Friday, December 27, 2024

I did it!

 I got up and cleaned the bed off after I wrote in here yesterday.  Well, except for the material that I'm working on with quilts, and some 'things' I plan to give when others arrive to celebrate Christmas.  Not doing the chocolate covered cherries nor the summer sausage giveaway this year.... not the ham... I overdid it enough.  I tell you, my brain went to sleep while I was shopping and over-ordered.  I still can't believe what I've purchased. But, oh well. It is what it is.  Hubby has gone to his bible study this morning and I asked him to take a couple things back to Kohls that he bought for me - one that still had the metal tag on it (that I want to keep) and a sweatshirt that was XL and I really do not need another plain sweatshirt.  He bought me two-three of them.  If I was taking them back, I'd probably throw on a couple other things he purchased for me for I am sure I will not be wearing very thick sweat pant and shirt set.... it doesn't get that cold here.  I understand his desire to give me matching things and he just couldn't figure out - even with my list - of what to get me.  He still overbought things.  I just hang them in my closet and say thank you.  Sometimes that is the best thing to do, right?  After all, I do have a box of hoodies and t-shirts that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with.  By mid-summer hubby could probably use new t-shirts - these are plain (except for one or two) so he can work out in them.

I was awakened this morning around 4AM by a large click noise.  I was in a deep sleep and CLICK! and my mind jerked awake.  I listened for a moment then got up and walked around.  It reminded me of the deadbolt lock - when it gets light I may check the front door to make sure it is still locked.  It makes a loud noise when locking or unlocking it.  I'm always careful with it when I sneak out to pick up a delivery, so I know what it sounds like. LOL   No deliveries for over a week now - the drivers must think I died!

I plan to get dressed and head over to the grocery early this morning so that I can buy lunchmeat and chips for lunch tomorrow.  Want to beat the weekend crowd. I like Safeway better for meats, and I may as well pick up hamburger for the garbage I need to fix on Monday.   We had to bump the youngest and his family to 2PM on Monday as hubby remembered he has a dr appointment at 1PM.  My trainer sent me my times for this upcoming week and she at first gave me 4PM Monday but I had to ask to change it; don't think we will be done by then.  Looks like I go Tuesday and Wednesday this coming week.  And that's ok.  I'm off M-T-W this next week - working on Thursday/Friday.  My messages are up to 34 for - only see one that I may need to do something with but will get on the work computer sometime and clear them out. 

Trying to decide whether or not to fix potato salad or a regular salad tomorrow for the lunch.  Will see if I hear from the son before I head to the store.  I know he likes both.

We ate leftovers yesterday - lunchmeat sandwiches for lunch; a hamburger dish I had made earlier in the week for dinner.  I took what I had heard a grandson had done - I put it in a burrito and rolled it up - and you know what?   It was really good!  I would do that again - hubby liked it as well.  We actually ate late for us (about 7PM) because we watched football earlier, trying to see the oldest son at a football game - which wasn't going to happen!  Daggone - the game before it on ESPN went into 6 OTs so it was over an hour before ESPN finally switched it over to the game we wanted (well, we didn't care to see it, but only because the son was there).  We then watched a movie.

What movie?  The Forge.  It is really a very good movie.  No shooting or killings, but a good movie to watch as a family.  Hubby and I both enjoyed it and for me, gave me a lot to think about.  Yes, it is a Kendrick Brothers movie (think Facing the Giants, or Fireproof, or Courageous, or War Room - all awesome movies).  One thing this young man asked himself was....

What is it that I put before God?  You should have seen his face when he realized it was his gaming!  I won't tell you of the anguish he went through as he faced the decision of what to do.  But I get it.  And I have sat and thought about that question.  NOTHING is to come before God.  Not even those we love. For some that could be hard, for especially our grandchildren - or great grandchildren - steal our hearts.  But our hearts should be focused on God first.  Before family. Before possessions. Before TV.  Before activities. Before church.  Yes, I said before church.  God is to be first. #1  Numero Uno.  So where is He in your lineup?  Watch the movie - see what choices were made and why.  

I went to bed with lightning bolts flashing around my left eye last night - and by being awakened suddenly this morning, I had lightning bolts flashing around the right eye.  I'm dealing with a headache at the moment, but at least the lightning bolts are gone. I will take something if it doesn't go away soon - right between the eyes!

Psalm 103:1-2 (NLT):  Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

Oh how often we do forget the good things that the Lord does for us!  He provides for us, even when we don't realize it.  True, we may 'pay' for groceries, but He provided the means to get the money to pay for the groceries. He provided the means the get a vehicle to go to get the groceries.  He provides everything for us - why do we not pause and thank Him for all that He does?  Because we get so caught up in ourselves, what WE do for ourselves - right?  Yeah, I'm guilty as well.  Not pointing fingers, for sure!  I sometimes forget to pause and thank Him for the little things that soon become taken for granted.  I am guessing you take some things for granted too.

How often do you pray and thank God for your spouse?  Yeah, I don't do that often enough.  Yes, even though hubby drives me absolutely crazy, and I often share stories of him doing things in here, I do need to thank God for him more often than I do.  He means well; I am just not as appreciative as I should be. Maybe that is a 'goal' I need to work on in 2025.  Be more appreciative of hubby.  What about you? Do you need to be more appreciative of your spouse?  Your children?

I need to get off here and get busy; want to get to the store before it gets too busy. First of all, need to get dressed; don't think my jammies will keep me warm enough.  Hope you have a good day.

Blessings!

No comments: