Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Writer's Block?

 Here I sit this morning and my mind keeps swirling around ideas to write about - and rejecting them just as fast.  I tried to go back to sleep this morning, but the efforts were futile, and all I did was waste valuable time not reading like I want to.  And of course my time of writing in here is quickly fading as well.  We went to bed about an hour later last night as when hubby got home we sat and talked a bit.  And I was wide awake; which doesn't happen often.

Awakening this morning I didn't want to get up; but I did... and tried to go back to sleep....but couldn't. It may be a very long day today. I'm tired already.  I think I'm ready for the weekend, although Saturday I have Needles of Hope so it won't necessarily be a restful one.  And now that I have the color I am to wear at the upcoming wedding in July, I need to start shopping for dresses.  Wish I could lose about 40 pounds - but as Popeye always said.... "I am what I am"... if I really wanted to work at it... I could and would... but obviously my laziness extends into my 'nah, I'm good' in my sweatpants.

Psalm 73:25-26 (NKJV):  "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

When life seems hard; when things are a struggle all the time, what is it that you hang on to?  What is it that you run to in order to get through those difficult, tough, and unsettling times?  For me, I run to God.  I really have no choice.  He is the only One I know who can bring the peace that I seek during those times.

It is only He who can help me make the right choices.  And even if I don't make the right choice in a quick moment, Jesus will step in and help me get through whatever the consequences of that response brings.  I am lost with Jesus interceding before our Heavenly Father for me.

Did you know that Jesus is your Advocate to our Heavenly Father?  He is!  When we bring our pain and sorrow, the heaviness of our hearts, the worries that we have, when we bring all that to Jesus, He will turn and take them to God and intercede for us and state our case.  And if anyone can make a case before our Father - it's Jesus!  I'm counting on that last intercession He has to do for me!

There is none on earth that I desire besides Jesus.  As I age, I realized more and more that my days are limited.  It's really an odd thought.  I know I'm healthy; other than the usual 'old age' things like cataracts happening.... but still.... one never knows when our time will end.  I still think about the legacy I want to leave.  I still think about the housecleaning I want to get done before I leave.  But not knowing the When of things.... one takes each day as it comes.

And all I need - or want - is Jesus. If I have Jesus, nothing else matters.  With having Jesus, I have everything I want.  My cup is full.

Blessings!


No comments: