Thursday, February 16, 2023

Thoughts going through my mind....

 I don't know what is going on with me this morning.... I am so tired ... I'm thinking my Wednesday pill is doing it this time, although it hasn't done it for awhile.  Yesterday was a busy work day, but still.  I got up, reluctantly, at 4AM this morning and even in trying to read my Bible this morning, the eyes kept shutting.  I just feel exhausted.  Probably because all that exercise I have done in my head all week that has not materialized on the outside of the body.  So here it is nearly 6:30AM and I still haven't done much reading, let alone write in here.  I usually start this around 6AM, if not earlier.  Just not motivated today.

Had lunch with my friend yesterday and it was a good time.  I've got it on my calendar to do this once a month so that we can keep in better touch.  She's still struggling since the loss of her husband last November.  It took her a week to clean out his work shed... I think she said he had 17 different size screw drivers!  And she threw out 5 bags of 'trash' - don't know what all was in that.  Guess she is going to put his tools in a yard sale at her sister's house.  One thing for sure, I don't need to get hubby any.  His tools could rust out before he would use them.  And that's all I'll say about that!

Taking off work early today to get my nails done, although I keep flip flopping about cancelling.  It would be nice to have my nails looking decent for a change.  With not working in the office I haven't been worried about it at all... but I do need to start taking better care of myself.  And no, I'm not thinking about getting my hair done just yet.  Stubbornness?  Maybe.  I hadn't been thinking of getting it done before the check.  Not thinking about it now either. :-)  

I have ten minutes before I need to stop and get dressed, turn the work computer on, and I'm drawing a blank as to what to write.  Even no scriptures come to mind.  What's up with that?  Am I really that tired? I went to bed maybe at 9PM...  I was skimming Instagram, which I generally try not to do, last night and saw all the postings about the revival happening at Asbury University in Kentucky.  It was in it's 8th day of continuous worship and praise.  

Wouldn't it be awesome if revival spread like it did in the early 1900's?  Our country could use a revival, for sure!  So many have turned away from God and all that He has for them.  So many have chosen their own path instead of letting God lead them.  I feel that much of it started in my generation, although there are many of us still worshipping God and following Him.  But for some reason, the generation after mine, and the generations after them, have forsaken God.

Even of my grandchildren who were raised in the church and I truly believed they would remain in Christ, have stepped away from the church, and from God.  They don't even think about Him anymore, and it grieves my heart.  My family needs a revival happening - which means I need to be on my face praying and fasting for them.  

Psalm 42:1-2 (NIV):  "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"

I pray that your heart will begin to thirst for God and to know Him as Lord. Turn your eyes to Jesus, for He alone is the author and perfecter of your faith. He alone is your strength and shield, to Him alone, let your spirit yield. Let Jesus be your heart's desire. May your heart long to worship Him alone.

Blessings!

No comments: