but did I really 'miss' them? Sigh. I was running late yesterday getting out of the house and trying to get the bags filled at the last minute to take to the bosses - and I neglected to put in a couple cold items.... and when they opened them, I could see their disappointment they didn't get something and I felt guilty. In fact, if we were at the office, I felt guilty enough I would have made it and brought in today! But - it's the thought - not the gift, right? Mental note taken, though, to make a list for each one and check it off before I head out of the house. My fav boss, Sue, gave me a few gifts; her biggie to me is the $$ spent on the Christmas Idea House brunch and getting to go before the public is allowed in. I've offered to pay several times in the past, but she always says that is part of her Christmas to me. My male boss actually gave me a Christmas gift this year besides homemade toffee (which is very good). I got a candle, hand lotion, gingerbread, and something else; can't remember.
At the white elephant exchange - it always amazes me - and makes me NOT want to play the game - that people will put in 'nothing' basically, even though the cost was to be 'around' $20. I always try to bring a nice gift and this year was no exception. In fact, it is so nice that I considered 'stealing' the gift back when it came time for me to select a gift. The woman who got it didn't seem real thrilled. But, she's retiring as of today and plans to travel (her husband passed a few years ago; don't know if she has any kids or not). Several bags were of chocolate, or of Christmas dishtowels (that you can get for about $5). My turn came, and I already made the decision on what I wanted to get. My friend, Chris, last year brought the cast iron pan that I worked so hard to get. This year he brought a large swiss army knife that is very sharp for slicing and cutting things. They all laughed at me when I walked right to it and 'stole' it with comments of 'she is on a mission; she knows what she wants!'. And I did. Now, I did not need a new knife. But I knew it was a good one and I'm pretty sure it cost more than $20 cause I know my friend and his choice of pans and knives. I could be wrong, but anyway, I got the knife and I like it better than getting a dishtowel or chocolate (that I don't need). All in all, it was a good time and the Mexican homemade lunch was delicious - and I brought some tamales home for hubby and I for dinner. I may eat the last one for an early lunch; hubby is going to his breakfast/Bible study this morning. Makes me want to learn how to make them; yet, I know it is a lot of work. I may just have to find it out.
Speaking of baking/cooking, I finally sat down for a little bit last night and looked through one of the cookbooks my sister sent me. I.Love.it. It is Taste of Home's baking cookbook and it has a lot of things in it that I am anxious to try making! Even bread! That's what I didn't get made this year - I was all inspired to bake bread for Christmas gifts - but in my troubled and jumbled mind, never got to it. Maybe after the first of the year I can. After all, I did buy all the equipment I needed, plus I have two bread books already - surely I can't let them go to waste, right? Maybe by next Christmas I will have baking bread perfected.
Today is my last working day until January 2nd. I know it will be somewhat busy, and I still need to extend some meetings. Hopefully I can get my mind-set to focus on that and get it done. And I need to run to the store and pick up lunchmeat for tomorrow's Christmas gathering with my daughter and her family. I actually sat down before I went to bed last night and wrote myself a list of things to get done today. Write thank you notes for what I have already received. Pick up lunchmeat. Make sure I have all the condiments that will be requested. I've already picked up bread for tomorrow. Oh yeah, I need to make potato salad today. Maybe I will do that this morning. But, I need to run to grocery early so that I can beat the Friday crowd buying for Christmas. But then again, where I live, these people are always in the store; what else do they have to do? LOL I'm beginning to feel my work life is the only life I have.
I called my doctor the other day but they said they couldn't get me in until the 16th of January - and that would be a telehealth call. I told them no, that wouldn't work; I need for her to see the bites for herself. They were to send her a note and ask if they needed to work me in. I haven't heard back. I may just see another doctor there; these pin pricks in those bug bites annoy and distract me. It should have completely healed by now, and yet, the bites are still there. I wonder if they could be the result of my extreme exhaustion at times? Didn't start feeling that way until after the bites happened. Just wondering. I've gone to urgent care, dermatologist, and now seeing a medical doctor. Any ideas on who can deal with bug bites and know how to heal them?
Luke 2:1 (NKJV): And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered.
My mama always had this saying.... "well, this too shall pass." and I often wondered where she got it from cause she said it was in the Bible. Well, those things did pass, I admit, but I often wondered, when I saw the above scripture, if that is where she got it. And other times, in the Bible, you will read, "and it came to pass".... so what in the world does that really mean?
I have no clue, other than 'this too shall pass' - and it usually does. Right? Pain may take awhile, but it shall pass. Anger may happen, but it too shall pass. Struggles happen, but they too, in time, pass. Life does pass, doesn't it!
I worked out last night.... Morgan made me do legs. And my legs were hurting from being on my feet most of the day yesterday, and wearing my boot heels. My feet were burning at the toes and sole of my foot. It's been so long since I've worn heels that my feet can't handle them for long. Anyway - we did legs. By the time we got to the leg press (after 3 sets of leg push downs, 3 sets of squats with a 45 pound barbell - and I still ended up pressing 280 pounds with my legs! Actually more than that when you count the weight of the press itself. Yes, by the time I got to that weight I had to push my legs to push it up, but I still got six reps before she quit piling on the weights. We started with 50, then she doubled it, then again, then again... I quit counting how much weight she put on there. I was pushing with all my might! I think even she was impressed. She said I had to press until I couldn't press any more. My legs were shaking! They will be hurting later today!
I 'may' get a surprise visit from my oldest son today.... he is going to be Santa Claus at a facility down the road. A couple years ago he stopped by so I could see his costume.... wonder if he will today. Need to get my running around done before - or plan to do it after lunchtime. Always good to see Santa. And with that - I'm off here - need to get moving and figure out what I'm doing.
Enjoy your day - it's FRIDAY! Doing the Friday dance!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment