Thursday, February 8, 2024

God is faithful - always

 My daughter came through her hysterectomy just fine - she was sent home a few hours after.  That still amazes me that it was so quick.  But, modern technology, I guess.  I talked with her briefly last night and told her I'd drop off 'garbage' to her tonight, as that is what she asked for.  After my time at the gym last night I stopped at the store and picked up what I needed.  I'll start on it this afternoon.  Guess what we are having for dinner too!   Grateful for our God who is faithful, always.

Had a great visit and breakfast with my favorite boss yesterday morning.  I guess we left the restaurant about 10AM and headed back to our homes.  It felt so good to be out and talking with people.  Once home I cleared up emails and of course found a couple from this other boss regarding contracts.  Apparently some one had not approved one within the 10 day guideline and it was automatically rejected.  So what does he do?  Sends me a note to resubmit it.  No number. No title. Just a note to resubmit that contact.  I tried to find the contact he could be referring to - but nothing would come up.  He was in a critical meeting yesterday afternoon so didn't want to disturb him, but when I get on the work computer this morning, I will send him a note that he has to give me more information on these contracts f he wants me to work on them.  That's one of the things that drives me nuts - give me the information I need - like the title of the contract, the business owner, the number... these things would help immensely in trying to locate it.  So I didn't get much done in the afternoon.   Was glad to shut it down and head to the gym for my training.

My trainer worked my legs last night and I'm feeling it somewhat this morning.  Also, a bit of delayed soreness in my triceps that he worked on Monday night.  I know I am getting stronger.  I was telling him last night that with the axe throwing thing I have to go to tomorrow, with my strong biceps and triceps now, I should be able to throw that axe pretty good!  LOL  But I still don't want to go.  But it will technically be most of the day off work as I will be away.  I told my favorite boss I will skim messages, but don't plan to work when I get back with only an hour left.

Hubby has got his appointment scheduled with the oral surgeon to have his wisdom tooth pulled on February 29th.  It can run us close to $2K, which we will have to possibly pay.  Depends what they end up doing; low end is $1K, high end is $2K.  Oh well.  It's only money, right?  And this is why I have to continue working.  

My boss and I were discussing retirement for both of us (again) yesterday.  She will be 65 this year and can easily retire, but only part of her is ready to.  She says she wants to get her kitchen remodeled first - and they are having an architect look at the original house plans to see how he can rearrange the kitchen.  She has a huge house on the mountain about an hour's drive away from us.  It is gorgeous.  Last year they redesigned their pool and put heaters in it so that they can use it year round.  This year is the kitchen remodel. She said she may consider retirement after it is done... unless she decides to have something else done. (erase, erase)  sigh....

Matthew 5:43-45 (NIV):  "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'  But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.  He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Now we all think it is easier to pray for those we love, right?  It's easy to pray for our children and siblings, when we love them.  But when we are angry at them, it is a lot harder!  But that is when we need to pray for them.  Not that they would do things our way or what we think they should do, but that they will find Jesus in the midst of it all.  And, even more, perhaps it is to examine ourselves and see if it is US who needs to change.  

God loves each one of us, whether we are His or not.  He sends the rain for those who don't follow Him and for those that do.  He provides for those who don't know Him, just as He does for those of us who do.  But the difference is, sometimes he will use either of us to provide for the other, and in doing so, He is showing His love and compassion for each one of us.  

Our 'job' as followers of Jesus, is to tell others about Him.  If we are at a restaurant and we can tell someone is having a bad day, why not ask them if you can pray for them?  You don't know what the person is going through.  Maybe they need to be home with a sick child but had to come to work.  Maybe they are worried their car will be repossessed and they won't be able to get back home.  Ask how you can pray for them - and do it!  Even more importantly, remind them that Jesus loves them, that He died for them, that He cares for them, right where they are.  You might be the only Jesus they hear about.

Lord know that Jesus isn't shared in families anymore.  There are many people that haven't heard about Jesus - or they have heard His name, but do not know who He is.  I've been so shocked to run across people at the office who don't know who Jesus is.  I'm somewhat mentoring someone now at the office who was not brought up knowing about Jesus and she is learning about Him and is sharing Him with her family.  She frequently tells me about sharing with her husband and his parents and they just look at her.  But she always insists they pray over their meals now and is making a difference in her family.  

A mother's greatest joy is knowing that her children walk with the Lord.   And we mothers keep praying for that very thing.  I know I've shared about Susanna Wesley praying over her 12 children before so won't share again.... but I have faith to believe that some day, all my children will acknowledge Christ as Lord of their lives and will choose to follow Him.   The pull of the world is strong, for sure.  But I believe that Jesus is greater than the one in the world.  

Share Jesus with someone today.  They may not hear of Him unless you do.

Blessings!



No comments: