It was a beautiful day yesterday to have a party outside. Our great-granddaughter turns 4 - actually today - and her party was yesterday. It was so good to see the oldest son and some of his family. Lots of people there we didn't know - but, then, the party wasn't for us. With a 'jumpy house' and lots of other distractions, I am sure the children had a lot of fun. Adding to the daughter's frustration of getting things ready, the cupcakes she had ordered for the party were messed up - the icing was over all the cupcakes, instead of individually made. I cut the cupcakes apart - and what a waste of good butter-cream icing! They had just poured the icing over it all. But the best part of the desserts My oldest son brought two blueberry delight desserts! I'm not fond of blueberries - and am not sure why - but I did eat a big piece and it was so good. Hubby confessed later he ate TWO pieces of it! He does love blueberries. I think my thing is just rebellion.... he used to push blueberries on me because they are so 'healthy'.... and I seem to rebel at some things he pushes on me. I only guess that is one. I do like fresh blueberries mixed with yogurt.
Anyway - it was a beautiful day and all went well, I think. I helped clean up a little, and then we made our exit. I guess being out in the fresh air made me tired - either that or my old age. Sigh. I think I 'curse' myself more by commenting about being old so frequently. I don't mind the age... I don't want to lose my ability to do things. Anyway - came home and hubby turned on a football game to watch. I sat there for a little bit, crocheting, and then declared I was going to take a nap - even though hubby said it was too late to take a nap (huh? when is it ever too late to take a nap?) so I did it anyway - and slept nearly an hour! 45 minutes anyway. It ended up being a boring evening, although we did watch a movie later. I wanted to do some baking and canning - but I'm out of distilled vinegar so pickles was out; didn't want to bake the bread; couldn't make the jam as I need a couple things for it. I know that hubby doesn't like me out when it is going to be dark so I didn't go to Walmart as I had planned, but will do so this afternoon. Going to the one up north of us is much nicer than the ones southeast of us - it's clean (cause it's newer) and the aisles are wider. I have a list of things I want to pick up to make more items for Christmas. Need to get lace for the great-granddaughter's quilt... I can't work on it until I get that. So that's on the agenda for today.
Sitting here looking at the gifts up against the wall, boxes on the bed, I think I need to do some wrapping today. I've already pulled the wrapping paper out so probably should get these wrapped. I placed a bunch of orders yesterday morning and they will be arriving this week. As I've thought of things, I've tried to go ahead and get. For some, I lucked out and got sale prices. Since the youngest is going up north and will see his oldest and a great-grandson up there, I want to get their gifts pulled together for him to take. Yes, I know, I still have a few weeks. But I like getting things done earlier rather than later. I know I'm 'done' with most of the great-grandchildren as far as shopping. That's a good thing - they were the easiest to buy for.
Psalm 119:105 (NKJV): Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path.
Have you ever gone to the Word to help you figure out what to do about something? To get clear direction on what you are to do? I do it frequently, and this morning was not an exception. As I read my Bible this morning I was searching for some answers and direction for something. And God's Word never changes and if we look correctly, we can find the answer to every question that we have. If you aren't sure to go - there is usually a concordance or index in the back that will direct you to scriptures that will help you. And if that fails, go to the Ten Commandments if you are wondering if you should do something or respond to something. And, in all things, stay in the fear of the Lord... not that you should be afraid of Him, for you shouldn't be afraid of God for He is loving, forgiving and kind (thank you, Lord!) - and He also avenges those who hurt you, (or if you hurt others!) and He also allows punishment, or consequences, of our actions. We need to keep in His Word and learn from it and know how to live. And also how to love those that are unlovable. I think we all have some of those in our lives, unless you live a very restricted life!
Jentezen Franklin has someone else speaking this morning and next Sunday - it's on grief and mourning. I think I will have my friend listen to this. His name is Charles Nieman. I googled him to see who he is. Pastor of a very large church in El Paso. Interested statement he just made. Our churches are filled with frustrated members listening to a frustrated pastor. That could be very true, especially if people are not 'hearing' the Word of the Lord. I don't mean physically 'hearing', but hearing in their heart. Remember, Jesus frequently said "If they have ears, let them hear". Do we hear and walk away? Or do we hear and hide that Word in our hearts and minds with the determination to be whole and complete in following Jesus? I think a lot of us need to work on that. Me included. God's Word is our lamp and as we walk, He lights up our path on which to walk. How are you doing with that? I know I need some work. No one is perfect, except for Jesus.
I love the weekends. I usually get an extra hour in here and don't have to come 'out' until 8AM or so. During the work week, I have to be on the computer by 7AM. I will come out after Jentezen is over and will fix something for breakfast - maybe egg and bacon sandwiches. Hubby will eat whatever I fix. I'm going to try to start moving away (again) from processed foods. Processed foods have preservatives in them that cause arthritis, headaches, neuropathy, and numerous issues, to our bodies. I've done a lot of reading on it, and they say a Mediterranean 'diet' is the best 'diet' to be on - eat lots of fresh vegetables and meat. But we eat that, right? Yeah, but what we do is throw them in a lot of butter or grease. I'm guilty of that as well - except I don't fry foods anymore, I use the air fryer which keeps it out of the grease. (But I still love my mother's fried chicken even if it was fried in grease!) Did you know that Fry's cooks their chicken in an air fryer? One of the cooks there told me that one time. I am pretty sure that KFC isn't - or Church's - or perhaps even Popeye's - their children is soooo good (ok, I love fried chicken!! - but they are fried in grease - they have to be as they are so greasy when you get them! It gets all over our fingers and all over our faces. But, they are so good. And yes, I eat them - but I need to stop. Speaking of, although a lot of people ask for the breast of the chicken, it is so tough and dry sometimes, that hubby has asked that I not cook it. Which is fine with me - except I love tearing it apart after it has been grilled and eat cold as a snack. We eat a lot of thighs and legs for they are tender. And I digress. And I am getting hungry!! No, chicken is not on the 'agenda' for lunch today.
My problem with it? I buy lots of fruit and vegetables - and then we go out to eat cause hubby knows I'm tired (so he says; I think he just wants to eat out) and don't need to cook. He hasn't cooked in years; not sure if he even remembers how. I think he did cook himself a couple eggs a few months ago. Yeah, it's been that long. He always says 'you do it better'. Yeah, I do; I have had a lot of practice!
And with that - I'm going to hush and get off here - different topics to comment about come to mind but will save them for another day. If I can remember them. Watch a message today; listen to the Word of God. It's Sunday - and although 'religion' should be just for Sunday - if you haven't given God a thought all week; give it to Him today.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment