Thursday, December 28, 2023

It may be a tough day today....

 I woke up around midnight last night and did not get back to sleep until around 3AM, I think it was.  Needless to say, I have been trying all morning (since I got up at 4:30AM) to go back to sleep; keeping one eye on the clock so that I could at least get my reading done and type in here. I have about 15 minutes left before I need to start on the work computer and I want to take a shower yet..... shall see if I postpone the shower until I get signed in and see what's up in messages.

Yesterday was still a slow day with only one boss working.  We chatted a couple times in the morning, but she had a full afternoon with back-to-back meetings so I left her alone.  I started looking for a message to have for the RV Park that I speak at on January 7th.  Need to have title and scripture by this Sunday as I will be contacted for them.  I think I have one but am still processing how I can make it mine.  It's about choices we make with our attitude.  Yeah, a good one for me, huh.  

We ate more leftovers last night for dinner and I am thinking I am going to be throwing away the rest of the pies and cookies.  We have been eating them - which we shouldn't - and they are 5 days old so don't want to give to our neighbors.... need to clear out the refrigerator and get real food in there.  I thought about visiting Ms. Vicky or Ms. Diane last night after dinner... but there is just something about it getting dark so early that it feels like it is so late.  I may try to delay dinner and run to one of their homes right after work.  Or maybe take my 'lunch hour' that I don't take and run over.  It's been almost two weeks since I stopped in to drop off their Christmas gifts of food, but I didn't stay to visit then. 

Hubby got the laundry done yesterday.... I wanted to start taking down the trees but he whined 'leave them up'.  I think it is because he thinks he has to help me - which he doesn't need to for I can do them by myself.  So - I will wait until he goes to his Bible study in the morning (he hasn't left the house this week even to have lunch with his friends - I'm going nuts!!) and start taking things down and see how much I can get put away in between work.  We got a plaque for the wall from an out of state granddaughter - so I found a place to put it - but what we had there (without moving the nail) makes it a few inches too low.  At first hubby argued with me that it was fine.... finally I just walked away and he said if I really wanted it moved up 3 inches, he would do it later.  When we went to bed it was "if you still want it moved up 3 inches I'll do it tomorrow".  Sigh.  Why don't he just let me take the nail out of the wall and move it up where I want it and hammer it in?  Because he wants to feel needed, I know.  But I don't need him for that stuff - he has NEVER wanted to do anything, but has had plenty to say about it all.  And that's why this house is still his house.  I can't move pictures unless it is when he isn't home.  I definitely am not allowed to move the furniture.  Nothing can be changed unless he says it is ok.  So I do it when he's gone.  

We got a wi-fi frameo picture video thing for Christmas.  I asked him for it last night - and he looked confused.  I explained it was to both of us, not to him; he just opened the gift.  Oh, he thought it was his.  So he gave it to me and I attempted to get it set up.  I was having one of my 'silent migraines so was having difficulty reading directions, but figured out part of it and was able to get a few current photos added and sent the code to a few people.  Immediately hubby demands I put photos of BOTH of us in it - meaning it had to be of those of he and I together.  (really?)  I had to search for we don't have many.  He is wanting photos of us taken 10-15-to 40 years ago of us together.  I tried to explain the video was for others to add photos of their families so that we can see them, not so much for our old photos... he is insisting.  I did have a couple taken this year so did add those.  He wants it to be our photos - and I can't get him to understand the purpose of it.  He wears me out.

Matthew 11:28 (NKJV):  "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

Wow, does that scripture hit me this morning!  It's not so much that I 'labor and are heavy-laden', but I am in desperate need of the 'rest' that only Jesus can give.  He doesn't say he will take the labor from us, but that if we give the heaviness that we carry to Him, He will help us with it.

Sometimes that has to do with our attitude.  Think about it.  We can be all grumpy and weary and feel weighted down with just 'stuff', right?  It happens to all of us at times.  Me included.  We feel like we have the weight of the world upon our shoulders.  Many mornings I feel that way, in all honesty.  I just don't know what to do with this life I am living most days.  I'm sure some of you feel that way as well.  But when we pray and ask Jesus to take the heaviness from us, the weariness, He does!  He can change our attitude, the way we look at it, the perspective we have of the situation - and He can give us a lighter heart, a spring in our step, if you will.

I know, for I have experienced His rest many, many times.  Many times throughout the day I will call out 'Lord, help!' when I am struggling with different things - whether attitudes or headaches or sickness or whatever - but when I call out 'Lord, HELP!', I can feel His peace and rest fall upon me.  How do you think most of us get through each and every day?  It's because we call on His name, the name of Jesus, and ask Him to help us in our weakness, in our weariness, to clear our minds, to lift our burdens, and to set us free.  Hallelujah!

Well, my time is flying by since I tried to sleep this morning....but I did get my reading in.  Spent time praying while I was awake last night.... wondered if one of my boys was out and about in the early morning hours.  They are responsible for themselves, but sometimes they need God's help, whether they acknowledge it or not.

Blessings!


2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Wasn't me! I was home by 8pm.

Rev Mom said...

Hmmm well, whoever it was about, they didn't need to be out and about - but glad to hear you were home early.