Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Both bosses still gone!

 Another day of both bosses gone from the office.  I chatted with my favorite one early as I got on the computer yesterday.  She was online and we touched base on what our weekend was like.  She and hubby are still back east and they have been out walking the beach although it has been chilly.  I think they are on the New Jersey shore.  The other boss was online later but made no effort to contact me direct but included me in a couple emails she sent out.  Was glad when she got off the computer.  I say that in a nice way.  She is on vacation.  All week.  She is the one who keeps me extremely busy.

My morning wasn't so bad - I did stay on the computer, but managed to juice up some lemons and put in the freezer, cut up some vegetables that my daughter-in-law gave me the other day and put in the refrigerator.  Help hubby with some computer issues he had.  

I'd do a little bit then check my work computer.  I debated on working on the garage in the afternoon.  Just a little bit.  But it didn't happen.  A status report came to my one boss and I was copied of those who have had their yearly reviewed completed - and who hadn't.  I had started and worked on this all last week.  This was an updated report.  The leaders not only need to do the appraisal of that individual and complete the report, the employee must go in to the computer and acknowledge they had this discussion and they have an opportunity to give a comment as to the outcome - exceeds expectations, meets expectations, does not meet expectations.   Unless both pieces are completed, they will remain 'in progress' on this report.  So I have to sort out by leader and send an email to what is still showing 'in progress' and copy their boss.  Same as I did last week.  I'm just sending to those who don't have it done yet.  I got about 1/2 way through the list yesterday afternoon - so will finish it today. Interesting.... my big boss has had the appraisal discussion with at least my other boss (who reports to her) but she hasn't put it in the system yet so my other boss can't go in and comment.  So she remains 'in progress' although it isn't her fault.  AND, all has to be completed by Monday.  AND, my big boss who has to input the information first, is on vacation all week.  I sent her a note yesterday while she was still online that these need to be completed so that her people can acknowledge the discussion.

Time flew by while working on this yesterday so I didn't get anything extra done in the afternoon.  At least I was busy.  Today I'll work on that this morning, and if I'm lucky, can sneak out to the garage and work on a few things there.  Yes, I'm still hoping to get some done - but if not, it will wait until this weekend.  That goal of cleaning out the clutter and getting some space there is still up front and center.  I just have to focus on it and 'get 'er done'.

I had the strangest nightmare last night.  I've tried to put it out of my memory but pieces of it still come back to my mind.  Demons were pulling and pushing me, it was pitch black and I was being smothered and I was screaming "Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!" - I know that at the name of Jesus all demons would flee and I was screaming "Jesus!" calling out Him to rescue me.  And He did.  All of a sudden I was released and free.  I saw Jesus standing in the room, but then I woke up.  At first I was afraid in the darkness, following such a dream.  But I called out to Jesus and knew that I had no need to be afraid for He was with me.   Funny thing is, it wasn't the middle of the night, really.  We had gone to bed about 8:30PM and when I looked at the clock, it was only 11:30PM.  I soon fell back to sleep - and of course have some difficulty staying awake this morning.  In fact, I confess, I did fall back to sleep in here - in the middle of reading one of my devotionals!  

I have had similar dreams I guess in the past.... I have awakened hubby up before in the middle of the night screaming "Jesus!".  He will wake me up and want to make sure that I'm ok before we both go back to sleep.  But last night, I must have remained silent in voice and just screamed in my mind.  He didn't awake, or he just couldn't hear me.  My mouth was completely dry so I must have been also snoring with my mouth open.  I remember that part -about the dry mouth.  Oh yes, I snore.  Hubby constantly reminds me of that - that's how he can tell I'm sleeping, he says.  I know I snore - I often wake myself up snoring.  But many times I know I'm NOT snoring (I don't think) cause my mouth is closed.  Another story, another day.  But it was a horrible dream and I don't want to think about it and hope that I can push it out of my memory.  I have no idea why I had that dream.

I prefer the dreams that I'm doing things that I enjoy.  Many things that I don't - or can't - do anymore.  Fishing on the side of the river.  Taking long walks.  Hiking a mountain or trail.  Being in love and being loved... that comment would take some explanation and I'm not going to give it.   Enjoying life and doing life.  Serving others in ways I enjoy.... loving on my children and grandchildren.  Special trips that were enjoyed.....

So what kind of dreams do you enjoy?  Surely not the demon type like I experienced last night!  Do you ever dream of fun or good times?  Playing with a child or grandchild, perhaps?  Running a marathon?  Playing an instrument?  Spending time with a loved one that creates even more memories?

Memories are important to me.  Very important.  That's why I try to create as many as I can with my children and grandchildren.  I want to continue to live after I die.  I live through the memories they remember.  Whether good or bad, memories live on.  Oh great... I better not get melancholy here.... 

Yesterday was Sheeba's 2nd birthday.  Hubby took her to the dog park and let her run for awhile.  There was a puppy Siberian Husky there this time and Sheeba wore the puppy out, running up and down the fence.  I'm glad it's a large area for the dogs to run.  She came home and plopped down, panting.  She was wore out.  I gave her ice cream yesterday.  When I open the freezer, she is right there, every time.  She wants ice cream.  She doesn't get it often, but she seemed to know she would get it yesterday.  She had been asleep when I went there, but by the time the door was open, she was sitting there waiting.  She's quick!

When you have a bad dream, what do you do?  Do you wake up afraid?  Fearful?  I believe all of us have had the falling off the cliff dream... waking up just before we "land".  That doesn't make me afraid, really.  I ponder what in the world is going on that I would dream that!  This dark dream I had last night, it was different.  Hadn't dreamed that way before.  But one thing I am grateful for - I know to call on the Name of Jesus to get free from the darkness.  He rescues me.

I remember one other time several years ago... I had stayed home from church with a migraine and was laying in bed, dozing.  All of a sudden intense pressure was against me and I was pinned to the bed.  I couldn't move and something was strangling me.  I couldn't open my eyes - and immediately I started crying out the name of Jesus.  I don't know if it was aloud or just in my mind now, but I was screaming the name of Jesus.  All of a sudden the pressure against me released and I got pinched!  YES!  Whatever was pressing up against me, at the name of Jesus, released me, but pinched me!  I think that is why that stays in my mind.

But it is all because of Jesus.  He says He will never leave me nor forsake me.  At the sound of His Name, the Name of Jesus, demons flee.  I'm so thankful that I know Jesus, and He knows me.  That I can call upon His Name to set me free from the things that pin me down, hold me down.  

Do you know Jesus?  He knows all about you, and He's just waiting on you to call on His Name, and He will set you free.  Will you call on Him?

Blessings!


No comments: