Tuesday, May 26, 2026

Working my way through....

 ALL these envelopes that need to be stuffed and mailed!  I did get the all addressed the other day and have been periodically working on stuffing them - and then working on my diamond art project - and then going back to stuffing envelopes.  Keeps me from sitting in one place too long and keeps me active as well.  I will focus on the stuffing this morning and then sort out by zip code.

Today I am to pick up my oldest son from the car dealership.  I think I remember which one, but am not sure of the time - around 7-ish, I think - and will wait for him to call me to come pick him up.  Bringing him back here, he will be bored, I'm sure, until time for his meeting and then he an come in here and shut the world out.  My 'inner room'.  The place where I live the majority of my life anymore.  After that, he and I will be going to lunch - our 'quarterly' lunch together.  Love spending time with him.

Yesterday was a quiet day, other than hubby and I exchanged a few words.  It's probably petty on both sides, but it happens.  We did both go to the gym yesterday - and was it ever packed!  I did have a 9AM gym training with Morgan, which was why we both were there.  But as we were early, I was going to get on the treadmill - and every single treadmill was being used - and nearly all the bikes.  I stood there and looked at them and said 'well, this ain't happening!' and went to the restroom.  I came out a little bit later and two rows of treadmills were open.  Guess there was a class that people were warming up for.  Even the trainers said they had never seen the place so busy as it was yesterday.  But Morgan and I got my training in and hubby worked on his arms before going to sit down and wait on me.  Came home and back on the envelopes!

I did do a 'run' up to see my daughter-in-law yesterday.  I figured she had to work - and I was right.  I text'd her and asked if I could bring up some t-shirts - I had finally cleaned out my closet.  She said yes, so I stopped at Starbucks and got a new 'topical refresher lemonade' drink.... I didn't realize it had those little beads in it - boba or what ever it is.  Didn't know if she liked them, but she did accept the drink.  I thought a little surprise for her at the end of the work day would be nice. I hope she enjoyed it.  Yes, I bought hubby his caramel macchiato - with extra caramel, and I got a protein latte.  Mine was like drinking coffee with milk.  Come to find out - that is all it is - they use some kind of protein milk and coffee to make the latte.  And that was it! But it was good.  And it was good to see my DIL and hand off the t-shirts and a pair of tennis shoes for one of the grandsons I had gotten.  I hope they fit well and that he can wear them.

I meet my boss tomorrow morning for breakfast.  I plan to take all the envelopes with me and maybe she will take charge of mailing them out.  If not, maybe I'll do a run on down to Mesa and drop at the office mail. Maybe. We will talk it through; maybe she will take half of them to mail and I'll have the other half. Will see. Want to get in the mail this week and out of my way.  That work is interfering with my time to do other things. Like I have a life of any sorts.  But I do enjoy my diamond art and reading.

As I sit here and try to think of something to write about.... I keep wanting to share things going on with hubby, but I am trying hard not to say anything 'bad'.... I do enough complaining about him, right?  He is just so clingy - and annoying - moreso than usual. And moody.   Let's just say that 'he had enough of me' yesterday and when I wouldn't watch a second movie with him last night, he stormed off to bed.  I didn't want to watch the first movie!  But I sat there and did watch a movie with him.  But I didn't want to watch a second. So we had a 'discussion' about he is the 'movie addict'; I'm content to sit and read with the TV off.  It didn't go well.  And I'll leave that there.

My little sister has told me that her husband, who has multiple myeloma for ten years now and has been receiving chemo at varying times for all these ten years.... his doctor has moved to Florida, having enough of Indiana weather.  Her husband's care has been transferred to another doctor who has now decided that she wants to do another 'trial' drug on the BIL.  It has something to do with T-cells.  He's been on chemo off and on for ten years.  The previous treatment throws it into 'remission' (so they say, but he still has to get chemo at least once a week),   Anyway - I don't know what is involved with this new treatment of T-cells....but, unfortunately, they had a friend who had another type of cancer, and he was treated with the T-cells - again, it is a trial drug - and the cancer shot to his brain and he got blood clots in his lungs - and he died within a month of receiving the T-cell treatment.  Yes, you can imagine their fear and reluctance.  I told them that they can refuse that trial treatment - and demand to stick with the chemo.  It has worked most of the time.  But it is a decision they have to make.  Scary decision at that.  

I just received 'notice' that my oldest son has left his house, which probably means he is on his way to the car dealership.  Which probably also means I need to put some clothes on and be ready to go pick him up when he calls me.  I took today off work; not for this reason.  I think I mentioned before that my boss was also taking the day off.  I do have work I could do - but hey - I deserve an extra day, right?  Have a 3 day work week isn't bad!

So with that I am going to hush my ramblings and go get dressed.  Hope that you have an amazing day!

Blessings!

No comments: