Sunday, March 14, 2021

I stayed out of it....

 Well, we did go to that dealership again yesterday and hubby went once again to look at the Malibu he liked.  It needs some paint touch-ups which our son-in-law said he would get fixed for him.  It needs a new windshield but the dealership is going to fix it.  Price was reasonable and within the range of what hubby said "we" could afford for another car.   We go to talk with the salesman and he presents all the numbers and what they can do.  I did want the bumper-to-bumper warranty on the 2015 because in the past it has come in handy.  But other than that, I remained silent and let hubby do the talking (which he liked a lot).  Neither the son-in-law nor I thought he should get another car, but hubby was insistent.  Because hubby's credit score was high enough on its own, although I provided my information on the application, they said it wasn't needed.  How little do they know.   

We go to the finance manager's cubicle and he starts the paperwork.  Hubby is sitting where he can sign papers, I put the son-in-law in the middle so that he could clearly see what hubby was signing (as I know nothing about cars and contracts) and I sat on the end.  I was pretty quiet during the whole thing.  The finance manager gives us a fancy key-ring set that has the company name on it.  Nice.  Hubby can bring car back in and they will put nitrogen in the tires.  Nice.  Someone will call hubby to schedule a couple other things to be done on the car.  Nice.  Then the finance manager turns to me and says....."he is your father?"   I didn't know if he was serious or not.... seconds passed while I pondered what I had just heard.  "no, he isn't my father....he's my husband."  And then I laughed and laughed.  

The finance manager stumbled all over himself and I am loving every minute of it.  Hubby wasn't so pleased.  We got another set of fancy key rings.   We finish up with the finance manager and go to meet the salesman for the delivery of the car.  I got to the salesman first and told him "I like the finance manager!" and proceeded to tell him what was said.  The salesman gets the deadpan look on his face and wide-eyed says, "he isn't your father?"..... and I laughed and laughed.

The salesman proceeded to show hubby all the fancy things the new vehicle has.  It really is a nice car with a lot of the current new gadgets.   He even got his phone synced in to the system and set his radio station.  I didn't get this much attention at the place where I bought mine last year!  I've had to figure out a lot by myself - and some I don't even know how to use yet.  I don't know I need it so why look for it.  So when he was finished showing hubby all these things, the salesman came around and shook the son-in-law's hand and turned to me.  We shook hands, I said thank you, and his eyes crinkle (can't see the smile cause of the mask) and he says, you really want to hug me, don't you!  I laughed and he gave me a hug and said 'bye sis'.  And I laughed and laughed.  Hubby didn't think it as amusing as I did.

I know it is going to take a few rides for him to feel comfortable with the car.  I'm even more anxious with his driving with this car than the other.... it was paid for.  I'm already on him about doubling up the payments if possible to pay it off.  I told him how I have managed to pay off my five year loan in 18 months if I keep paying as I have been.  I put most of my extra money on the car because I want to be without a payment.  I think I have four payments left.  I bought it the end of February 2020.  He's 'talking' about cutting back on some of his eating out with his friends....'I'll eat something at home then just have coffee."  This may last one or two times, but we all know he likes to eat out.  And go places.  And I'm after him to cut back on any extra spending.  Just stop.  We have all we need.

Now that he is happy, it will be harder to get him to quit driving.  I saw more things while we were at the dealership that I felt could be issues.  I will be watching him more closely now and will be all over him about his driving.  He already knows his driving makes me nervous.  I've told him often enough.  He always turns it around that MY driving makes me nervous.  And yet, he will let me drive long distances alone to work, so that he can do the things he likes to do.   The only thing I can do to get him to stop driving is pray.  Yes, pray.  And ask God to intervene to convince Tom he needs to quit driving.  There are times he is perfectly fine.  But it's those other times of defiant confusion that scare me.  I have to lean into and trust God to help in this situation.  Anything I say will cause extreme anger and hatred to be spewed ... he can't go against God, nor against anyone God uses.  He has to make the choice that other peoples lives are more important than his.

Today is Sunday and after watching a couple services on the computer this morning I will need to get to work again on my message for next Sunday.  I've gotten started on two of them..... just couldn't focus the past few days so haven't completed either one.  I must get on it today and get more of it done as I don't like pushing it to the last day, and I go back to work tomorrow.  I got a text last night that a memorial service will happen right after the service and they asked that we help.  I said sure, just let us know what you would like for us to do.  I will pull out my notes/book and review.  The only funeral I have conducted is my older brother's back in 2001.  That was a very hard one, but God got me through it.  I miss my big brother so much.

In many things and in many situations, God wants us to wait.  And yet, waiting is one of the hardest things for anyone to do.  We are in the fast generation who want everything NOW.  We have to have that new car NOW.  We have to have a big house NOW.  We have to take that vacation NOW.  We want to have it all - NOW.  But God says to 'wait'.

Isaiah 41:9-10 - "You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away: Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

I choose to wait on God to supply all I need.  I can wait upon Him who hold time in His hands, to release me to do what He has called me to do.  I know that as I wait, and as I seek Him, He will give me what I need for that moment in time.  I don't have to fear that He has turned his back on me and is leaving me to fall on my own.  He will be beside me and will pick me up and hold me close.  I can wait for what He has for me is much better than what I can ever hope for.  I continue to pray and ask Him to help me get through the battles ahead on this journey.  And I continue to wait to see what He is going to do.

Are you waiting for God to act?  Do not grow weary in waiting.  This is our growing time, learning time.   It is our leaning time.  I choose to lean in to God, and wait for His perfect timing.  I hope you do too, for when we run ahead of God, we always make a mess of things.  Choose to lean.  and Wait.

Blessings!


No comments: