Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What to say.....

After staring at want ads all day yesterday I drew a blank on what to write about - so didn't. I did get my resume out to a couple new company via connections I have. That always helps - I emailed a doctor over the weekend whom I had worked with; her husband works at a place I applied at. She emailed me back today that he didn't work in that area, however, I could use her as a reference and she had called her husband to have them pull my resume. He said he would do what he could to help. Another friend sent my resume to a CMO at a hospital he is close friends to and gave me a glowing recommendation to go with it. I sent him a note back that if I had received that note, I would hire me!

I contacted another friend via Linked In because I couldn't find his email address. Before I left my last job he told me to let him know where I ended up at. He sent me his email address and I sent him my resume. He sent it on to HR.

It's nice to have friends in 'high places' - but even so, they can't always do any more than move the resume on to their HR departments to see if they could find something for me. Thus far I haven't heard from anyone this week. Still waiting on my other doctor friend to call me back.... his HR department had said I would be given an answer one way or another by last Friday.  I emailed him last Thursday evening for an update - but he hasn't responded, nor have I heard from his office.  So, I still wait.

I get an email from a friend who teaches at a nearby school today.  Last Spring I read/listened to children at her school, and she has asked that I come back.  I sent her a note back that I am looking for a job, but for now, I can come in any time during the week.  She will let me know when.  I really did enjoy it and was beginning to learn my way around the campus.   I may be only able to do a couple weeks, or I may be at it for awhile longer.  I should have started a month ago, but really thought that I would already be working.

Tomorrow night is Halloween and although we don't turn our porch light on and pass out candy (thanks to teenagers who get dropped off in this area and stroll through the neighborhood), I do fix up bags of candy for each of our grandchildren.  I gave my youngest son's children their candy a week ago as they were to head back up to St. John.  Wow, what a tragic mess that  has turned out to be.  Tragic in that my son's - and the children's - lives have been turned upside down due to their mother's instability.  She admitted herself to a psych hospital here in Phoenix and my son was left with the children.  He finally got them registered for school near him, and now his life has become totally involved with getting them to school, driving 50 miles one way for himself to get to work, driving back home to get them from school.  He is checking to see if he can work from home for awhile until he can sort out whether he is coming or going.

I expect my middle child's wife to bring the three children by for their treats and for grandma to take pictures.  It has gotten to be a tradition now.  My daughter's children probably are too old to dress up to go out - so will be taking their treats over to them shortly as I need to leave in a few minutes to pick up my granddaughter from school.  Don't get to see them much anymore; with living several miles away and so involved in school and church activities, they don't have time for grandma anymore.  sigh.....

Need to head out the door - don't know of what to write about now anyway - nothing going on.  Stay tuned; perhaps I will have something to share tomorrow.  This morning was grocery shopping and you know nothing happens there!

Blessings!

No comments: