I sit here this morning with all kinds of thoughts running through my mind. My devotional for today was about being free from the snare of unforgiveness. As we all know, unforgiveness will keep you out of heaven, for Jesus said if we can't forgive others, neither can our Heavenly Father forgive us. That's a conversation I've had a with a few people over the last couple of weeks. But this morning I was thinking of myself. Where am I in this unforgiveness? I can't think of anyone that I haven't forgiven.... but I can think of some whom I choose to avoid when I can. So, is that unforgiveness because they did something I feel was wrong.... am I holding a grudge.... or is it ok that I choose not to be close to that person? I have siblings that I love dearly but choose to back away from when I don't care for their behavior. It's not that I don't forgive them (nor do they ask for it), but their life and mine are totally different. Just some thoughts swirling in my head this morning as I write this blog. When someone hurts me intentionally or unintentionally, and knows they have hurt me.... but choose to believe they did nothing wrong.... I choose to stay away. Is that wrong? I am courteous when I am around them; I don't necessarily ignore them.... hmmm.
I finally got ahold of my big sister the other day and told her I (we) was coming to visit next month. She actually seemed excited. Her comment was "I guess I need to straighten up my room." Probably because her son still lives with her so she shuts her bedroom door and stays in that room most of the time (according to her). He dooes all the cooking and shopping for her; other than doctor appointments, I don't think she even gets out of the apartment anymore. It's a one-bedroom so there isn't much room; her son sleeps on the couch. I'm glad he is taking care of her, making sure she eats and is there when she falls. I just couldn't live like that if I didn't have to.
We didn't do much yesterday. We did watch our church service and Jentezen Franklin on the computer. Both were great messages. I love one of the songs that our church had during the service. I've searched for the lyrics on google, but because I do not know the name of the song, cannot find it. There is just a portion of the chorus that grabs me.
"If all I have is Jesus, He is all I need..." Some people would not understand why that statement grabs me, but it is a statement in which I truly believe. If I lost everything... and all I had was Jesus... yes, I would be content for He is truly all I need. Do you ever think about that? Do you believe that for yourself? I have a lot of 'things'. I have a house, I have a roof over my head, a good job, the bills are paid... but if I didn't have Jesus, I would have nothing.
But I do have Jesus, and for that I am eternally grateful. Yes, I fail to live as I should sometimes, but I know that I am forgiven and redeemed. I know that nothing in my life matters, but Jesus living in me. I am who I am today becaues of Jesus in me. Yes, I still get 'attitudes'.... but Jesus helps me work through those so that I will be more like Him. "If all I have is Jesus, He is all I need..." is a true statement.
Do you have Jesus?
Another verse of another song was in my mind this morning.... "I'm going to see a victory, I'm going to see a victory, for the battle belongs to You, Lord.... " What battle are you fighting alone, that if you will let go and let Jesus help, it will be victorious? Everything may not end up like we want it to, but I believe that once we turn our problems, our issues, over to Jesus, He will intervene on our behalf.
Want a financial crisis avoided? Give it to Jesus and ask Him what to do. Have a health issue? Ask Jesus to bring healing and wholeness to your body. Need to right a wrong? Ask Jesus to give you courage to do the right thing - even if you are the one wronged. You've heard the saying, "Let go and Let God".... sometimes it is the hardest thing in the world to do, because we think we can solve all our own problems. But, sometimes, we need His help.
Will you let Him help you? All you have to do is ask Him.
Trust Jesus in His faithfulness. Great is His faithfulness. His faithfulness and compassion for us never fails.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment