Yep - I am going to be heading across the freeway this morning to get to the office. Once again they are telling everyone on the 8th and 9th floors - which is where our people were - to get everything cleaned out because facilities wants to refigure and redo the cubicles on these floors and let other departments take them - after all, we will not be going back to the office; at least not that one. After nearly 3 years of working remote, many employees don't want to go back in to the office - and leaders have found that for the most part, people are more productive by working from home.
Now I don't feel I am more productive by working from home because I have to sit in front of my computer all day. By that I mean that if I was in the office, I would be moving around a lot more, being interactive with people, and would be helping people who were not even in my department. Here, I'm only working with my leaders and a couple who are under them. I don't have anything I do daily - except scheduling meetings. Some days I have a lot, others none. From the way my desk looks you would think I'm really busy. Yeah, I do need to clean it off and straighten it up.
Anyway.... I will be heading down to the office and meeting my boss there. We will be going through at least my boxes that are packed and still sitting at my desk.... I had just thrown things in there, thinking at that time I'd be going back in to the office soon - and since that hasn't happened, nor will happen - I can repark these boxes and throw away some things that I kept in folders. If I haven't needed them in 2 1/2 years or so, there is a great possibility that I will never need them, right? The boxes will go into storage - for what reason, I don't know. If I don't need them, they need to be where other people can take what they need. I am looking forward to getting out of the house for awhile today and doing something productive.
I read the book of Malachi the past few days. It really has some great truth in it, things I wish I had known years ago. He speaks of marriage and how it should be in the Lord's eyes. He speaks of giving back to God - cheerfully - His tithe. I have been so surprised that people will share that they don't tithe - and the reason they don't. I still can't grasp that. The Bible says we should give 10% of what we earn. My mother always tithed when I was growing up. I didn't understand it then, but I remember her doing it. I remember the envelopes in the offering plates. Churches, in hopes of keeping people accountable, began some time ago letting you go online to the church website and give your tithe. Sundays come around and if the plate was passed, you passed it on. Nowadays, because of COVID, the offering plates are not passed, but there are buckets or something in the back that you can drop your tithing in. Not that it is for anyone to know what you are doing (don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing). In Malachi, God tells us....
Malachi 3:8-10 (NKJV): "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, 'In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it."
I know, I've talked about tithing before. God's tithe has always been 10% of our gross income, after all, He lets us keep 90% to do with whatever we want. I am always reminded of the scripture
Proverbs 22:7 (NKJV): "The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."
I have learned over the years exactly what that means. And, if you have even a mortgage, you know what that means. Most times we only apply that to credit cards that we often abuse. (How many things had I bought on a credit card that didn't need to be?) It also can apply to friends or family members. When you loan people money, you are the one they will avoid, until they can pay it back. Our bills, we will throw in a drawer or put on a desk where they aren't in our face, because we don't want to remember we owe them. Ah, much can be said on this subject.... and the subject of tithing... but I'm not that smart to know everything. I just know that when I give to God, He blesses me with things I don't think about. I know that I can never out-give God, so I tithe, and trust Him to provide all that we need. And He has never failed us. I have mentioned some tough times we have gone through - but God always got us through them. We can always trust God to take us THROUGH the fire of whatever is against us.
When fewer people in the office building the cafeteria closed and they put in vending machines for those that remained. I wonder if they have their good coffee, or is it by machine now. Of course by then I may be wanting a soda instead. Can't believe we were drinking 2-3 cups of coffee every morning when we were on vacation.... of course after our quiet time we'd go sit out on the porch and watch the birds and took the time to enjoy the coffee. Wonder if my boss and I will eat lunch out of the vending machine or go somewhere. Oh well, will figure it out once we get together.
In the meantime... until tomorrow and I ramble on again.... have an awesome day....
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment