Saturday, August 2, 2025

Feeling out of sorts today....

 I actually have plans this morning - alone - and with others.  Alone, because hubby will not be going with me.  With others, because I meeting this morning with friends for Needles of Hope for an hour and then I am heading to a restaurant to meet up with my favorite boss, my favorite medical director, and a former CFO friend.  (we are friends, but I've never supported her or worked for her).  Anyway - I have plans for the morning and it feels good.  Only the thought popped in a little bit ago to just 'call in sick' to all of it.  Where in the world did that come from?  I have a chance to run away for a few hours alone; to escape my prison, and I get the thought to 'call in sick'?  What's up with that?

I think it is that I overcarbed yesterday - and if that isn't a word, it should be.  I'm really tired this morning, and no, I'm not going to take my glucose nor weigh myself. I don't think I really want to know what it is. What did I eat yesterday?  I think I did well for breakfast and lunch.... but mid-afternoon.... I made homemade butterfinger ice cream, and more oatmeal cookies and pumpkin scones. And I indulged in it all.  This morning I am feeling fat - and very sluggish.  Definitely not 'fat and sassy' as I usually can be! So my initial thought is to avoid all carbs today, right? Trying to get my body on track.  Like that's going to happen. Carbs are not my friend, and yet, I can't do without them. Besides, I have scones and oatmeal cookies... plus more ice cream in the freezer.  But I guess I can skip indulging today and get control of my body again.

Which reminds me, I got hit up on a couple step challenges for work for today and tomorrow and I accepted the challenge.  I really should put in the effort to walk this fat body and get it moving. It's better than sitting in front of the TV all afternoon and evening as I usually end up doing. (erase erase_ I really am trying to get better about complaining.....)

Ms. Diane called me last night. About 6 times.  And a couple times in the afternoon.  Bless her heart, she does not have a smart phone, but she still has difficulty with it.  In all those calls, we talked twice.  The first time she asked me about the tart cherry juice I said I would get for her.  I've actually had it for a few days but just didn't go over.  I told her I'd bring it over today.  The second time was her telling me she didn't mean to call me, but just can't figure out what she is doing with her phone.  LOL  Gotta love her. I will need to go visit her and take the tart cherry juice over and then go visit Ms. Vicki sometime today or tomorrow as well.  I enjoy my visits, but it is just getting my butt going.  Two hours out of my life that brings them enjoyment - I can do that, right?

I am feeling a heavy need to spend some alone time with God....just me and Him.  I need to 'tell Him all about my troubles'... reminds me of a song I heard growing up... 'Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right'.  Thought I'd look up the lyrics as I'm sure you do not remember - or know of - that song. I'm surprised - it's written by Loretta Lynn!

I once was lost in sin but Jesus took me in
And then a little light from Heaven filled my soul
He bathed my heart in love and wrote my name above
And just a little talk with Jesus made me whole
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And we will answer by and by
Now when you feel a little prayer wheel turning
Then you'll know a little fire is burning
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
Sometimes my passing prayer without a ray of fear
And then a cloud of doubt will hide the light of day
The mist of sin may rise and hide the starry sky
But just a little talk with Jesus clears the way
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And we will answer by and by
Now when you feel a little prayer wheel turning
Then you'll know a little fire is burning
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
I may have doubts and fears my eyes be filled with tears
But Jesus is a friend who watches day and night
I go to him in prayer he knows my every care
And just a little talk with my Jesus makes it right
Now let us have a little talk with Jesus
Let us tell him all about our troubles
He will hear our faintest cry
And we will answer by and by
Now when you feel a little prayer wheel turning
Then you'll know a little fire is burning
You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
Makes it right

Yeah, I cut and pasted it and now I can't figure out where the background is... will have to figure it out - cause the rest of this will probably be white as well.  LOL  As I sat here singing the song to myself, I am reminded of a quartet who sung this and on the chorus 'Now let us have a little talk with Jesus, Let us tell him all about our troubles, He will hear our faintest cry, and we will answer by and by.  Now when you feel a little prayer wheel turn, Then you'll know a little fire is burning, You will find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.  Makes it right.

The italicized words are the deep bass singing and then the others would chime in.  I'm thinking now of Tom Kurtz who used to sing in a quartet at our church and he sung bass.  And, yes, they also sung this song a time or two.  I think I have a cassette around here somewhere of that quartet... but do I still have a cassette player?  I think so... might have to go digging for it. LOL  

And I think that is just what I am needing.... a little talk with Jesus.  I need to tell him about the pain I carry within me, and lay it all down at the foot of the cross.  It's hard to let it go, but I can't change anything. Only He can. And many times, while we are carrying around all that pain, He is just waiting for us to give it to Him so that He can bring healing to our hearts, our bodies (because when we carry around guilt or pain or grief, it affects our body), and our very souls.  I desperately need alone time with Jesus.  Looking forward to our 'anniversary getaway/retreat' in a couple weeks - at least hubby will let me be quiet and not have the TV on.  I am going to get him to take his walking sticks, and I'll take mine as well. Maybe we can actually walk a trail somewhere.

And with that - I need to jump in the shower and get ready to head out in a bit.  Is there something you want to talk to Jesus about today?  Perhaps now is the time.  Just take a little time and talk with Jesus, you will find life is so much better.

Blessings! 

No comments: