Wednesday, August 13, 2025

Another day in Oz...

 An 'old' friend used to say that as he walked in to the office years ago.  My boss and I started saying it again recently and our conversation went to this guy and his wife.  We both have lost track of them and have no idea where they are.  Sad, for they were good friends.

I'm still going back and forth in my mind if I should take today off or not.  I have my first appointment with Dr. Mark and I am pretty sure for this appointment it will take about 2.5 hours out of my day.  It's about a 45 minute drive there, then give an hour for the appointment (if that), and then drive back home. It will be lunchtime and you know hubby will want to stop and eat in somewhere.  I know I can take it off, and I keep asking myself if I should. I don't need to; I'm salaried so even if I am gone three hours, as long as I work the remain 5 hours, I will still get paid for the entire day.  I sometimes am asked to work before 7AM (think 6AM board meeting) and after 4PM (when I'm asked for meetings after 4 to schedule) so it does work out. Plus I don't usually take a 'lunch break' or even a morning or afternoon break. I figure I'm not horrendously busy, but don't need to take one just because I can.  I may ask to take it off just so I don't fret about being gone so long. I don't take advantage of work time off. If nothing is going on, then I may as well, right?  Male boss is out of town and I doubt if I will hear from him.  Will see how I feel in a bit.

I stayed home last night and dragged my rebounder in front of the TV and watched a movie, getting two miles in before I quit 'walking'.  I was surprised tho when I checked my steps and it showed I had over 10K steps for yesterday. Yea me!  My legs are telling me they walked this morning.  I think I have upper body (probably chest) workout tonight.  HIIT tomorrow night.  Do I dare work my legs again?

I'm thinking my sister was right.  She kept telling me that Balance of Nature Fruits and Vegetables would give me energy.  I didn't believe her, but did purchase some.  I forgot to take some the other day and realized how tired I was.  I took some then and it seemed my energy picked up.  I will take them with me to day to Dr. Mark - he wants to review all the pills I am taking - he may tell me it's just in the mind. Will see.  But with Virta, they have cut out a lot of my fruit and veggies so I was thinking that if I took these, at least I'd get some vitamins from them, right?  I'm curious as to what he will say.  Stay tuned on that one. I do think they give me energy.

My sister finally got the package yesterday that I shipped last Wednesday.  I paid $15 extra for it to be delivered on Saturday - and they sent it to Philadelphia, PA for a day and a half.  Usually her packages go to Miami, Florida.  Of course the post office says 'packages are sorted mechanically so sometimes they get routed the wrong direction.  Rolling my eyes here.  Is something wrong with the equipment - or is it that the little town my sister lives in is a pain to get to - just like 'my little town' is.  My brother mailed me two birthday cards last week.  One arrived on Monday.  I'm still waiting on the other.   Which reminds me - I need to get a card to my sister in the mail (her birthday is Saturday) and I need to pick up an anniversary card for hubby (which is tomorrow).

Ephesians 2:10 (NKJV):  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

We are saved for good works, not by the works that we do.  These works are the outgrowth of our relationship with Him.  We are empowered through the Holy Spirit to do these works.  In fact, the word that is translated workmanship is Greek is the word poema, the root of our English word poem.  As Christians, we are God's poem, His masterpiece, His great work.

I did manage to get some things completed yesterday.  I made up a list yesterday morning of things I wanted to get completed - i.e., clean out the bookcase in here, clean off the desk, do this, do that, etc. and had quite a long list.  One of them was writing thank you notes - and I did get that completed and all put in the mail.  I also sorted out by Old Testament and New Testament all the messages that I have given the last two-three years or more.  I have kept a copy of all and where I spoke at.  I have them put away - should I ever be asked to speak on a specific scripture, I can go to what that scripture is, and update the message and use it again.  Saves me a lot of searching work.  I am starting to also prepare for the upcoming 'season' of speaking at the two RV parks.  It will be so good to see our friends there.  I had several wish me happy birthday.

I've been praying if I should volunteer to teach a 'life group' at this time.  I'm waiting on a text back from Pastor Lindsay to see if we can meet for lunch soon.  Of course next week we are gone most of the week.  She has asked me... and I told her 'we need to talk about it'.  But deep inside of me, I felt an excitement - life, perhaps - starting to come up inside of me.  The joy of sharing Jesus with others and helping them find a personal relationship with Him is my heart's desire.  I really do thrive on sharing Jesus - it gives me such energy!  I'm just not sure if now is the time, or wait until the first of the year. And then there is the 'what should I teach' question.  I'm telling you, these 'old' books that I taught from in the past are treasures.  Yes, many authors have risen that have written wonderful studies.  But I have a personal interest in these that I have taught before.  That's why I need to meet and talk with our pastors before committing.  I need to hear what they are wanting, and then offer my own suggestions.  I want to become involved and serve, but I don't want to just jump in without seeing all that is open and available. Does that make sense?  Too many times people jump in and say 'yes' because they want to serve - and it isn't their gift.  My gifts have changed over the years, but I feel that teaching is still there. Will see!  

I still have this wall I have to climb over when it comes to teaching.  The last two churches we attended I would hear the pastors say 'yes, teach!' but they would offer no help, no advertising, no nothing.  You can't get people to attend if you don't have the pastor's backing.  I'm not in 'rehashing what the pastor spoke about on Sunday' - that doesn't appeal to me.  Especially when I found it boring.  And, yes, that has happened.  I don't want to sit and just visit with people. I want to learn.  When I teach from a workbook, I have to do the work myself so I am learning as well.  That is what I like. I want to learn how to live for Jesus just as much as I want to help others live for Him.  Will see whenever we meet with the pastors what they have in mind.  

Well, it looks like 'it's that time again' and I need to print off my insurance card - the new one has not arrived yet.  Got to have something to take with me today.  Hope that you have an amazing day and that you will receive the blessings of God.  Lean into Him today, talk with Him, and tell Him what's going on in your heart.  He knows already anyway; but He loves for you to talk with Him.

Blessings!

No comments: