I didn't awake until about 5:30AM this morning - an hour and a half later than usual. And, I woke up with a really bad headache; didn't I hear there was a big storm going to hit 8 states in different ways? I think hubby was talking about it yesterday. The headache was bad enough that although I didn't take anything for it, I did ask God to heal my head, and praise Him, the pain is ebbing away.
Speaking of healing... it hasn't yet. My bug bites. Did I mention yesterday they were 'still there' and occasionally I would get pin pricks? Well, I don't usually go around looking at the inside of my leg, but yesterday I did - and one of the bumps looked like it had a pimple white head on it. And there was about 1/2 inch or so redness around it. After a restless night last night and weird alien thoughts, I wasn't happy about seeing it. I did take a photo of what it looked like and I called my doctor's office. Unfortunately, she nor any of the doctors in her group have any availability until week after next. People are getting in for their year end physicals and other things. I finally told the sweet person who was trying to help me (she even offered to send my doctor a message that I needed to see her and see if she could fit me in) that I would keep an eye on the spot and if it continued to grow, I would go to the ER. My dermatologist had told me to not go to Urgent Care (for something like this) for there is nothing they could do as they don't know how to deal with skin issues. So I do see my dermatologist on Tuesday morning and if I get a chance (which I doubt), I will ask him about this. If the redness continues to grow, I will go to the ER. And yes, I was googling yesterday to see what bug buries itself in skin and lays eggs - for seriously, that is what it has felt like these past six weeks!! Like I'm a human incubator!! I haven't checked this morning. Nor have I told hubby. Could you imagine his (over) reaction? He is so afraid something will happen to me.
I am guessing that today will be a fairly quiet day as it is the day before Thanksgiving. With my male boss working yesterday, I had plenty of work to do. But, I also had the opportunity to get the dressing started for my daughter to take on their trip today. As much as we both love our grandson in New Mexico, we are glad not to be making this long trip cooped up in a car for over 9 hours. I am sure they will make stops, but wanting to get there will stretch out those stops at times and pee breaks won't be that frequent, unless critical - and then you have to find a place to stop. Naw... I'd rather go when we have plenty of time to get there with maybe an overnight stay in the middle somewhere. Just saying. They were to be on the road about an hour and a half ago. Ah - checking Life 360 they are still south of Flagstaff about 45 minutes. At least they are on the road. Lord, please grant travel mercies.
Hmmm between my headache and all my thinking... my BP is up a bit this morning. It's 132/81. I'll wait a few minutes and see if it will come down. I love this tracker I have on my phone. My BP cup is from Hello Heart and through their app on my phone, whenever I take my BP, it will track it on the app. I don't do it every day, but it helps me identify when my stress level is up. I'll take it again in a minute or two and see where it goes. Instructions also say that if you empty your bladder, take a few deep breaths and keep your feet flat on the floor, you will get a more accurate reading. I'll come back to this. Well, that didn't work. It went up to 132/83. Ok, a few more deep breaths. Maybe it's these bug bites and my concern there. It's little things that can raise the BP up, right?
I'm still excited my son and some of his family is coming over for Thanksgiving tomorrow - and even more excited that I get to cook for them. Of course I'm praying the food will all be good!! He and I will touch base sometime today and get a time set up. I did buy an Uzzle game for the 'younger ones' to play while dinner is being prepared. Today I need to clear out the back room where the bags of Christmas decorations are still setting out. Thinking I will set up the card table in there so that they can play games. I'm afraid they will be bored, but that's what happens when you go to an 'older adult's house' - right? At least the food will be good!!
This will be short today - results of my getting up late. Had to cut back on my reading as well this morning. 7AM comes too early when I oversleep and it's a workday. But then, after today, I'm off until next Wednesday! And things going just about each day, I'm afraid. But that's ok too. I need a break from work. Will really only be working one day next week. Monday I'm off because why go back for one day then take off the 2nd day (my biopsy which is nothing), and then work a day, then drive down for a lunch (losing 4 hours total), then another day off to enjoy the Christmas house with my boss. It's going to be a good week. :-) At least for me.
Ah - this is more like it! Since I've sat here, with feet on floor, taking deep breaths and when taking my BP holding my arm.... my BP is down to 120/77 - and my pulse is 59. My trainer can't believe my resting heart rate is so low. She does manage to get it up as high as 130, depending on the exercise I'm doing.
And - with all this nothingness, I need to get off and fire up the work computer as I have two minutes to get online. See what happens when I sleep late?
Have an awesome day -
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment