I think I mentioned in another post that hubby was having trouble with his iphone and had gone to Verizon. Of course he did. And of course they talked him into two iphone 16 'free', and he felt we ought to do it. Well, we did go down yesterday (and I got a pink one!) and did, in fact, get two free iphone 16s. In the meantime, I'm ordering cases. We got two in yesterday from Amazon, but I don't like the layout of mine. Hubby says it is because I'm used to the case I have, and that could very well be right. He doesn't like his, but I can't remember the reason why. Nevertheless, I did order two different ones and his will be arriving this morning, mine tomorrow. We will return the two we have. I love that we can just drop them off at Staples/Kohls/UPS and a couple other places and get a receipt and walk away. A few minutes later the refund is on my card.
So, yes, we both have new phones and I spent a bit of time last night going through some of the apps and having to input my passwords. UGH. I hate that part. Most I don't even remember; and I have many written down... but in which book and which is the most current? I received a new password book for Christmas and I have started putting some in it, but I need to go through every app that I need a password for and get it written down. I need to. But will I? Maybe eventually....
We were going to go to a new church this morning and check it out, but as I went out to get a second cup of coffee, hubby asked to talk. And I understand exactly what he is saying. If we go today, we go once. Next week we are at the RV Park. Then we go once, and the following week we are at a RV Park. We go once, and we are at the RV Park.... and then I think I'm done until November. So we have decided to watch it on You Tube (not sure if we can get this church, but we are going to look for it) until we can go at least 3-4 Sundays in a row so that we can determine if we will 'like' this church. I hope we can find it. We have read a couple of this pastor's books and really like his transparency, and I love the mission of the church - Living like Jesus; Loving like Jesus. Isn't that what we are all supposed to be doing?
I finally broke through - I think - a point on the scale where I feel like I have lost about 6 pounds. I know it isn't much, but since my tummy is starting to go down, to me it is a lot. Can you imagine six pounds of FAT falling off someone's belly? I can remember when someone close had a tummy tuck.... and they took twenty pounds (seriously!) of fat out of her tummy. She swore it would never happen again. Of course that was twenty years ago. But ... she is taking Ozempic and losing weight and has continuously pushed on me to take it as well so we can do this journey of weight loss together. No thank you. Sure, at one point it was tempting, but I don't want to put any drugs in my body that I don't 'have' to. You get my drift? Yes, I would like to lose about 30 more pounds. Can you believe I downloaded an app that Virta recommended to count carbs, and when I put in my goal weight, it told me it was too low for my age??! I dissed that app real quick. My goal weight is none of its business. And no, it isn't too low for my age. Nor for my size. And while I'm at it, why is it that as we age, people EXPECT us to round out and gain weight and 'it's ok because we are older'???? Phooey on them! As long as I stay healthy, and eat healthy, I should be able to weigh whatever my body chooses, right? I'm definitely never going to see 113 again - which is what I weighed when I was single. But I would like to get toned and thinner. And that's why I work out. Muscle weighs more than fat anyway so I will always weigh more - and if I feel good about where I'm at - no app is going to tell me it's too high or too low!!
Praying over my son and his wife as they head back home today from Colorado. He had mentioned in his blog he had a weird premonition about the trip. It could have been just anxiety and dread of having to make the entire long trip within a 3 day period. I hope that is all it was. I haven't heard anything. I had hoped he would let me know they arrived safely, but he did not, and I respect his space enough I was not going to send him a text and ask. I am not, nor have ever been, a hoovering mother. My daughter and youngest son, when they go on a trip, as a rule will send a text and just say 'arrived safely' so that I know. And when they come back, they let me know when they are home. But this son is very independent - always has been. And I respect that and give him his space.
Still debating on taking tomorrow off work. Not for me specifically, but for hubby. I may have mentioned it before. He is having two basal cell carcinomas removed from his face. One right between the eyes, and the other next to his nose on his cheek. He is very anxious, of course. Not for what it will look like after the surgery, but having it done. And I would be too. I remember how much that needle hurt on the back of my neck when I had one removed; I can't imagine what he will feel when they do they face. Shivers!! I will need to drive him there (I don't think I really need to, but he is so anxious he asked me to) and drop him off. Then, when he gets released, he will call and I will go back and get him. My favorite boss said if I need to take it off to do so - or I could work as I could and save the time off for a day when I can play. I have enough hours, and the thought that I could get some things done while he is away is very tempting. Maybe I will - and I can - 'take off' about 2PM for the rest of the day. It will be about that time he will call to pick him up, I imagine. I think he has to be there at 10 or 10:30 - he will be there a total of 3-4 hours and I don't need to sit there. It's about a 35 minute drive one way so consider an hour of driving.... I won't get much work done. I just had a thought. Hmmmm. I will need to double check hubby's check in time. More perhaps tomorrow on that subject.
I really need to clean up around my chair in here, and need to clean out this bookcase in here too. I knocked something off my table this morning and as I looked around the table, I have books stacked, papers, bookmarkers, and who knows what all, all around it. I need to clean it up and straighten it up. I NEED to let go of some things I don't use!! I threw an empty Amazon box in to my closet the other day with the hopes that as I see things I don't wear anymore (or haven't in two years; that's the usual thought - haven't worn in two years, get rid of it) and put in the box. When it's full, take to The Salvation Army. I know I have two suits in there that I haven't worn in probably 20 years. Yes, I said years. My butt grew real quick and the skirts were too tight. Why haven't I let go of them?
Well, I'm a sentimental person. And you know SOME of you are like me. When someone gives you something, or is with you when you get something, it is a memory of that person, right? This is getting ridiculous, I know. I had three rings that my first hubby had given me. My daughter got the wedding rings, and traded them in on her own. And that's fine. My oldest son got the pearl ring that had been purchased in Viet Nam for me. The youngest got the turquoise mother's ring that was the last thing I had received. I wasn't allowed to take much when I was moved out. But those were mine and I gave them to the children. I have a jacket that my mother used to wear. I have my older sister's leopard coat she wore and we all made fun of. I have pieces of a train that my big brother gave me. I have my youngest brother's baby book and many photos of his kids. I should let go of the jacket and the coat - I know I have other things that they gave me. So why do I hang on to them? I have no idea. But it may be time for a cleaning out.
It's like the other day hubby and I were talking about a sweatsuit I had given him for Christmas. I had bought an XL because he had gained a lot of weight (in my opinion). The way we were eating he could have kept gaining it. BUT - I started on Virta and because I am eating lighter and better, so is he - and of course, being a man, he has lost more than I have. He keeps telling me he is having to punch more holes in his belt to keep his pants up. Sigh. Jealous. Anyway - the sweatsuit pants need to be cut and hemmed about 8 inches. (why do clothing manufacturers think everyone is tall?) He was talking about taking to a tailor to have them fix. I looked at him and told him not to bother, for they are XL and if he continues to lose weight as he has, (he says he only wants to lose two more pounds), it will be too big for him. His comment? "I keep everything you give me so I don't want to give them away." LOL Yeah, it kind of runs in the family, right? Well, no, that's not true. My daughter doesn't get attached to much of anything material. Or it is that she has moved so much that she tries to keep material things 'light'. I know when we moved here, I have no clue of where a lot of my things went. They may still be in the boxes I have stored out in the garage as I have no room in the house to put anything. (I want a bigger house!!) But I know I 'lost' a lot of things, and I have missed them. But 'it is what it is' and I had to let go of a lot. I was a 'collector' like my mother. No, not a hoarder, but I love crystal glasses and pretty dishes. And I had a lot.
Change of thought. Daggone it. I ordered a new case for hubby's phone and it doesn't fit the camera. Again. I thought his camera was like mine - but it is not. He has something extra on his - so that case is to be returned as well and I am ordering yet another case that will arrive in the morning - hopefully with mine. I hope I ordered the right one for mine - perhaps I need to look at what I ordered!
Matthew 6:34 (NKJV): Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Isn't that so true! Why worry about today and the things one needs to do - when tomorrow will bring about its own issues and troubles! For example, I could sit here and worry about work tomorrow, getting hubby to the doctor, getting back home - or I can leave that for tomorrow and just deal with what I want to accomplish today. Yeah - I think I'll leave tomorrow alone. I will have enough to think about tomorrow.
Have a blessed day!
Blessings!
1 comment:
Hmmm, I must have missed this post. I tried to daily still read, even while away from home, but here it is Monday late night, and I am reading this one and it is "new" to me. Sorry I didn't give you the "we are off on the road" and the "made it safe" messages. We did do that to our chat channel with the kids. That way, if we died, they would have time-stamps (bad joke). Wife and I appreciate the prayers said on our behalf for safety and good travel, and we had all that there and back. Thanks.
Post a Comment