Sunday, February 2, 2025

It's the 'Love Month'

 Well, February is here, and most churches ae speaking on love, marriage, family relationships, etc. this month.  I guess they call February the 'love month'.  Listening to Jentezen Franklin as I write this.  He just made a statement  "If you are dating someone who doesn't give a 'flip' about God, stop dating them, for unless that person can serve the purpose of God in your life and it is better with them, get rid of them." Ok, I may have missed a word or two, but you get the jest.  When you marry someone, they should help you grow in Christ, not tear you down.  Interesting message, but so very true.  I know so much more now than I did when I was 18 years old. I wish I knew God back then the way I know Him now.  Life would have been with many less difficulties, for sure.  How are you doing with God?  Is He first in your life?  Are you building your spouse up in their purposes, their passions - or are you tearing them down?  Are you a hindrance in their walk, or do you encourage and strengthen your spouse, your children, your family?  Things we all need to think about.  I will admit I have not been what I should have been as my children were growing up.  Some remind me of that at times, and it grieves my heart.  I see the results of my disobedience to God.  And I have had to confess and repent many times over the years.  I thank God for His grace and mercy.

Hubby is doing much better since his surgery, although he still complains of occasional pain in a certain area.  I suggested last night that we stay home today (and watch on TV) instead of going in person to church.  He is still swaying some and shuffling more, it seems, since his surgery.  I'm hoping another week of recovery will help him steady himself.  He doesn't have any more aneurysms, so this is the last surgery, as far as we know.  He goes back to the doctor in about 10 days, I think.  He also has another appointment with his prostate doctor next week - he finished his six months of shots; he's hoping the tests show improvement and he can stop the shots and just go for follow-up appointments every 3-6 months.  He is really tired of going to doctors all the time.  Did I tell you that two spots on his face turned out to be basil cell carcinoma?  He has to call a dermatologist that his doctor recommended to get them taken care of them.  I do not envy him, nor do I remind him how much it hurt getting the numbing shots on my neck to remove mine - his is between his eyes and beside his nose.  Uh, I can't imagine what he will feel with the shots and I don't want to!  I was hollering at the shots on my neck!  I cringe when I think about the shots he will need to get to numb his face to get these dug out!  But it has to be done!

I'm learning more about my little gadget.  It finally sync'd yesterday, so what I put in manually has now been duplicated.  It's a learning process.  In reading more of the literature, I realize I should prick my ring finger, not the index finger - and you know what - I guess it makes a difference.  Yesterday when I was trying to figure out what was wrong and why it wasn't syncing, I did the index finger (94) my middle finger (106) and today I did the ring finger and it was 116.  Uh - which one would be the most accurate?  I don't know - but I'll continue to use the ring finger for that is what the pictures show in the instructions.  I'm still learning. Oh, and it did sync this morning.  I've really been trying hard to watch the carbs and I'm 'allowed' 30 carbs a day - and yet, I'm always full after we eat - which is good.  Last night was air-fryed pork loin, cottage cheese/yogurt/blueberries (yeah, some carbs there), cut up cucumbers, celery, and hummus.  It filled us up.  I'm still learning how to cook as well - all over again!  Thank goodness I have some keto cookbooks for they help me figure out what to fix.  I'm trying to have smaller portions as well.  It must be working for I've gone from xx6.2 to xx1.2 this morning.  You don't need to know how high I had gotten!   I'll take those five pounds and am hoping it continues to go down!

I Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV):  But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love Him."

Just heard an interesting scenario - imagine a triangle.  God is at the top of the triangle.  The husband is at the bottom on one side, the wife on the opposite side.  As they both move toward God, they get closer together.  Think about it.  As each grows in Christ, moves toward God, this man and this woman, this husband and this wife, will grow not only in Christ, will grow closer together.  Something to think about.

It is very true.  I tell you the truth.  If I had not given my life to Jesus, and hubby given his life to Jesus, several years ago, we would not be together today.  Yes, we still have had our problems; we still have problems, I won't deny it.  BUT, we deal with them much better now WITH God as our focus, then we did those years we did not belong to Him.  We have to say the "I'm sorry" and "Please forgive me" often.  That is also part of the growing in Jesus process.  When life comes at you hard, the 'me' and 'my' come out.  I know - I'm guilty of the 'my' a lot.  I say it is to protect myself, to protect our finances, that I do some of the things I do - but what am I putting my trust in?  It's been a battle the past few years regarding retirement for me.  I want 'my way' - and hubby wants 'his way'.  But we have never sat down to truly discuss the implications of what would happen if I retired right now.  I believe we can do it - but what are we each willing to give up to make it happen?  I would need to get a part time job to keep my sanity; I couldn't sit at home all the time.  We don't have enough to travel like other retired people.  I don't want to struggle, but I do want to have enough.  Marriage is hard.  Sharing life and opinions with your spouse is hard.  But with God, all things are possible.  It is possible to fall in love again. It is possible to be happy again.  It's not about me; it's not about him.  It IS about Jesus being the center.  He makes the difference.  

Bottom line, as long as we put Jesus first in our lives, in our marriage, in our family, in our home - then God will help us and provide for as He sees fit.  He always provides, no matter what.  Our future is in Jesus, not in my job, or what finances we do have.  I've learned to be content when we have plenty, and when we have nothing.  There is much we don't need; I have the clutter to prove it.  As long as I have Jesus, I have all that is needed. 

And so do you.  Do you have Jesus?  Won't you turn your heart toward Him today and seek His face?  He will make all the difference in the world to you.

Blessings! 



No comments: