Yes, I went to Needles of Hope yesterday. And, yes, I had a nice time. I was going to stop and look at more yarn on the way home - but talked myself out of it - and came straight home. Hubby had text'd me around 11AM and told me to be careful when I came in because he had mopped the floors. He had to let me know he had done something. I just text'd him back that I thought that in two hours, before I got home, they would be dry so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The sad part is that I usually cannot tell when he has mopped the floors because he uses a mop. That's ok, but it is just a wet mop dragged across the floor. I prefer for a good clean to get down on my hands and knees and really clean the floor. That's too much work and he prefer the wet mop approach. I guess I shouldn't complain. He at least gets the top dust. I wonder if he will notice that after I got home I was able to get up that one mark on the floor that the mop won't get because it is in the ridges of the tile? In those type floors you have to use your fingernails and get it out - and I did. I wonder if he will notice that - do I need to bring it to his attention that I did it?
I didn't do much yesterday .... just didn't want to go out in public and kept thinking about texting my middle child to ask him what kind of cookies was it he said was his favorite. I'm pretty sure he has said it is macadamia chocolate chip. Why was I thinking about it? Because I had bought a bag of macadamia nuts for the grandchildren to use (along with chocolate chips) to make cookies - and none used it. Mainly because I gave them cookie packets to work with as it is much easier when I have several over. But two of the grandchildren did make cookies from scratch - two made snickerdoodles, but the rest used the packets. And that's ok. My kitchen isn't as big as the former kitchen.
We will be going to the RV park this morning for me to give the message. Hubby kept mumbling yesterday that he isn't sure about going. Is it because he isn't speaking? Is he really worried? I'm not worried because there is social distancing, and there is no congregating around anywhere. People sit off by themselves and the last time we were there, only 4 people - out of about 30 - did not wear masks - and they were told they needed to wear masks next time. I stay up on the stage until the room is nearly empty so I don't have contact but with a couple people.
I've already gone through the message this morning and timed myself. 20 minutes. Then we have communion today. I'm not sure how they are going to do that. I reckon I will find out when we get there since I have to lead them through it.
So what am I speaking on? I think I mentioned it before - Matthew 13:3-9.... and the verse I am starting with says 'Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds....' There are many different types of seeds that WE plant every day. We know that Jesus talked about seeds ...... not named specifically but we can look at them as seeds of Love, seeds of Hope, and even seeds of Warning.
God loves us so much that He gave He gave His One and Only Son, that whosoever believes in Him, would not perish, but have everlasting life. That is a great love.
Seeds of Hope - have you noticed with this pandemic and presidential election how dark this world has become? I mean, there just feels like there is so much evil being reported, and it is frightening at times. But Jesus is the LIGHT of the world and darkness vanishes before Him. If we turn our eyes towards Jesus, we will have light.
Seeds of Warning - how many times have you wanted to do something, started to do something, and you just had that gut feeling that you SHOULDN'T do something.... anyone? I know I have. Well, that's God, that's not indigestion. Have you been driving down the street and the light goes from green to yellow and you really want to gun it and get through the light...only your gut tells you to slow down and stop and wait? And then perhaps a car goes flying by that could have possibly clipped you had you kept going. Or maybe nothing happens at that time, but maybe you would have caught it at the next light. We never know what God may do to protect us. But those gut feelings are sometimes His warnings to us to stop!
Day 3 of the new year. We aren't starting our fast for this year until January 11th. I always feel it should start on the lst, but this year Free Chapel is starting theirs on January 10th and The Gathering Place on January 11th. Since we are running away next weekend to get away, hubby has already decided we aren't going to start the fast until the 11th. I think I've about eaten all my chocolate - well, still have a few m&ms but I can leave those alone. I think.
I still am not sure what I will fast this year, but am definitely leaning towards the Daniel Fast - but I find it easier if I just say BBCD - that's how I track what I'm eating. B-Beef; B-Bread; C-Chocolate; D-Desserts. Of those four, bread is my hardest. I love bread. I love products made of flour - pancakes, toast, french toast, waffles, gravy, biscuits.... I'm getting hungry just naming these fine products. We don't eat breakfast before we go to church; but once we leave we generally stop somewhere to grab something to eat. I usually not hungry yet, but hubby always is.
I finally told hubby I ordered a weight bench for myself because I don't like using weights at the gym - not comfortable doing so, even though no one is watching. I prefer doing my strength building at home. I could see his mind working on how he could use it as well. Not a biggie. I just don't like when it becomes OURS and he takes it over. He's already talking about 'I hope Bill doesn't quit on me, but will go and workout with me.' I can understand that - it's always nice to have someone to work out with, but now you can barely get close enough to hear each other so what difference does it make. I think he wants the motivation to go. We both need to work out and get rid of some extra flubber that has creeped around our middles. Yep, me too. I'm glad I have dresses that are somewhat loose-flowing cause I wear a dress when I speak and I would be upset if they didn't fit! This is my third time speaking at this RV park... so I'm on dress three. LOL Thank goodness it is cold out and I can wear sweater or jacket too! But my goal is to get this body in a better condition. I can do it. I just need to quit being so lazy. And if hubby will leave me alone with my exercising, I will be just fine. I always seem to quit when he starts telling me how often or how to do them. If I wanted his advice, I would ask for it.
Well, I guess I have rambled on enough. Hope that you have a good Sunday and get mentally prepared for another week.
Blessings!
2 comments:
White chocolate macadamian cookies.... like Subway has. But I'll take chocolate chips ones too!
and I just happen to have white chocolate chips too..... maybe soon... stay tuned. :-) Love you son.
Post a Comment