Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Still waiting....

I have two companies that people there (yes, friends) want me to come work there.  One is about 23 miles away and my best friend works there along with the doctor who delivered two of my grandchildren, a former CFO I worked with as well as another co-worker and another medical director.  I have applied for three different jobs at this company, none of which I have experience in.  But I can learn and I am willing to learn.  Supposedly HR was to contact me today to set up interviews for all three jobs so that I can do it in one trip.  I haven't heard anything yet.  That's ok, it is very possible something came up.  I can wait another day or two before contacting them.

The other job is closer and in the field for which I have great experience.  I had noted a rejection 'thank you but you don't meet our requirements' in the folder previously and figured that was the end of that.  But then yesterday I received an email to identify my gender and race and something else, I forget. So I did that.  Then I got an email from the CMO that I needed to submit my resume with the application as they didn't get it.  Well, I couldn't add the resume because the company had removed the job posting entirely.  So I attached my resume to the CMO's email and sent it back to him.  Told him I couldn't attach it.  Now I'm waiting to hear back from him.

So I'm still waiting.  I should hear something from someone within the next day or so.  I did send off several resumes to other companies over the weekend.  Haven't heard anything from them.  And, yes, I'm still trusting that God will direct me to the one that He wants me to have.

Today has been an interesting day.  We actually got up early and went to the gym to work out.  I'm going to try to do this every day - get up at 4AM and get to the gym for my workout.  Once I start work my work out times will be limited; I need to get in a routine while I can still take naps in the afternoon if I want to. :-)   Worked out on the elliptical for an hour then we came home and did our quiet time.  After a light breakfast we waited on the youngest son to come over and we met the middle son and all went to lunch at Outback to celebrate the youngest's 38th birthday.   38 years.  Why, I still remember when he was just a baby......

Well, I do!  Born at 9:37AM on October 16, 1974.  7 lb. 15 oz.  19 1/2 inches long.  My smallest baby!  Took awhile for him to grow tall, but he has.  And he is my Army boy.  As a youngster he sure managed to get into a lot of trouble.  I think it was the 4th or 5th grade of school that we were called about him fighting at school on numerous occasions.  Sigh.  I wonder if it was more bullying and he was defending himself.  I remember his 5th grade teacher was a male teacher.  The teacher called and told me that in the previous 4 grades Stuart's teachers had been women who thought Stuart was so cute, and because he was small, he got to sit on their laps during stories.   True or not, I don't know, but seems I was told that.  I was assured by this male teacher it was not going to happen in His class; his first thought, he said, when he heard Stuart was going to be in his class was 'on no!!'.  Yes, he did tell me that!  But I think it all turned out well.

Back in 1979 when we lived about a mile or so from my mama, I received a call from mama asking me where Stuart was.  I told her he was outside playing.  She asked if I was sure.  I thought I was, and went out looking for him.  I couldn't find him.  Come to find out, he had walked through neighborhoods and found his way to grandma's house.  That meant so much to her, and it has become a story told and retold in the family.

I probably could tell story after story about Stuart but will stop for this blog would get too long.  He is my third child, the baby of the family.  Spoiled at times, yes, but all the children were at some point.  Loving and caring, and always giving to the point I could kick his butt if he doesn't quit it.  He would help a buddy out in a heart's beat, although it would be difficult for himself to make up the loss.

Some day I hope he grows up.  I'm sure he will, but at 38..... one can only continue to hope.  Love you son.  Happy 38th birthday.

Take a moment to tell your child you love and care for them.  I just did.

Blessings!

No comments: