It DID hurt! Yes, later after I had written the post yesterday I decided to go ahead and get the COVID test done just to confirm I don't have it. Of course hubby has to go get his too. (you can start shaking your head now).... just saying...
I scheduled appointments at Banner Urgent Care to get the covid testing done. After sitting for an hour (and I was smart enough to take my crocheting to do while waiting), we were called back into the room. Both of us. At the same time.
The girl does Tom's vitals first as he is sitting on the bed/bench and I'm leaning up against the wall. Everything is fine for him. Then she asked him if he had had any symptoms. Are you ready for this? "I have somewhat lost my sense of taste." I turned and looked at him - and thank God I had a mask on for the look on my face would have been priceless. "So", she asked, "when did you notice the loss of taste?" He responds 'About two months ago." I am dying, trying to maintain composure.
Then she wants me to get on the bed/bench to take my vitals. BP up which really didn't surprise me as I was out with hubby.... enough said. Do I have any symptoms? None other than this crazy headache which I feel is the barometer pressure form the weather. So since I'm on the bed/bench, she decides to stick that q-tip up my nose first. I about came off the table, I'm telling you! Was not expecting her to push it into my brain - and it hurt! I kept telling myself, Relax, Relax!!
Hubby went next and he 'only winced once he said' and it 'wasn't that bad'. Yeah, well, it was that bad for me! I looked at the girl and told her I must be unique cause it hurt!
We had to wait for the provider to come in (I think so that they can charge for an Urgent Care visit?) so when she comes in, she is VERY concerned about hubby and his loss of taste. Again, he is asked the question, and 'when did you notice this?' and gave the same response 'about two months ago'. I'm totally dying here. I had already told him that they wanted to know if it was related to the covid virus.... so anyway... the providers asks him if he has talked to his doctor about it and he says no. She suggested he talk with his doctor about his loss of taste. Then he says, "well, usually when 'she' cooks (pointing to me) I can taste it, but sometimes it just doesn't taste like I think it should."
So of course we get the 'will know the results in 3-4 days; in the meantime remain quarantined for 10 days from today. If we start showing symptoms, we can go back and be retested if we want to confirm (I am NOT - NO WAY!!) if the test results come back negative and we develop symptoms. OR, we can take tylenol and a DM cough syrup if we need it and just ride it out. Any severity of breathing issues, chest pains, etc., we are to go to the hospital.
I asked hubby when we got in the car 'why did you tell them you lost your sense of taste'? He responded that they didn't ask him if it applied to just this week. He also started complaining about what was he going to do about his men's group tomorrow, Tuesday night, his speaking on Sunday - does quarantine mean he can't do it? I explained yes, if he is truly quarantined, then he must remain home. HOWEVER, with that being said, he has had no contact with our neighbor. My contact has been brief - and I took precautions. I feel we are ok. But, he says, I have been exposed to you! So I look at him and say, 'well, if I don't have it, I think you are ok.' But, told him he has to make that decision on tomorrow morning with the men and going to the church. I'm staying home as a precaution since I had direct contact with Ms. Amy which gave me some exposure.
Ok - you may not think the 'losing the taste' part was funny, but I thought I was going to die becaues I wanted to laugh so badly. The doctor even checked his throat to see if she saw anything. I have no idea what he was thinking. But of course I had to share because I was about to die laughing inside. I'm still shaking my head when I think about it!
But - I feel we are both fine, but I will stick to the quarantine 'just in case' the ride to the hospital and back did start something. And we will know in few days the confirmation of negativity. Interesting... Ms. Amy found out her results in 24 hours. And it will take 3-4 days to get our results. Hospital versus urgent care.
But I am thankful that we both are healthy and that I have no fear of contracting the virus from Ms. Amy. Like I mentioned, we both were cautious, even when we didn't know the cause. Wearing the masks at least alleviated any fear I could have had. But I am enjoying sleeping in the other room. I am so serious - I am sleeping all through the night.... and not being awakened by hubbys tossing and turning. I actually feel like I rested last night and woke up before my alarm went off this morning, and it felt so good to just lay there and 'be still'.
So glad today is Friday. I have a few things I need to get done today- still haven't watched the instructions on doing timecards and really should do that today. I'm grateful for my job. I never thought I would still be working at this time of my life, but it helps me keep some sanity and focus. How do people manage doing nothing once they retire? It's bad enough for one person - but what if two people did it? Talk about a boring life!
Of course hubby is busy doing what he likes to do - going out to eat and meeting up with his friends. They do a 'book study' ever so often, but when it's just one other guy showing up, they don't; they just sit and talk. I tried to explain last week when he said only one (out of two) show up - he needs to continue the lesson because the other person isn't consistent and it makes the study not as important. Either he does the study for just one or just quit doing it. Just my opinion.
Well, I need to get moving I reckon. Hubby is getting ready and will be leaving shortly. I have this morning alone and I'm loving the thought of it. Of course I still have Sheeba, who was acting sick yesterday and didn't eat... but just to be alone with my thoughts and able to work without interruptions and answering questions is nice.
Missed going to my daughter's birthday celebration yesterday, but I would rather miss due to caution than throw caution to the wind and bring something to her.
I'm sure God is going to bring good somehow through all this. I know this is long so won't go into a speel this morning about things going on in my mind. But I will ask you this question.... has God put something on your heart that you would really like to do, but don't do, and feel you can't do, because of skill set, finances or because you don't belong to Him? What would you like to do? What would you wish you had done before? What can you do now?
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment