I should be on the learning center and going through the 20 or so things I have until June 30th to complete. But, here I am, deciding instead to write a few lines here. It is, after all, Monday.
Had an interesting situation happen this morning. Someone I knew at our last company started work here today. I happened to be in the hallway when she came through with a supervisor. I recognized her immediately (shocked though I was at her appearance) but she acted like she didn't know me at first - then she said, yes, I know who you are and said my name. No greeting, no hi, how are you, etc. It was just really weird. We were not the best of friends before, nor do I expect us to be now. She will be in another department so our paths will rarely cross. She used to report to my boss, so her behavior is really strange. But that's ok too.
I love my boss. She took me and another administrative assistant out for a belated admin professional day lunch. Yeah it was just Panera, but that's fine - I didn't have to pay for my lunch! I did have to tell them we had to leave - the admin with us is hourly and has to clock in and out - my boss and I don't. (Yay). So we came back. It was a nice lunch and it is always good to be appreciated.
I haven't had too much to do today, but I do need to get on my learning center stuff. It's mandatory. Everyone has to do it - even my bosses!
It's a nice quiet Monday. Would rather be home doing my knitting. That sounds like more fun. I had a somewhat busy weekend and did not get done the things I wanted to. Well, I should have done, let's put it that way. I had our knitting group Saturday morning, then my daughter and I drove to the new Michaels that opened up this weekend, then to Hobby Lobby - and yes, I bought more yarn - then I took her home. Was home about an hour then left to go get a facial. Then back home. Sunday was church - then hubby wanted to go to Jersey Mikes' for lunch - then home for a few minutes then off to get a massage. By the time I got back home, I only had time to knit. :-) Well, I did get through my clothes and some jewelry for the women's boutique on next Saturday. It was a good day.
Need to get busy. Tonight I'm not sure what I'm going to do... I know what I SHOULD do....
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment