I receive a blog monthly from a dear friend I have known for over 40 years. She is an author and her blogs are about her books, and occasionally, her personal life. She shared that earlier this month her hubby had surprised her with tickets to see (pulling from memory here) Tommy James and the Shondells. She mentions the Shondells in some of her books. She had a great time and enjoyed it. That was the good part. Then she shared the bad part. Her CML has returned. I think she was 'cleared' nearly a year ago. But her 'points' jumped from .0 to 39 within a very short time, so they have put her on a new medication since she really didn't want to return to what she had been on. It's not only age that affects us; it is disease. It's hard when it is someone close to you who has a life-threatening illness. My daughter has cirrhosis of the liver - she's doing all she can to live. At least it isn't so bad she is on a transplant list yet. She is also the one who had a bone marrow transplant over 20 years ago for ALL+P. Hubby, too, has had his prostate cancer and aneurysms. Sickness and disease has no boundaries. Lord, help us.
I survived the gym yesterday morning at 7AM and my legs are telling me this morning they didn't like what they were put through. Again. Morgan and I were laughing at one time - in the middle of my doing lunges - which I hate. Ok, I don't hate them, I just don't like them because I'm 'not good at it'. What made us laugh? Seriously, you would need to see it to believe it. It was a 'man' doing long, deep lunges, and that back leg that he stretched out - he would kick his butt. I tried it when I got home and 1) I nearly fell, and 2) I couldn't reach my butt. It was funny watching hm but not watching him. We both turned away and went the other direction. I know we shouldn't laugh, but it was amusing to see this happening. Who exercises that way? Well, obviously he does. We've seen it once, so if he is ever there again, it won't be as funny.
Work has been extremely busy these past couple of weeks and my male boss has already sent me an email to check on the board deck (i.e., ppt slides) on Monday to make sure the agenda and the powerpoint slides agree on titles. UGH. I.DON'T.WANT.TO.BE.INVOLVED.IN.THIS!! He needs his very own admin and it isn't me! I tell him that, I tell others that. I like him, but I don't want to do this stuff. No 'suck it up buttercup' to it - I don't want to do it. But for now, I have to. Sigh.
Looking forward to tomorrow morning - I will actually get a break. Meeting my favorite boss for breakfast tomorrow, which means I'll be 'out of the office' for about 3 hours. We haven't gotten together since before Christmas (so I could give her all the goodies I made). It will be good to meet up and chat. She is talking more and more about retirement. I don't know that I could bear it to stay if she's gone. I always said I'd go when she did, but reality - probably won't be able to. We've added a couple bills (cremation expenses and warranty on my car) that won't be paid off for a couple years. Should I shoot for when I turn 80 I can retire? I can think of several ways to cut back to where we can make it, but hubby would not be in agreement. And I will admit, that hurts. And I'll leave it there.
I have a couple projects to get started on this morning and then I hope this afternoon won't be as bad. Actually, I need to pick up things and put them away - the cleaning people will be here this morning. No, I don't 'clean' before they come (although I know some that do), but I do put my personal things away so that it is easier to clean. After two months of them not cleaning this room because of Christmas, I let them clean last month and it still isn't too bad. The sweeper will be ran and it will be dusted - except for my desk. It is over the top cluttered and they are told to leave it alone. I need to pull the receipts out the tray and start sorting for our taxes - we have an appointment next month with our financial guy.
Hubby will be out most of the morning. He is having a late breakfast with a friend and then has a doctor's appointment that he will go on to. The cleaning people will be here, so I won't be able to sneak around and get some things done. Oh well. Need to focus on work anyway, right? I'm still trying to decide if we 'get away' for a weekend later this month. I might even consider taking a couple days off work and making it a Sunday-Tuesday getaway; maybe the rates will be lower. Because of Valentine's Day rates are higher as well as things going on in town. When I make some suggestions, hubby seems to always steal my 'joy' in doing something, and this time has been no exception. In fact, I don't even WANT to go somewhere to get away. I reason it out as we are home alone, why pay to go somewhere where we are all alone. Do you hear me? But it is a different scenery, and we 'have' to go out to eat, and we can go to a pool if we want. It really is all about pleasing him and keeping him happy. I could lock myself up in a room with books and be totally content. That is, as long as I had coffee. Food, I could care less.
I miss my hermitage days. I suggested to hubby one time that we could get two hotel rooms, each of us have our own 'space' and stay a couple days. He nixed that idea. He can barely stand me going on Jailbreak (which is 4/27-4/29 this year) and him being home alone. He just smothers me at times and it kills me inside. Ok, enough of that. Moving on.
I don't think anything is on the agenda for tonight. Asd mentioned above, hubby is busy this morning and won't be home until around 1PM or so. Me, I'll be working, of course. Need to figure out something for dinner and pull out of the freezer. Because of this new 'plan' that I (we, according to him; he has never done something on his own) am on, I find I am cooking nearly three meals a day again. Yesterday I fooled him, though. And I will share this - HE ACTUALLY COOKED ME AN EGG AND TWO SLICES OF BACON!! He fixed breakfast and brought to me after I got back from the gym. Lunch kind of flew by, and I didn't fix anything. Dinner, I fixed a steak and veggies. I've lost around 3 pounds this first week - and that's fine. I'm not worried so much about weight for when I work out, my muscles grow, and they weigh more. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Three pounds is three pounds. My glucose and ketones have fluctuated from. I will be testing my glucose here in a few minutes. Ketones I do about 3PM. I seem to average 116 (5.7) on my glucose as a rule, although yesterday it was 106. I sure do miss my cookies and chocolate. But none yesterday so I'm hoping I will have a decent number. As long as I don't go above 116 I think I'm ok. Watching my carbs, especially late at night. I will still have a cookie and a piece of chocolate when I want it; I just need to not do a lot all day long.
Proverbs 21:21 (NLT): Whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find love, righteousness, and honor.
What are you pursuing in this life? Is it righteousness and unfailing love? Or do you just take 'life' one day at a time? Sometimes I think that is what we - as a majority - do. We just go from one day to the next, hoping that it will be a decent day without worry, without stress. I know I do, at times. I think that is why I love the weekends - and days off - I can spend more time in here and focus on God and not on the clock. It is hard, even with getting up so early, to stay focused some mornings when I know I need to start work at 7AM or get to the gym. Let alone go meet my boss for breakfast! Weekends, well, Saturdays I can usually linger in here until 8am - and if I'm not speaking, can stay in here until that time on Sundays. I just don't want to face the real world sometimes and retreat back here. I need to do a mini retreat some Saturday if I can convince hubby to not interrupt. Of course he has to do what I do... but he is in an open area and has the rest of the house to himself. Can I just run away?
Ok - I need to get off here and turn on the work computer and get dressed. Need to clear off the couch (my knitting and crocheting stuff) and make sure things are cleared off. I didn't get the kitchen floor mopped this week so will leave it for them. Need to clear off my bathroom counter - you know how it is - hairbrushes, makeup, etc. Oh well - off and running! At least it's Thursday!
Have a great and productive day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment