Today we are running away for a couple days. Not far at all, but someplace where we will not be staring at four walls that have come all too familiar this past year. Not that I mind it so much, but it makes hubby very irritable - even with his getting out and doing whatever he wants to do. We had some points built up at a hotel chain from previous stays, so we will be putting Sheeba in a 'pet resort' and heading across town to just get away. Not that we will be doing much as they are still in 'COVID' mode as well... but at least the scenery will be different. I should have picked another location, but it is just as well we stay close to home.
But first, I must work today so will be working until noon-ish. AND, because one of the directors has hired a new person and needs a laptop that I have stored at my desk, rather than have him go through all my boxes looking for it, which he also does not want to do, I must drive to Mesa to find the laptop he needs and get everything pulled together for him. The plan is for me to meet him at 2PM by my (former) desk.
When that came up, rather than me working until 4PM as was my plan, and then go to the hotel, I had to make plans for the nearly hour long drive to the office. I made the decision that I will quit here at home around 12PM, then pack up the car and hubby will go with me. He plans to take Sheeba to the 'pet resort' after he gets home from the men's study. We will get to the office in time to stop in the cafeteria and grab lunch. I figure that will hold hubby for awhile as I go upstairs and locate the laptop and whatever else I need to do. Oh - and take the laptop, etc. that I have here at home from another employee dropping it off last week.
By 2:30 or so I should be finished at the office, and rather than driving all the way back home - another hour and at this time hour plus drive, we are going straight to the hotel as it is much closer from the office than it is from here. Which means I won't be working this afternoon. But I do need to take my work computer to the office and let it 'reconnect' to the system and get any updates it needs. I'm leery of shutting it off as it takes about 3-4 tries before I can get it to come up again once I take it out of the system and back home. I may have to make another trip on Monday if I can't get it to come back up.
Gas has already started rising.... it was $2.17 the day before.... and yesterday I decided to fill up for the drive today - and it was $2.37 everywhere. As if things are not bad enough, prices will start rising. I have heard so many things about this new administration coming in. None of it has been good, and I must admit I feel a bit anxious about it all. I shouldn't, for God says 'do not be anxious about anything'.... how much of what I have heard is true, I have no idea. One of the latest things I've heard is that the government is going to 'monitor' all those who have COVID, and if you have COVID and are at home, 'they' are going to remove you and put you somewhere .... like a 'COVID Camp' .... but they don't say how long they will leave you there, but will forceably remove you from your home. THAT is scary even to be spoken and concentration camps come to mind. Could they really do that? Is that how this new administration plans to stop the spread of COVID? I truly believe they brought it here to make the current president have more trouble. That party has badgered and blocked him the entire four years of his presidency.
Just think of the things that could have been accomplished if they had let him be president and do what he is to do. Instead this congress and the evil people in it, have done nothing for the people of this nation but because of the hatred for this president, have done everything in their power to make his presidency go away. Things like that make me want to pray hateful things to happen to these people... seriously! But I know that I cannot. I am not their judge, but God is. And I truly believe that God will give them their just reward for what they have done.
UGH -get me off those thoughts! I hear Sheeba at my door; hubby is anxious for the day to get going although it is only 6:11AM. Usually Sheeba is not 'free' from her crate until around 7AM and here he has already released her. I haven't even started to pack yet so probably should stop my rambling and jump in the shower before time to start my day and get my suitcase out.
I must admit I am 'happy' to get away for the weekend and have no plans. I have already told hubby I am NOT taking 'dress up' clothes cause I don't want to go out to a restaurant. I'm content just picking up things at the grocery to snack on or going to a drive-through. I want to be more lazy than usual (in other words, NOT cooking or planning a meal) and I don't want to make decisions on what I want to eat! I plan to take a book and my crocheting. I'm still debating if I take this computer. Probably will not, but you never know what I will decide.
Getting away for a few days does not take away my time with God but it does cause me to start later. Hubby doesn't wake up as early as I do (4AM-ish) so I have to doze off and on until he decides to get up, being in a hotel room. Once the light is on, we'll have the 'room coffee' and then within a short time he is hungry so that means whatever I'm doing we must leave the room and find food. This hotel used to have a really nice breakfast, but I don't think they are doing any breakfasts now - but will find out when we check in. I kind of hope they do have breakfast because I really don't want to have to go 'out'.
UGH. It's now 6;19AM and hubby just interrupted me - again - to tell me he is leaving because he has to get gas. Did I mention the men don't get there for the study until 8AM? Of course they have breakfast together. Third day this week hubby has gone to breakfast with 'someone'. And he's in a prison. Still shaking my head on that comment.
On the bright side.... once I finish up at the office and we head to the hotel, we can 'chill' and do whatever we want. I never did check to see what was open on that side of town. I have gotten out of the habit of doing things so really don't care whether we do or not. I can be content just 'being' . I'm content reading a book (or kindle, which I will take with me), or crocheting and letting my thoughts rummage through my mind.
Reminds me of a word that Paul wrote to the Philippians -
No comments:
Post a Comment