Today is the day that I drive to Mesa to pick up the computer equipment for my new person starting next month. I have already contacted IT to meet with them and get the laptop updated and put in his name. I did that on Monday, and when I get back home today with the equipment, I am to call them and meet them at a facility not far from me so that they can work on it. I was going to let them do it in Mesa, but 'what if' they didn't get it done before I was ready to head home? There is that possibility. So I asked if I could instead take it to the IT office near me. When I call, I just need to confirm it is where I went last time. I will have another new 'boss' starting probably the end of August, first of September time frame so will need to do this again to get the laptop updated and ready to go. I have that laptop here at home. I'm not real thrilled with two new bosses and then not even able to work in person with them so that I could get to know them, but it is what it is. And know with COVID rising, who knows when that will happen.
Anyway, today I will also meet up with my boss for lunch. She can't get to the office until around noon but I plan to go down around 9:30-10AM to load all the equipment I still have at my desk and bring it home. It will save me another trip down to Mesa if I do that, although I am only expecting these two new bosses. My boss and I plan to go to lunch before I head back home. She lives 15 minutes away from that office so it isn't a long drive for her - for me, even with today's traffic, it will take 50 minutes minimum. And that's ok. I get out of the house - alone - and get to go somewhere.
My boss and I were going to drive to the new office in Phoenix today, but after doing some checking yesterday, we won't be allowed on the floor. Security won't let us up because we haven't moved into that area yet. I suggested to my boss that we wait until time that we can go to the office - and she agreed. She was going to show me where to park, etc. anyway, but I figured it could be a few months and who knows what changes would be made. So we will do lunch and catch up on things. It's always a joy to get to see her and spend time with her. She's been my mentor, my boss, and my friend for over 30 years now.
Who do you have in your life that speaks life into you? Who do you have in your life that you speak life into? We all need someone - that certain someone - who will encourage us and lift us up when we are down and out. I have this friend who helps me through my tough times. I truly believe that God placed her in my life so many years ago that we connected and have remained friends all this time. Even when we were separated by jobs, we would meet once a month and go for a walk and breakfast, just to stay connected. It's not always easy with us living in different cities, but we always reach out to make that connection. It helps we are back working together again - and that she is my boss. Who is that person in your life who is walking that journey with you?
Jesus is always walking with us, there is no doubt of that. But I am talking about someone else whom He has placed in your life to walk with you. I'm not even referring to your spouse. Who is that close friend that you can call when you are hurting, you are lonely, you just need a friend to be there? Who can you name for that person? My mind always goes to this person. She loves me just as I am and is always ready to encourage me.
Proverbs 18:24 (TPT) "Some friendships don't last for long, but there is one loving friend who is joined to your heart closer than any other!"
Take some time and think about who that friend is that is always there for you. Thank God for them. Then think of what type of friend are you to someone else. Are you always there for them, should they call and need someone to talk to? It may be a sibling that you need to walk life with. It may be another friend who needs a friend. Are you that person? Be.The.One.
Life is too short not to have friends who will walk this journey of life. Find one. Be one.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment