I was to get a response one way or the other yesterday, according to HR, but did not. Makes me think that they made the offer to someone else and they are waiting on their response. Could be. Don't know. Could be the boss was out of town. But, either way, here it is the weekend again and I still have no answers.
So what am I doing this morning? Well, let me tell you about this 'morning'. About 1AM-ish Marley decides she needs to go out. I hear the whining, but hoping she was just having a dream, I paused before jumping out of bed to see. She continued and she got louder. I got up, turned off the alarm, and let her go out. She literally ran for her corner to complete her business. I got her back to bed, and I went back to bed.
Just setlting into the relaxed mode of early sleep when I hear her again. Softly, then louder and louder. I get up again, turn off the alarm and repeat the above process. Again I put her back to bed.
This happens a third time. By now it is around 4AM and I am debating even going back to bed at all. I finally pulled back the covers in the back room and curled up in that bed and tried to catch some sleep. I hear the 'whining' noise again, but realize that - and don't laugh - it is hubby snoring and somehow amongst the in/out push/inhale of air, he has a squeak. I probably do too. Anyway, about 5:30 AM hubby comes into the back room to ask why am I in there. I explained. He told me to go to sleep and he took care of Marley. I finally got up about 6:30 I think. No wonder I don't feel like I slept much last night.
No biggie - it happens to everyone as a parent - whether it is parent of a child or of a dog. I'll catch up on the sleep tonight.
Back to my question of what I am doing this morning - well, same thing I have done nearly every day this week - on the internet looking at jobs. I did find one at another company in which I know a doctor whose husband works there. So, I completed the application then sent my doctor friend an email for her to ask her husband to see if he could pull my application and possibly see if I would be a fit for their company. I've been told more and more often, you have to know someone in order to get somewhere. Lucky for me I have worked with lots of people over the past 26 years and most I still have their emails or know where they are. But still, the job must be a fit or getting it will be a disappointment for all.
And I don't like to be disappointed. I want a job where I will be a viable part of the team. I want my skills and abilities utilized and enhanced. I want to make the best, better. One would think any company would want me. They do, they just don't know it. :-) Actually, at this point the biggest stumbling block is salary. The above job asked if I would take $10-$11 an hour. I honestly said no. I know my skills are worth more than that and although I do not anticipate making as much as I did before in some companies, I know that if they will take a chance on me, they will not be disappointed.
This has been my week for meeting with my doctor friends for lunch. I met with one the other day before my interview at a company nearby. Yesterday I met with another doctor friend just because I wanted to. She reminded me of someone who I might check with for a job. Actually, I had thought of this person already but didn't see any jobs at his company that I felt would pay what I needed. Still, perhaps I will send him an email and ask him if I have any of the skills his company needs and what would he be willing to pay for them.
Kind of like 'you snooze, you lose' on the jobs I am waiting for responses on.
We are having a 'block party' at our church this afternoon in lieu of a Halloween gathering. Hubby and I have both volunteered to help with it - he will be grilling hot dogs and I'm not sure where they plan to put me. I just told them that I'd help wherever I was needed. I hope my boys remember to bring the grandchildren by - one way to work out some energy!
It is another beautiful Saturday in Phoenix. I hope you can enjoy it.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment