but this morning my mind is totally blank. What's up with that? I should write down those thoughts when I have them so that I will remember the next morning! Yes, it's Wednesday, and yes, I took my 'bone pill'. Done for another week.
This morning I will be stopping my 'quiet time' soon and will be heading to get ready for my breakfast with my boss. It's usually about a 50 minute drive to where we meet so I have time to get a little work done before heading down the road. I enjoy these 'short' two hour meetings with her. We talk about work, we talk about family, we just enjoy visiting together. I just saw her Sunday at the Celebration of Life for her dad, so I don't know how much we will have to talk about.
Hubby was gone until nearly 4PM yesterday - and wouldn't you know it - I had lots of work to get done so didn't have the opportunity to play or anything else! It was a busy and long day. Hopefully, today won't be as much. And no, I didn't get the doors wiped down either. Maybe I'll make a note and do it later.
I may have written about this another time... but I think I'm tired of being a hermit. What do I mean? I'm in this house most days (this week is the exception, for sure) 24x7 and rarely go out. Perhaps it just seems that way to me. Yes, I go visit my neighbors some; I go to the store; we go to church; I meet friends for lunch.... well, it still feels like I'm a hermit. And with that, I THINK I have decided to get rid of my exercise equipment and make myself go to the rec center. We have to pay $$ for it - mandatory payment - for living here. I feel bad for these older women, like Ms. Diane, Ms. Vicky, and Ms. Amy - they have paid for it - but are unable to use it. Anyway, we pay for it - so I need to make myself use it. And if I go, perhaps hubby will go as well. BOTH of us need to exercise... because I don't move much during the day anymore with sitting at my desk all day, I don't feel like doing anything in the evening. It's so much easier to fix dinner (or go out) and then sit on the couch for the rest of the evening. I've gotten so lazy, and I don't want to be.
I want to be able to race my great grandchildren in games and get down on the floor to play with them. I want to be able to get back up. Very important. I think the next time we go to the rec center gym that I will see if they have a personal trainer.. albeit they will probably be only for 'seniors' who need to get a little exercise... I don't want that... I want to build my muscle and strengthen my body. I go to the back room and lift my hand weights occasionally - not near enough - and find the weights that I used to lift freely for several reps.... seem to be much heavier now. Yeah, I've gotten that weak from lack of use. I need to do this....
And, in thinking about all that, I've been thinking about getting a large chair or a love seat and put in that back room (once the exercise equipment is gone) and make that my 'quiet time' room. (Have I written these thoughts down before?) Whenever this room is used for a guest, I always have to take my things and go to the front room anyway... so why not have it in an area that this can really be a bedroom when it needs to be? Also - with starting my quiet time in here, my office is in here, and if I sleep in here when one of us isn't well, this becomes my enclosed cave... I only 'come out' a couple hours a day. I need to get out of this room, get out of this house, and be with other people and meet new people. I need to quit being a hermit and hiding in my shell of 'just don't want to make the effort'. I need to get involved with life.
Sure sounds good, doesn't it. Did you know that one gains energy when they are with others? Just sitting around talking, laughing, can give you energy. I need energy to LIVE... I feel like I am dying on the inside by not 'having a life'. I need to DO something. Now if I was working at the office, things would be a lot different, I'm telling you! I would be taking walks with coworkers, I would be moving and interacting with others and life would be good. But for now, with going on 3 years working from home, and rarely with others (like I said, this week is the exception), I feel like I am weak and dying on the inside. I.want.to.live. But it's up to me. I need to make the choice and I need to follow through. Even if it is just going to the store and walking around, I need to get out of this house! And I am every day for the rest of this week - and that brings joy to my heart!
Trying to think of something to write about that I could elaborate on... and my mind truly is blank. No specific scriptures are coming to mind this morning, which is puzzling. Usually a word or a verse will come to mind that I can write about.... but right now... see, I DO need to get out and live some! I need to be able to share with you what living life is all about!
Oh yeah - hubby's doctor appointment yesterday.... the doctor started off with "the average age for a man to live nowadays is 73.... and hubby is already 12 years past that.... he is healthy, and can live to 100. Which the doctor had already told him... but all the tests he has had done shows that everything is 'normal' and right where the doctor wants it. Surprisingly, hubby hasn't mentioned anything about the doctor commenting he should lose weight..... just saying. But he is healthy, and for that I am grateful to God. It isn't because of anything hubby is doing - no exercise, and he eats frequently whatever he chooses. Salsa and chips are his favorite snack. He does have two specialists he is to meet with over the next month or so, I think. But first, an MRI or CT scan and a bone scan... and if those come out good, then he will be in great shape.
I don't have my physical until September... I have from now until then to get this body in much better shape. I have gotten lazy and let this body go. Need to lose about 40+ pounds... and need to strengthen the body. I need to read Atomic Habits again - or at least the first part of it. Towards the end I got somewhat bored with it, I think, but the beginning of it did encourage me. What's that saying? "If it's to be, it's up to me" - right?
So let's do this - and like another person says.... 'let's get 'er done!'.
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment