Wednesday, June 10, 2026

and so it was....

 I did get about 6 packages from Amazon yesterday - and did I have fun opening them up!  Hubby was happy; he got a t-shirt. LOL  See, I've learned that as long as I buy him something, he is happy and doesn't care what I buy.  Method to my madness, right? HAH!  Most of what I have is for gifts to others - and will get put in the closet until I decide to give it away.  See, I told you giving away is my 'spiritual gift'. It's something that brings me joy.

Wednesday has finally arrived and my friend and boss, Sue and her husband, are on their way to Aruba for a week.  It will be a quiet week for sure - with Brett gone, Sue gone, I don't have any 'big' bosses.  Well, I am still covering for another EA, so there is her big boss, who is Sue's boss... but I haven't heard from her the last two days, and I hope she remains silent.  I find it interesting that the majority of the female 'bosses' schedule some of their own meetings without bothering me.... but a man will send you the silliest request for a meeting.  And I'll leave that there.  Yeah, I still have my minutes to type so I think I will hit on those today - and work on some other meetings I need to do for 2027 for contracting. Been putting that off too. With nothing pressing to accomplish, if I can get those done, then I can work on my personal growth, right?

I do have training today at 10:30a (can you believe that the new 'rule' at work is to NOT use AM or PM but to just use a or p for that. I still don't understand the 'why' of that rule, but it is what it is.) so when I get my butt up from here and get dressed, I need to dress for the gym.  I haven't worked out since last Thursday - grateful for that, in a way.  Legs last Thursday hurt me through Sunday this time.  My quads and butt were really sore!  Not sure what we will do today; I'm thinking core as tomorrow I will be going back to HIIT, which gets every single part of my body.  Sometimes I think of quitting the trainings ($$) but I know that if I do, I will lose a lot of strength that I have gained and won't get back to the gym.  The training forces me to go - at least twice a week.  And I do enjoy it.

It was another quiet evening at home, and I'm happy about that.  I took off about 2:40p yesterday and took my car down to AAA Repair where they did my oil change.  I was very happy that after they did the 58 pt checkup on my car - there is nothing that needs to be done!  I do need to change an engine filter, but they said it could wait until the next time I come in - in 3000 miles.  Like they think it will be September.  Maybe, because we will be driving up to Overgaard in August, but will see. I just don't go much of anywhere - even though I want to.  

I did get out in the courtyard yesterday morning and straightened it up some.  How did I manage that? I waited until hubby went to the gym for his workout and I was home alone about an hour. That's about the only time I can get things done - is when he's gone. As I've mentioned before.  I love Friday mornings when I can do things without supervision.  Anyway, moved some things to the garage, rearranged a few things.  Still some I want to do... but will wait until the weekend.  Maybe I will pick up a potted plant or two at Walmart this weekend (yes, I'm cheap) to put in a couple of the pots.  Flowers always brighten up the courtyard.  I need to get for the back of the house too... but want to get artificial things back there so I don't have to deal with watering.  But at least the front courtyard looks a bit better and not quite so cluttered.

I got new cushions for a rocking chair yesterday..... I don't really need them. I'm wondering if my oldest son still has the rocking chair I gave him 30+ years ago..... the one my mama gave me.  She gave me two, and I said one was always for our first grandchild, and since he 'produced' the first grandchild, he got it.  I don't really need these cushions as our 2nd chair sits under cover on the 'front porch'.... just thinking.... he can let me know.

Uh Oh!  I forgot!  I started this in my personal computer, intending to start on it here - and totally forgot about it!  I just got reminded that my son beat me this morning in posting!  YIPES!  So, what can I add that I haven't already rambled on about?

Looks like group got cancelled for tonight.  And I bought brownies and cookies and watermelon and grapes for snacks.  Guess what we will be eating? :-)  Been wanting to try one of those brownies anyway (I tried a cookie last night - it's like an 'everything' cookie... coconut, nuts, chocolate, and so yummy)... and shouldn't.  I know - I could run them up to my DIL. Maybe.

One of the packages I received yesterday contains a 'smart ring'.  I'm wondering what size index finger ring my oldest son would wear..... if he would be interested. It measures sleep, heart, and a few other things, I think - but I have an apple watch so don't need it, and hubby has a fitbit.  It does not measure steps.  I suppose he will let me know after he reads this.

AND, since I am working, I need to get off here and back at it. Trying to schedule an urgent meeting and the outside vendor is not cooperating. And they want it this week, as in, before Friday.  Yeah, it may not happen.

Have an AMAZING day!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I know we had the rocking chair when we were on Lupine, and I am sure it is here in one of the rooms still full of boxes from when we moved. Smart ring? I dunno. I had gotten a cheap smart watch from temu, but had problems trying to set it up to my phone so I gave it to Youngest. I notice he doesn't wear it...