Friday, December 1, 2023

Play day!

I am so excited cause I get to drive about 50 minutes to meet up with my boss and we are going to the Christmas Ideas house!  I always find things to give to others for Christmas, and I'm hoping this year is the same.  I'm at a loss for many and as much as I hate giving just gift cards and nothing else, that may be what they get.  When you aren't involved in their lives, you don't hear the little comments of 'I like that' or 'I could use something like that'.  Oh well.  At least I'm thinking of them, right?  Two of my girls I don't have anything for either.  Oh well.  I have 24 days left.

After the brunch and shopping at the Christmas house (more details tomorrow), we head back to our office there and will attend the company Christmas party that is to start at 11AM.  I did bake cookies last night to take for my part of the potluck.  And I do have a white elephant gift, so I'm participating.  Really looking forward to seeing friends I haven't seen for a few years.  I even made one friend her gingersnap cookies as she loves those.

Tried a new recipe I saw on facebook last night - I'm not a fan, but hubby says they are good.  You take a box of yellow cake mix, dry, and add 5 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 eggs, beaten, and 2 cups of chocolate chips.  It showed being spread out in a pan, and that did work better, but you need a small baking pan.  I tried on a large and it didn't work - so I made individual cookies, then made a second batch and spread it out - and they turned out much better.  I still didn't care for them, though.  Then I cut up some of my cranberry pumpkin nut bread and added to the other side of the tray.  And, since I was to make cookies for tonight's meeting at church, I made extra gingersnaps and put on the other side for that tray.  It will be a busy, yet fun, day.  Much needed in my life.

My new Christmas tree should arrive today and after I get home, if there is time, I'll get it put up in the back room.   Then just perhaps, I can get some of these other gifts out of here so that I can work on clearing this bed off.  I'm still waiting on a box to arrive that has the final gift for my sister - that is, until she asked me to pick her up a bag of cinnamon rolls to make and bake at the Christmas house today.  Once I can get those two items in the box, they are being shipped out.  I know, it's barely December 1 - but I want to get these out of the way.  I will be sending a couple little things to my big brothers too - I started that a few years ago.  Usually, they get my bread and I may get something else.   I think I ordered dish towels with their initial this year.  Maybe - I changed my mind, I think.  I don't know.  Anyway - will get it sent out some time next week.  They both grumble that I'm not supposed to do anything, but I want to.  We always text on the holiday, but I want to take it a bit further.  

I want you to know that I did get the board minutes completed yesterday and sent off to the boss to approve.  I will need to focus on learning SharePoint and creating it the way my other boss wants it done - and she wants it next week, if at all possible!  It is enough to stress me, but I'm not going to let it.  I know people who work with SharePoint and I'm hoping I can ask them how do I create items on the SharePoint and add/delete things.  It could be interesting.  I have SharePoint on this computer - I could do a lot of things with it, couldn't I?  A good way to track my shopping orders, perhaps?  Of course that would mean I'd need to input the information.  sigh.  Can't it just read my mind?  I'll get started on it next week - the one for work, not the personal one.  I at least have a book to look at and hopefully can get the information I need from it.

And I definitely will need to work on the message that I give on December 10 and December 17 - I have a title and scripture; it is just pulling it all together.  Which will take several hours to do.  In my personal time, it will be a priority, for sure.

Joel 1:3 (NKJV):  "Tell your children about it, Let your children tell their children, and their children another generation."

That verse stood out to me as I started reading in Joel this morning.  That is what I try to do - a lot - is make sure my children know of our heritage, our history, and they can write it down or share it with their children, who will have that information for their children, and their children for yet another generation - providing the Lord doesn't return in that time.  I love hearing about the history of my family.  I don't know much about my dad's side of the family, but I do have the family tree that I believe all my children have a copy of - from my mother's side.  I hope they continue the lineage on down their line.  That would be so cool to pass on to their great great great grandchildren.  

I think I asked my grandmother, my dad's mom whom we called Grandma (mom's mom we called Granny) , what could she tell me about her history.  Surprisingly she couldn't tell much - but I believe she said that her father was a shoe cobbler.  I'm sure I kept her letter so at some point I need to find it and put it with other 'heritage' things.  It is always good to know from where you came.  (Maybe him being a shoe cobbles explains why I like shoes?  Just kidding!)

What about your life, your parents' life, that you would like your grandchildren to know about?  Why not start writing down the things you remember.  Things that you did with your parents or grandparents.  Time is passing by so fast and our memories fade over time.  Some times it is good to remember what was, as that is what makes us who we are today.  Something to think about.

Blessings!



No comments: