Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Trying to wake up....

 I fell asleep (again) this morning.... only it was during my prayer time.  Ooops.  I finished my reading and had leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes... too lazy to get up out of my comfy chair... and as I was praying.... I fell asleep.  I think I sleep for at least 30 minutes.  The way I look at it, I probably needed it.  I did wake up at 3:30 this morning, but didn't get up at that time, laid there trying to go back to sleep for 1/2 hour but finally got up about 10 til 4.  Now I'm really tired and would like to go to sleep - again - intentionally this time - but I hate giving up MY time.  It'd ok if I fall asleep during work time ... (like that would happen)... but give up some of MY time - naw, I'll do all I can to stay awake.  Well, most times.  I can think of times I have sat on the couch and leaned back to take a nap in the middle of the day.... not often, and not every day... but sometimes..... sometimes from boredom, sometimes just because I'm tired.

Yesterday was a busy/non-busy day.  Work wasn't too bad.  I did have the 2 hour meeting I had to sit in and take minutes.  Other than that, only a few meetings to deal with.  I never got around to doing the lessons I have on time cards.  Am trying to think how I can get out of it today.  I think I am a procrastinator.  UGH  The truth is that I just don't want to do it.  But I have to so I may as well put on my big girl panties and just do it.

My day yesterday was kind of messed up anyway.  My 85 year old neighbor hasn't been feeling well this week.  I found that out when I asked for the decanter I had given her orange juice in last week - so that I could get more oranges and make more juice for us both.  She wasn't moving too well and said she didn't feel good, and was dizzy, weak, and having a hard time breathing.  So I started taking her over dinner so that she would eat, afraid that she wasn't.  I was right.  So yesterday it came to a 'head' and she talked with her doctor who told her to go to the ER for tests.  She couldn't drive, and none of her children are in the state.  I had told her we would make sure she had a way to get there... afterall, we are next door.  So she called yesterday around noonish and asked if I could take her to the ER.  I found out where it was - (positive) - and dropped her off.  She was there all afternoon while they ran all sorts of tests.  Finally about 4:30-ish she called and asked that we come pick her up, which I did.  I thought she really didn't need to go for I had noticed once she started eating she seemed to be doing better, except for her breathing.  Yes, they did a COVID test but she won't get those results for awhile yet.  Yes, I did wipe my car down with disinfecting wipes just in case.  And we both wore masks to and from the hospital.  I hope she will get better now; they did give her some medication for her to inhale to breathe better.  My daughter actually gave me a compliment last night when I was telling her about the day.  She goes "mom, I love that about you.  You are always taking care of the older people who need help."  I know she was referring to Aunt Mae and Aunt Sue.  I do miss the two of them, and now that we are living in this area, I think of them often.

I'm grateful that hubby and I have been somewhat active over the years - although we have slowed down quite a bit this past year.  I'm not even walking now since I don't have my treadmill and I can't hang on to Sheeba.  Although I am thinking of a way I can possibly walk Sheeba.  I had been told by one trainer that she is a 'working dog' and should get a specific type of harness for her - which we did.  If we add something to each side of the harness, it gives her something to carry, which slows her down.  So I'm thinking if I dig out that harness and add a couple books to each side, then perhaps I can keep her from pulling on me so hard.  I'm willing to give it a try because I do miss my walks.  Can't walk in the mornings right now first thing before work cause it is still dark.  But while it is cool, maybe I could take my 'lunch break' that I don't always take and take her for a quick walk.  It would be good for her - and very good for me.  I have been working out with my weights in the mornings, just trying to build my strength up in my upper and lower body.  I'm stubborn enough I don't want to be dependent upon anyone in my old age!

We did get rain yesterday and it was nice that the air cleared out some.  It was late in the day before my sinus headache went away.  Glad that it did, though.  It can really be annoying.  I refuse to let a headache get me down and find that if I keep myself busy I don't notice it as much - until it is pounding so bad to get my attention I can't ignore it... thank God that hasn't happened in a long time.  Hubby tells me all the percentage chances of rain through Tuesday.... like I want to know that.  But I listen.

I'm drawing a blank this morning on what to write and so I may as well get off here and start pulling my day together.  I quit work yesterday at 3:30 so that I could make potato soup - it just sounded good for dinner.  My boss left at 3:30 for an appointment so there wasn't a real reason for me to just sit there.  I wonder what emails I have this morning.

Hope that you have a blessed day - 





No comments: