Tuesday, September 2, 2025

I was tired last night....

with boredom, more than likely, but I was busy yesterday for most of it.  I went to the gym and did a HIIT workout (she busted my butt!  Had to flip the tire one direction, then push it back the other way!  At one point I asked her what it weighed - and she said 176 pounds.  Yeah, I'm that good. LOL

Came home and took a nap.  I told you, it was a rough workout!

I made 4 jars of cranberry/strawberry jam, and 5 jars of just strawberry - and I took a try at making strawberry bread.  OH.MY.GOODNESS!  It is so good!  The recipe calls for one big loaf, but I did divide it up into four small loaves  - and put three in the refrigerator.  Half of the one I kept out is gone already.  It really is good and has a good flavor.  I'm just not sure about the strawberries on leaving them out of keeping cool - this is the first time I've made it - and I will try making more.  It's THAT good!
 
I actually cooked dinner last night and we ate early - so then hubby wanted to watch movies.  We did. We watched two and then at 8PM I told him I was going to bed; I was really tired.  But even as tired as I was, I found I couldn't sleep much last night - and ended up staying in bed until 5AM this morning, trying to sleep.  I've tried to get my reading done this morning and prayers, and here it is minutes before 7AM so this will be somewhat short.  Got to get on the work computer and get started on my day. Hubby was exceptionally clingy yesterday. He said he was going to do his 'homework' for his bible study - but because I was sitting in the living room reading earlier in the day, he had to come sit out there 'with me'.  I wasn't lonely.  Sigh. He stayed in his chair all.day.long.  At least I got up and cooked most of the day!

Enjoyed having the day off yesterday.  I was going to go visit Ms. Diane, but I did call her and she said that her daughter was coming up.  Since we really can't talk with her daughter there, I opted not to go. She is to get moved today and I asked her to tell her daughter where they were moving her.  Seems as though where I thought she was moving her, they are not.  I hope it isn't back to where she was before; she hated that place.  Of course they don't consider their mother's desires, it's all about them and money.  It's a cruel thing to say, but I've seen how they pretend to take care of her but really don't.  I always thought it was great they stopped by to make sure she had food, etc.  But they don't sit and visit; they come and chew her out for not getting up and walking or about other things.  No wonder Ms. Diane loves me.   I heard they were paying $209/day where she currently is - but they complained the facility wasn't getting her rehab often enough or long enough.  The one place they said they were moving her, will force her into 3 hours of rehab a day.  That's a lot for an 87 year old woman who has severe back and hip pain frequently.  Yet, I cannot say anything.  I hope I can find out where she is going.

I laid in bed awake last night, trying to make a decision on what dessert to fix for a gathering at the VFW.  I want to do it; I am trying to make a decision.  I saw my son sent me a reminder email and asked the 'what' and gave me an 'out' if I wanted it.  No, I don't want 'out'; I want to do it!  Maybe I will make cookies.  I can make a couple batches and that would be plenty.  Probably the easier to make, ya think?  I need to make a decision today, unless my son will give me his thoughts on what to fix.  

And... it's after 7AM and I need to get on the work computer.  Told you this would have to be short today.  I hope running late isn't going to be a 'sign' for me today.  I need to be 'on my game' today and get back into work mode.

With that - I'm off here - have a blessed day and do something kind for someone.

Blessings!

No comments: