I did - I almost forgot to type in here this morning. It may be short, though, for I only have about 20 minutes left before I need to start the 'process' of getting ready to go to the RV park. It will be good to see everyone as it has been since March. Most left the park and went to their respective states for the summer. One of our favorite couples won't be back until the first week of December. Looking forward to connecting for meals, games, and just hanging out with them.
Yesterday was a somewhat busy day. I cooked breakfast for hubby and I and then came in here to go through the message again and get it retyped. Finally got that finished. I've gone through it again this morning and I think I'm 'ready' to give it. Later in the afternoon a granddaughter came over and we talked 'bread'. She had brought things to help me get started, but as we read, we realized that instead of using all purpose flour to start, it said in a book I have to use whole wheat flour will work faster. Well, if you know me, you know I prefer 'faster' when it comes to baking. So we opted out of starting a 'starter' for sourdough bread. I did find some other recipes in the book that aren't sourdough and I can make and just use yeast and let it rise. I'm looking forward to trying one of those. Even though I should stop eating so much bread! I.love.bread.! But, I need to practice and make sure I can do it right before I can give for gifts, right? I suggested we wait until after Thanksgiving to start a sourdough starter - it's a bit busy around here already. I know, December will be busy as well, but I have a lot of things going on right now. Can't wait to get started though!
Today is the RV park and then we will grab a quick bite. I still have chili in the refrigerator and we need to eat of it today and put the rest in the freezer. I thought we'd have it last night, but instead I fixed salmon and tater tots for dinner. Hubby will probably want to go out for lunch. And, we have the 3PM showing of 'The Best Christmas Pageant Ever' to go to. Maybe THEN he will eat one more bowl of chili and then I can put it away.
I did get a big task done yesterday. I got the freezer totally defrosted and cleaned out. Our landscaper was here doing our trees and bushes, and I know they don't have much, so I asked him if I could send some food home with him as I was cleaning out my freezer. He said yes - so I filled up a couple bags with food from the freezer. He has a growing young family and it's just hubby and I - and I sometimes over-buy on food. BUT - I did meet my object - I have a shelf cleared off for the turkey when my son brings it over! I saw I had veggies that have been there for awhile. May try to fix them some time this week. I realize I don't have any ground beef, although I do have hamburger patties already cooked and raw. Yeah, I can do an order to the grocery maybe tomorrow and see what I need to refill. Better yet, I need to take a run to Sam's Club and pick up a few things. We don't always eat a lot of meat, but hubby does like a steak every once in awhile. I do have a small pork shoulder in the freezer that I can make BBQ sandwiches out of. I will have to have someone over to help eat it or give to the neighbors. But first, I need BBQ sauce; I'm pretty sure I am out of that. Need to check the pantry again too. Anyway - all this to say - my freezer is clean!! YAY!! Thankful that our landscaper was here so that I could give them food. I asked if it was ok, and he said I would make his wife very happy. Thanks be to God for allowing us to bless them.
Happy to hear my son gets to spend time with his son and his best friend today at the Nascar track. Praying he has strong legs and back; able to move around freely. Safe travels there and back.
Daughter is moving again to another house this week. We still haven't seen the house, but will on Saturday as we will be celebrating a great-granddaughter's 4th birthday. The years are flying by, for sure. I think another granddaughter is coming up with her family and am so excited to get to see them as well.
I Thessalonians 5:18 (NKJV): In all things give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Nothing escapes our Heavenly Father. Not our good, nor our bad. Not our words, nor our actions. Nothing escapes Him. When we curse others, He sees and hears it. When we bless others, He sees and hears it. It doesn't matter what we think - what matters is what He thinks. In all things, we are to give thanks, whether we agree or not.
With saying that I think of those I have prayed for over the years, even my siblings, who have now passed although I prayed fervently for them to live. I was devastated. God didn't give me the answer I wanted. But He is God and I am not. He has also answered prayers, as He has reminded me this past week of others I have prayed for that prayers were answered for them.
He is a good, good Father. Nothing escapes Him. All things are under Him. Do you trust Him? You are either surrendered to Him, or you are surrendered to the devil.
I choose to surrender to God.
Who do you surrender to?
Blessings!
1 comment:
FYI ... I like BBQ sandwiches....
Post a Comment