Thursday, February 27, 2025

Who did it? Probably me.

 If you read yesterday's 'blog' I wrote about hubby's new phone not working and his old phone was.  Well, that wasn't exactly the truth.  Although we didn't know it at the time.  First thing yesterday morning hubby gathered up our old phones to return to Verizon as we were to do.  I certainly couldn't go back to my old phone because I had registered the new phone for the signon at work and I was not going to go through that again.  I think everything transferred - and if not, perhaps I don't need it.  I've also gone through and deleted a lot of apps that I don't use.  Anyway - on to Verizon.  Hubby goes in to see Austin, whom we worked with on Saturday.  He told Austin about the issues with the new phone.  Austin took one look and said; you put the old phone in the new case and were trying to use the old phone.  Of course the old phone worked, it was the new one!  Somehow, in the three blue cases that we had purchased for his phone before I realized the camera was different than mine, we mixed up the phones.  He had stuck with the black siding on the phone, which not realizing the different sizes, we mixed them up.  I said I did it more than likely because I was the one doing all the 'work' on getting his phone taken care of.  But hubby did say it could have been him as well.  No biggie.  Austin took his old phone and deleted all the information.  Then he tried to delete mine.  They called me for my code to sign in.  I gave it.  Then my Apple password. I gave it.  LOL  Then Apple required a face ID.  Well, I wasn't there.  Couldn't do it online (although we didn't try).  So hubby brought my phone back and we returned later yesterday to get my old phone turned in and erased.  

When we came back I asked Austin if hubby had told the truth about why his face has stitches.  Austin replied that hubby had told him I had beat him up. (Actually, hubby said he had told him I hadn't beaten him up, he had surgery when he went the first time)  I just looked at Austin and told him that I was glad he got the truth.  Hubby gets out of line occasionally and only a beating sets him straight.  We all had a good laugh about that.  Even hubby.

I get a somewhat short break this morning; hubby is having breakfast with a friend.  Not that it really means anything to me; I still have to work.  'It is what it is'.  Right?  It's Thursday and tomorrow morning he will have his Bible study to go to.  I know I mention these times several times throughout the week; but they are important for my sanity.  

My oldest son txt'd me last night about having breakfast or lunch with him on March 22.  I checked the calendar and don't see anything on it so I think we will be meeting up that date.  Looking forward to it as I always do.  Just me and him.  I was trying to remember when we started this and I think this is year 10.  I count the years as when we started Jailbreak, as it was the Christmas before that I requested 1:1s once a quarter with each of my children.  They have no idea how much that means to me.  I think this son realizes it more as his children are away from home (well, but one) and he rarely gets to see them.  He is definitely 'walking in my shoes' when it comes to missing the contact with them.  

It is 6:38AM and it is still dark out.  I can't wait for the sun to be up by 6AM.  I love opening the shutters in this room and looking out the courtyard.  Yeah, I'm sitting at the desk I brought in here, and it is facing our courtyard.  Don't want to open the shutters or everyone can see me sitting here. Sometimes I open the shutters all the way and just have the glass open.  Hubby says I'm nosey and checking on the neighbors.  I can't help they live close by.  I hear our neighbors on the left at times in their courtyard. They have been doing a lot of work out there.  If I go out, and hear them coming out, I usually run back in.  I know, it's silly.  But she is a talker and even when I tell her I need to get back to work, she will continue non-stop talking for another twenty minutes!  We still need to have them over for a meal.  They had us over before Christmas.  Before Thanksgiving even, I am thinking.  But my time is limited and well, I'm just 'not there' yet.  Soon I hope.

Matthew 5:44-45:  But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

That was the scripture in one of the devotionals I read this morning, and it gives one a lot of thought.  We can, for example, get mad at our spouse, or even a friend.  But do we actually 'forgive' them, or do we just 'let it go' and ignore the problem (and them)?   The author shared she had been angry with her husband and withheld forgiveness.  He would always apologize, but then he would 'do it again' and hurt her.  He wanted her forgiveness, but he also wasn't trying to change.

But one day God told her that she needed to forgive her husband.  She gave God all the reasons why she could not    Her husband wasn't changing and if he wasn't going to change, she wasn't going to forgive.  God told her to extend mercy to her husband, although he did not deserve mercy.  That is the beauty of mercy.  It cannot be earned, and it is given when we deserve it least, because that is when we need it the most.

The author said she finally went to her husband and told him what God had said, and apologized for punishing him by withholding forgiveness.  She had withheld forgiveness to protect herself, but instead it was hurting both of them.  Choosing to be obedient to God, she told her husband that she forgave him, and healing and restoration took place within their marriage.  Forgiveness, mercy extended when it isn't deserved, brings much healing.  People change when they are extended mercy.  

Jesus extends His mercy to us, even though we don't deserve it.  Sometimes I feel like I deserve none of His mercy, and yet He extends it to me.  And with that undeserved mercy, my heart can beat again, and I can feel hope, and love, and even joy, again in my life.  As you have read along in these many writings I have done of my life, I'm sure you have seen me in all kinds of moods.  Some furiously angry, some so-so, some full of joy and happiness.  Some are just readings, right?  But I hope you get something out of each one, if nothing else but to learn from my mistakes.

Jesus uses the same measure and method of judging us that we have used to judge others. We cannot pick and choose the application of Scripture to suit our own liking.  Jesus instructs, but He allows each individual to decide whether or not he or she will obey His Word.  Jesus leads; He never forces anyone to follow Him.

Change is always hard, as we all know.  But instead of blaming others, let's instead forgive them.  It will get us out of the bondage of anger that we put ourselves in, and frees them to change.  Don't we want to be forgiven also?  None of us deserve mercy, but Jesus gives it freely.  Let us do the same.

Blessings!

No comments: