Sunday, August 15, 2021

It was still a good day.

 We opted out of the gym yesterday and decided all we wanted to do was walk, so hubby walked 1/2 block with me and went one direction and I went on straight the route I wanted to take.  Why?  As I have mentioned before, I take one step to his two, and I have to slow my pace so that we can walk together.  Hubby agreed that we will separate and walk.  We both walked over a mile but I beat him back home.  We had gone to eat breakfast BEFORE taking the walk so my food was wanting to visit again and I decided with the heat/humidity and the walking, well, I would rather be home.  The rest of the day was quiet and we both relaxed and read.  I love to read but don't as much as I would like.  I've been working on Christmas gifts - some times I just need to stop and read.  

We went to church last night @ CCV and really enjoyed the service.  Even hubby says that this is good preaching.  We love how the Bible is preached and how it can be applied to today.  My daughter and son-in-law came too so we ate dinner in the cafe after.  And hubby and I both were good.  We both had salads.  Although I did eat some of the daughter's french fries.  

I mentioned to hubby that Black Bear Diner sent me a free breakfast for my birthday so I think we are going over there this morning to claim it.  We figure about 9AM-ish.  I want to write here, and then read a bit more before getting dressed.  It's nearly 7AM now so have plenty of time for both.  

I woke up at 2:08AM this morning - what is with this 2 AM wake up stuff??  Had a strange dream last night too.  We were some place - not sure where - and sitting with a group of people.  Something happened and someone was hurt, and a man near me jumped up and ran to whomever it was - possibly a small child.  He was heart-broken, and I remember putting my arm on his back to comfort him.  Then we were at a place where we were sitting on bleachers, and when we sat down, he was next to me.  He jumped up, crying, and took off.  Then I awoke.  Have no idea of what that could possibly mean.  You got any ideas?

I do know that when someone is hurting, my heart feels compassion for them and I know that even just sitting with them brings comfort.  Since he was standing, I placed my arm around his back.  Sometimes just knowing someone is there, and cares about what you are going through, is comforting.  Still haven't figured it out - is it something that is going to happen?  Is it something from the past?  Why did I have this dream, specifically of comforting someone?  I'm not always good at that because I'm a crier.  You crying?  Ok, I can cry with you.  My eyes tear up at some of the oddest things.  Get me to read a poem or something heartfelt or meaningful, (like my son's birthday card to me) and the words can barely come out for the tears choking my throat.  But I love the meanings in the card.

Today I was reading in Luke 22 of Peter denying Jesus three times before the rooster crowed.  Do you remember what Jesus had told him in Luke 22:31?  'and the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you return to Me, strengthen your brethren.".

"But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail, and when you return to Me, strengthen your brethren".     Do you catch that?  Do you realize that this statement also applies to you?  You have people praying for you, that your faith should not fail.  And although you may have rejected living for Christ now, you will return, and you will need to strengthen your brethren, your children, your family.  The man is to be the spiritual leader of his home.   Are you praying for your children to live for Jesus? Are you lifting your spouse up in prayer that he or she will be with you in paradise?

Peter denied Jesus 3 times before the rooster crowed.  What is it going to take for you to remember the words of Jesus that He loves you and desires for you to follow Him with your heart, soul, mind and body?  When will you be willing to lay down your will, and pick up His?

Ah- the great question we all face daily.  I must admit that at times I fail... quite frequently, in fact.  Living for Jesus isn't really hard....  unless you let yourself get in the way.  Your own wants and wishes.  I do it, and I'm sure you do too.  But the plus we have is that Jesus doesn't give up on us.  

I John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.  And I am so grateful for His forgiveness of all my sins.  It isn't just some of them, when I confess them, He covers them with His blood that was shed on the cross.  He washes us white as snow.  All we have to do is confess, and ask His forgiveness.  

Let me share a story with you this morning.....

"How long the pastor's prayer is this morning", thought Elvina Hall.  Sitting in the choir loft Elvina's mind turned to our need for salvation and the price that Jesus paid for it. Words began to form themselves. She had to get them down, but she had no paper.  Well, that wasn't entirely true, so she scribbled on the flyleaf of the hymnal, and she wrote:

I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me your all in all".

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Not bad, not bad at all.  After service, she handed the words to her pastor.  Did his face crease into a little smile at the evidence of her 'naughty' behavior?  We may never know.  But we do know that an extraordinary 'coincidence' took place at the Monument Street Methodist Church of Baltimore.  Organist John Grape had recently written a new tune and had given it to the pastor.  The pastor saw that the tune and the poem fit together extremely well.  So he united them, in that way, one of the most beloved hymns of the church came into being.

I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small; child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me your all in all."

(Refrain)  Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I whereby Thy grace to claim; I'll wash my garments white in the blood of Calv'ry's lamb.

And now complete in Him, my robe, His righteousness, close sheltered 'neath His side, I am divinely blest.

Lord, now indeed I find, Thy pow'r, and Thine alone, can change the leper's (leopard's) spots, and melt the heart of stone.

When from my dying bed my ransomed soul shall rise, "Jesus died my soul to save", shall rend the vaulted skies.

And when before the throne I stand in Him complete, I'll lay my trophies down, all down at Jesus' feet.

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

What a gift we have been given.  Jesus Paid it All.

Think about it.

Blessings!

No comments: