Tuesday, February 14, 2023

It's Valentine's Day...

 but isn't EVERY day supposed to be Valentine's Day? I must admit, in spite of all my complaining and grumbling about hubby, he does try to (most days) make me feel valued.  Shocker?  Well, he does.  If I wanted to be really honest.  He irritates the heck out of me sometimes... but still....

I took yesterday off work - and it felt so good to not be on a schedule.  I was determined I was not going to just sit at home.  I didn't tell hubby until I came out of my room, letting him think that I just decided it.  So I showered and got dressed while he got ready to meet up with his friend for breakfast.  Soon he was gone and I was alone.  What did I get done?

I shredded the pork and poured the BBQ sauce in it and left in crockpot to stay hot.  I washed a load of clothes. I swept and mopped the kitchen floor.  And then I decided that I needed to get out of the house before hubby got back home.  So off I went to Sam's club.  I was going to go to Costco, but they didn't open until 10AM and I wasn't going to wait an hour for them to open.  I went up and down aisles and picked up a few things... other than groceries, I bought a new two tier basket holder to put fruit/veggies in.  Didn't realize how tall it was though... so for now, it is setting on the dining room table; with my cabinets it cannot set there.  I have a thought, and will work on it after hubby leaves for his bible study this morning.

After Sam's club I decided to come back home and unload the groceries, which I did.  Hubby said he just got home and was already on his computer.  I put things away, stirred the BBQ pork, and left again.  This time I dropped off some boxes for a granddaughter who will be moving soon, and then hit a new shopping area that I hadn't been to yet.  I kid you not.  I went to 4 stores and found absolutely nothing I wanted to buy.  By this time I was bored with shopping (after all, I do most of mine online) - and I even went to Barnes and Noble and walked out empty-handed!  I came back home and fixed us BBQ pork sandwiches for dinner.  Oh I had bought us Nutrition One shakes earlier - Sugar Free Butterfinger Meal Replacement Shake.  Oh my goodness, they are so good.  Tastes just like a butterfinger!

We watched the news and then hubby turned the TV off (yay!!).  I finished a book I was currently reading and scrolled through my phone and played my WWF games.  Then it was time for bed.  Hubby must have had a rough day.....he was snoring before I even got there!

So that was my extra day off - and in spite of the fact I got little done, it felt good not having any responsibility.  Oh yeah - I forgot to share.... hubby is always checking the temperature and weather ... so I saw a weather clock while at Sam's Club so I bought it for him and told him it was his Valentine's Day gift.  He then brings me a card.  A nice card.

He just doesn't stop.  Inside the card was a blank check made out to my hairdresser.  When I asked why? He said it was for me to get my hair done; whatever I wanted to have done to it, including the tip.  That would have been very thoughtful had I been mentioning I wanted to get my hair colored, or trimmed... but I had not.  I just haven't done much with my hair lately - i.e., have not been curling it - and my hair is so straight it just hangs there.  Obviously, since it bothers him... he thinks I need to get it done.  He would MUCH prefer I get it cut shorter.  MUCH shorter.  Ok - perhaps I'm reading too much in to the check and the offer to pay for getting my hair done.  He said he wanted to do something different by paying for my haircut.  But I don't plan to get one for awhile yet.  I don't have anything going on... and if my hair isn't bothering me, why do I need to go get it done?  I think I had it cut in what - November or December?  It's only grown out a couple inches!  HAH - could that be it?  It has grown out?  Or is it that my silver had grown out even more?  If I don't care, why should he?  If we go anywhere, I do fix it and make it look nice.  It is a nice gesture.... but I always read into anything about my hair because he comments frequently about it.  Always has, and probably always will.  He prefers short hair.  My rebellion keeps it shoulder length at least. LOL

I'm back to work today and although I cleaned out my messages Saturday morning as I had some things I needed to do, I'm back up to 70+ emails.  Oh well.  Most I can delete as I'm just copied on the majority.  When hubby leaves for his Bible study I'll get another load of my clothes in the washer and perhaps move a chair into another room like I want.  

John 13:34-35 (NKJV):  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as i have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

I wonder if God knew how hard it would be to love others when He created us?  Since He gave us this verse, or rather commandment, I'm sure He did!  Some people are hard to love!  You know that is a true statement.  We can CARE for them... as I say... but LOVING them?  That is a lot harder!  Most of us know people we care about... but not sure if we can honestly say we love them.  BUT, We are given this new commandment that if we are wanting to be like Jesus and follow in His steps, which is what we are supposed to do..... we are to love others the way we want Him to love us.

That's a hard one, sometimes, you think?  Some people we find easy to love and care for... but others?  Not so much.  But we are told to love them.  We need to find ways to get past the barriers we put up because we don't like an attitude, an action, or just the person themselves... and learn to love them.  Somedays we need to just say in our mind every time a thought of them comes up... "I love that person."  It won't be long that you will begin to believe it.

Perhaps we all should try it more often.  Instead of spending precious energy hating or disliking a person... instead tell yourself "I love .............".  I pray favor upon them, and not evil.  You would be surprised how your day will change, and your attitude.  You may still not LIKE their behavior, but you are being obedient to love them as we want Jesus to love us.

Loving others isn't always easy.  You know a lot of my struggles with different ones.  I often have to verbally tell myself I love them.... and it changes everything.  Try it.  Afterall, today is Valentine's day... a day of 'love'.

Blessings!


No comments: