.  Sit quietly and listen to them without interruptions.  If given an opportunity to share your thoughts, then give them, and perhaps they will respect you enough to allow you to speak.  In all things, speak Truth.  And speak it with respect.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  The 'Golden Rule' still holds true.  

Blessings!

No comments: