Sunday, December 7, 2025

Making very little progress

 Yeah, this room doesn't seem to be shrinking any.  At least not in the last couple of days.  I really wanted to get in here yesterday, but did not. The day started out with my going to Needles of Hope, where I stayed until about 11:30AM.  From there I went to pick up the combo box I had ordered.  After that I wanted to go to the dollar store, but I also had to go to the bathroom, but didn't want to go home first.  So, following my mother's instructions, I stopped at Arby's (although any fast food would do) and used it, then purchased a senior drink and a roast beef slider. Mother always said (per Heloise - some of you may remember that name) that if you stop to use the bathroom at a fast food place, you also need to order something.  I've always stuck by that.  But it was 12:15PM and it seemed one after another came in before I got to the register.  Some ordering 2-4 sandwiches, fries, etc.  And.... as to be expected as one front person must have been new as she kept walking back and forth, occasionally shaking the fries, grabbing one or two to eat (in front of us!!) they got way behind.  One guy ahead of me said he was waiting 30 minutes for his sandwiches - and finally requested a refund after several people got their order who had come in after him.  And he only had two sandwiches and two fries!   I waited 20 minutes for a slider.  Seriously.  I paid for it, so was going to get it. And I enjoyed every bite of it when I finally did get it.  I could see things had gotten out of hand; one person came in as I did, and although he took my order, he ended up going to the back to help make sandwiches because they couldn't keep up.  Moral of this entire rambling story?  Be patient; you don't know what has gone on that you don't see.  Perhaps a person didn't show up - or two!  I got my drink and sandwich and I enjoyed it.  And I headed on to the dollar store.

After getting more wrapping paper at the dollar store (the butcher paper doesn't like my scotch tape) and a few other things, I came on home, although I really needed to do some other things.  Hubby was watching football (of course) and I came in and stared at this room, and decided I really didn't feel like attacking it just yet.  I didn't cook dinner; we both fixed a peanut butter sandwich; I finished up a small bowl of chicken noodle soup.  Not sure what hubby had.  I made some protein bars and put in the refrigerator to set.  I should have started baking, but kept talking myself out of it.  And I know I am going to regret that decision for it is going to hit me Tuesday and Wednesday as I head to Mesa on Thursday for a Christmas party with the Network Department.  I don't have to take a potluck food, but I do need to put together my boss's Christmas gift.  And I want to get Morgan's done for Monday if possible.  She is ready to go into labor any time and I won't see her for awhile if she does.  So I figure I'll take her good gifts to her this week.  Hence the protein bars I made yesterday.  But for most of the day, I was able to be alone and doing something outside - and it felt good.

I worked on a blanket for our newest little one and have about 3 rows to go before I'm finished.  It's larger than I usually make, but it is in place of an afghan, like I made already for her brother.  We watched a movie last night while I did that.

Oh - before that, I get a text from a granddaughter that my daughter had fallen on her hip and fractured her pelvis.  She was in so much pain they called an ambulance for her and she is in the hospital. Today she is to have physical therapy - will have to ask my DIL about that - how can they do PT for someone with a broken pelvis?  Anyway - a surgeon is also supposed to stop in and see her and 'consult' - although they say she probably will not need surgery.  So what do they do for a broken pelvis?  Her butt is nothing but bone anyway - which is probably why it fractured.  Now MY butt has enough cushion on it that it would probably just bruise from bouncing on the ground!  Right?  Anyway - this isn't about me.  The granddaughter stayed in the hospital with her mama last night.  I will call her after church this morning to see if she is still there, and we will head over to see her, if so.

I'm speaking at one of the RV parks this morning so have been going through the message a few times.  I'm still not real comfortable with it, but I just give it over to God and ask Him to take it and use it. That's all I can do, for I can not fix it or deliver it without His help.   

I had asked another granddaughter if she wanted to come over and bake this afternoon, but as usual, she has not 'read' nor responded to my text.  Once we get back home I will call her and ask if she wants to bake today.  Otherwise, will need to find another day.  I have blocked December 21 after church for another granddaughter.  I am thinking all my baking should be done by then.  I hope so, anyway! I want to get my siblings packages in the mail this next week, which means I need to get busy and 'do something'.  I may just order something sent to one or two of them. Yeah, you get little product for what you pay for, but it is the thought, right?  I don't have to send anything; I want to. 

I have two advent puzzles that I'm putting together.  My daughter gave me the first one, and honestly, I don't remember who gave me the second one last year.  I'm sure it was a Christmas gift.  I enjoy puzzles and this one you have about 24 pieces a day in this one section - like 5" square - to put together each of the 24 days before Christmas - with the puzzle being finished on Christmas Eve.  Good thing for I will have to tear it apart on Christmas Eve as the Christmas gatherings start then.  Or, at least that is the plan - or was the plan - before my daughter fell.  She was to go to New Mexico on Thursday next week - and that is now out of the question.  Not sure what is going to happen there.  She's trying to encourage her husband to still go and take the Christmas gifts - whether he will go or not remains to be seen.  Regardless of how behavior comes across at times, in reality, people are scared they will be left alone and on their own and have no clue how to do that.  I know hubby is that way. And you know what I am meaning without saying anything.  You are probably that way as well, in spite of what you say.

And with that, I need to jump off here and get ready for church. We have to leave around 8AM to get to the RV park early enough to greet our friends.  The choir director always makes me sing in the choir even though I'm speaking too.  He's a hoot.  But I love him dearly.  Years ago I did a healing service there and he says I prayed for and anointed him with oil. When he got back home, his kidney cancer had disappeared.  Not from anything I did, for sure, it was all God. But he always tells me how glad he is to see me every time we go. It's like we have a special bond.  I certainly don't claim any 'credit' - it was all God.  I was just being obedient by changing the service to a healing service and praying over people who wanted prayer.  

Hope that you have an amazing day. Be careful; don't go tripping over things!  It's so easy to do - especially in here!  I've got to clear this out!!  It I fell and hurt myself, Christmas would be canceled at our house!

Blessings!


No comments: