As many of you on the job hunting cycle know, waiting is not fun. I was told by HR last week that the job I interviewed for, I would get an answer by the middle to the end of next week (meaning this week) and I would get an answer either way. Well, this is Friday and I still haven't heard anything as of yet. In fact, hoping to rush the answer a little bit, I took it upon myself to send the person I would report to an email (I had worked for him before so we are business 'friends') and told him I was interested in the position and would like to hear their decision. As of yet I have not received a reply. That could be for any reason; he could be out of town, he could have assigned that task to someone else, he could just be really busy. Either way, I would like to know soon.
I asked God this morning that if this job wasn't for me to receive, that the answer would be no. That if it wasn't one He wanted me to have, the answer would be no. Now why would I do that? Because He knows my heart and my abilities. God knows what I want to do and what I would enjoy. If I get offered this job, because of our current financial situation, I would have to take it. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it or couldn't do the job well. I just need to find any job right now. I dislike very much being put in this situation.
So, I have to depend on God to rout out the jobs He doesn't want me to have. The good part of my looking for a job is that hubby is also looking for a job. For five years he refused to find employment so this is a good thing. Unfortunately, it has also made things difficult for us financially. I have enjoyed my time not working and have been seriously looking for about three months. I just never believed I would have this much difficulty in finding something - but then, sometimes God intervenes and keeps things from happening because He wants me to hold out for the one He wants me to have. Well, as I tell Him, the time is NOW.
So while I wait on that email or that specific phone call, I am continuing to submit applications and resumes to different places. I'm actually thinking of places that I could have fun at - yes, even though being a sales person is hard work, or being a waitress is hard work, I think I would have fun because I love being with people, making new friends. But as I have no idea what God has planned, I will continue to submit applications and resumes with the hopes I won't have to take the first job that comes along.
Today is a cool, beautiful day here in Phoenix. Marley kept wanting me to play rope tag with her so I finally tied it to my chair so that I could type while she played. I think she is enjoying that for she sure is making a mess at my feet with the strings she has chewed off the rope!
I'm meeting one of my friends for lunch today to catch up on things. It has been a few months since we have made contact. There are a few from my old office that I still keep in touch with and try to lunch with on occasion. I chatted with another one briefly last night and he told me that he is praying for me to get this job (he had actually forwarded my resume to this company). These are true friends, who care about m e.
But as I said at the beginning, waiting is not fun. It's been over a week since I had the telephone interview. If I don't hear today..... well, I don't know what that would mean. I'll contact my girlfriend over the weekend for I interviewed at her company the other day. They did tell me it could take two months for them to make a decision! Well, I can't wait two months. But I also don't want to take the first job offered. But I also need a job now.
So, because I know I am starting to ramble and am repeating myself (as my children often tell me), I guess this is all I'm writing today. Perhaps tomorrow I will have news to share.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment