Friday, June 12, 2026

The word is out...

 Yes, I'm starting this Thursday night before I forget to share.  Remember in today's blog I mentioned about another resignation...??  Well, it is Chuck; President of our division. He sent the email out this afternoon so it is now 'out there' and we can talk about it. I really like Chuck.  Even though I am low on the 'totem pole', if I email Chuck, or text him, he always answers me.  I send him birthday cards, that is how 'close' we are.  So... what I and Sue chatted about yesterday when she told me about it...  I think I shared that Brett was upset he wasn't getting a 'bigger' title than what he had.  He also told me that he had told Chuck he wanted his job, but didn't think Chuck would be retiring for 2-3 years.  Well, Chuck has decided to retire in September this year.  Now mind you, Brett would have had to apply and all that... but the point I'm making, is if God wanted him to have that job..... there might have been a chance if Brett had not decided that he couldn't wait for a new title and tried to force the hand by turning in a 2 week notice. He has no chance now.  But I love what Sue said - "See what happens when you don't wait on God!"

In fact, the notification stated that the new Sr. VP COO is taking over this division in September - and it sounds like there is going to be a lot re-organization.  Sue has been asked to stay through the end of August to ensure transition happens.  How does this affect me?  I have no clue.  I'm going to sit back and see what happens.  I'm 'seeing' lots of wheels turning in the background.  It may never affect me, but if they move Sue's position to a higher level.... they may or may not take me up as well. Not that my title could change...I don't think.  But I'm thinking more that if they consolidate some areas and I'm 'extra', maybe they will offer me early retirement.... and yes, I would take it because they give a compensation package.  That would be the way to go out, right?  Retiring on my own I get nothing.  But it is just my brain going in circles. Doesn't mean any of it will happen for me.  I know one thing.... unless they offer early retirement, I'm going to stay put and see what God has planned for me.  I'm in no hurry and titles can be bought, ya know?  It's never been about the title for me.  This company has been very good to me and I can not complain.

And here it is in the wee hours of Friday morning.  Well, not so much 'wee hours' now as it it 4a.  I was awake just before 3a and got up because I couldn't sleep.  I tried to go back to sleep in here as the room is cooler, and I was in my chair, but no, that wasn't going to work either. After about 30 minutes I decided to go through emails and get to this so that I focus on my reading when I'm done.  Hubby has his bible study this morning and I just need to make sure he is up by 5:30a.  He does plan to go visit our friend afterwards so he may be gone all morning again.

My evening alone last night was nice.  I had gotten from Amazon a bread box that needed to be put together earlier this week. It sat on the cabinet most of the week, with no comment from hubby.  So after he left, I decided to put it together - all by myself! - and I did.  If he had offered, I was going to let him 'do it' - but as I had a little difficulty on some of it as the instructions are all photos, and no words... but I figured it out and it looks good. Then I watched a movie, and finished up a baby blanket.  I was working on my diamond art project when hubby got home.  Got a lot more done on it too.  

I expect another quiet day today for work. I have been getting a few things done, but nothing of any great importance. Yeah, I still need to do the minutes. LOL What is it me and minutes that I just don't like to do them? It won't take me ten minutes.  I will get them done today.  Maybe I'll work on the deck for the July 30 meeting; that's the next one. (Darn, I hear hubby up.... will he stay up or go back to bed?)

Got to work on clearing off this bed today too.  I've gotten several Amazon packages and I need to do reviews so maybe I'll work on those after signing in for work.  That's more fun than doing minutes anyway.

Going to have hotdogs and hamburgers for dinner today at the VFW.  It's the Riders group night meal and I'm all for not having to figure out dinner.  I had a great dinner last night.  Sigh.  Watermelon. Pretzels. Cookies.  I just didn't really want anything so ate junk food.  Oh - I finally tasted the last jar of salsa I had made for my oldest son.  It is really good - and spicy!  I'll have to 'remember' to give it to him when I see him today.  Wasn't sure it would still be good, but it is, and I'm sure he will have it gone in one setting.  Yeah, it's that good. I will have to try it again.

Yeah, today is just ramblings (again), but I'm not pulling anything in to talk about.  

OH YEAH!  I did the HIIT yesterday and it felt so good!  5 exercises, 3 sets each, in 30 minutes - and I was sweating!  (and I come home and by night ate cookies.  Sigh)  We will start building it in my 'routine' for every other week now.  Next week will be legs and core.  Both will leave me in pain.  I was 'feeling it' last night after the HIIT workout.  It's really over all the body.

So now I'll jump off here and start with my reading. Just wanted to get this done since I started it last night.

Have an amazing day!

Blessings!


1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I thought because I woke early today, that I would beat you with a Post, but you cheated and started last night! LOL! Good job on the HIIT!! See you in about 3 hours....