Monday, August 9, 2021

Happy Birthday to me!

 I didn't sleep well last night and I'm not sure why.  I know during the day I was really drained and wanted to take a nap, but really didn't think I slept.  But, perhaps I did, and that is why I didn't sleep well.  Either that or hubby's tossing and turning (starting about 11:30PM) woke me and kept me awake, just being able to doze every little bit.  I finally got up at 3:15AM and tried to sleep here in my chair - and I may have, but don't think I did.  

Hubby got up a little after 4AM to bring me my coffee - and he remembered to tell me Happy Birthday.  Again.  LOL  He couldn't wait - although he did ask and I told him I didn't care - he gave me my gifts yesterday from him.  The gifts are a combination of my birthday (today) and our anniversary (Saturday).  He bought way too many items, and I know he means well, but I will be returning a couple items.  He's NOT real ok with that, but did give me the receipt.  They were nice gifts, don't get me wrong, but either too small or I just don't wear them... even though they are my size... they just don't make sizes like they used to (i.e., they don't run true to size) and my bottom half will definitely not fit in those workout pants.  He bought several things, including giving me a gift certificate to get a manicure/pedicure at a place we used to go to.  I may call them today to see if they can work me in Wednesday morning, the start of my 'vacation'.  

Yes, this is going to be a very short work week... if I do much work at all!  Today is my birthday and if I was in the office, I wouldn't get much done at all.  Tomorrow I am to drive to Mesa in the morning to meet up with the 'new executive' to hand off his equipment and my favorite boss is meeting me to take me to lunch!  Consider I lose an hour going and returning for driving time, an hour with the new executive, and at least an hour with my favorite boss.... I won't be working much tomorrow - and my vacation is Wednesday-Thursday-Friday.  

Wednesday not much is planned... hubby has a medical test scheduled in the morning.  That night my daughter and son-in-law are taking us to a Medieval dinner ... should be lots of fun,.... and Thursday late morning we will be heading to the south to visit a granddaughter and her family.  I have the executive suite reserved for us at the hotel so that we can relax.  We'll come back Friday and figure out what to do the rest of the weekend.  Saturday night will be church of course.  I don't want to spend too much since we will be heading to the midwest in September... and I imagine that will take a lot of my savings as I don't expect hubby to put in anything.  If I plan the trip, he expects me to pay for it.... 

I'm actually glad that I woke up early this morning as I have been able to spend more time alone with God.  I'm really trying hard to grasp the quiet and stillness of being in His Presence.  I'm still reading through the book and want to read it a second time for I want to understand it better.  I can usually sit still and stay 'focused' a short while, but after awhile thoughts come to my mind of what I need to be doing, or that I need to get set in place.  I really want to learn to quiet my mind before God and even in the midst of a crowd, be able to quiet and still my heart and mind to be with Jesus.

I received a book yesterday from my little sister.  I think I've mentioned before how we read different types of books at times... she is all in to the end times and what is going to happen (or is happening!)  Me, not so much.  Why am I not seeking what is to happen in the end times?  Because me knowing about it isn't going to change anything!  Do I think we are now in the end times?  Absolutely!  Signs are everywhere that the world as we have known it is going away and trials and tribulations are here now and more to come.  So why am I not searching to find out what is going to happen?  

Because I believe that we are to be ready - whenever that time comes - for Jesus.  I fail and sin every day.  And every day I am praying for forgiveness - for sins I am aware of, and for my omission of sins I don't even know about.  Why?  Because I want to be with Jesus.  I have read numerous articles over the years about hell and about heaven, and I choose Heaven over hell   I hope you do as well.  My position is that I need to make sure I am ready to meet Jesus whenever it happens - and I am to share Him and point others to Him so that they will choose Jesus over this world as well.    It doesn't matter when the world will end... as long as I am in Jesus' Presence.  I must continue to prepare myself (and others) for that time.  I want to be ready when my time comes to meet Jesus face to face.

What about you?  I'm sure most people aren't worried about the 'end times' nor about their soul at this point.  They laugh and say 'yeah, I'm going to hell'... and think it is nothing.  They don't understand the torment they will endure for eternity if that is where they end up.  That is why I continuously bring my children, and siblings, and those I love before God and intercede for their deliverance, for their salvation, for their protection.  Only Jesus can save them, I can't.  But I can pray for them to have their eyes opened to surrender their lives to Jesus and turn to Him for direction, and not choose their own ways.

Where are you at in all this?  Just living day by day and not even thinking about the end times or where you or your loved ones may end up?  Perhaps you need to do some thinking about it.  So you aren't worried about yourself?  Ok, fine.  What about your spouse?  Your children?  Are you leading them in the direction they should walk?  Do you need to reevaluate where your life is heading?  I pray you do.

Proverbs 3:5  (TPT)  "Trust in the Lord completely, and do not rely on your own opinions. With all your heart, rely on him to guide you, and he will lead you in every decision you make."

Most of us know this verse by the KJV.... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."

Which ever version you prefer, the message is the same.  We are to trust in the Lord and don't value our opinions, but let Jesus guide us in all that we do.

Choose Jesus.  Today.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I know I will be texting you in about 10 minutes, but Happy Birthday! I'm respecting the agreed that no calls/texts before 8am....lol...even though I know you are awake....