I knew I needed to find something for a couple grandsons yet so I went to Amazon before coming here, meaning just to get some ideas - and have spent the last 30 minutes gathering an order together - not just for the boys, but I need stocking stuffers as well. Yes, I have over done it this year - again - but you know what - it's only money, and I love to give, and I want to give, and they are for my family so I don't care what any one thinks. I get one chance a year to try and 'spoil' my family with things they don't want, nor need, but yet, sometimes, just sometimes, they get a kick out of or decide they like it.... and that moment in time is worth it all to me. My family is very precious to me, and I will do all I can to help them realize how loved they are.
Yesterday was a busy in a way. I got the gifts together for my male boss and Sr Director I support and headed to Mesa. The party was fun - food was so-so - and I got a gift from the white elephant gift exchange that I may actually use. I really do not like these white elephant gift exchanges cause a lot of times it feels like people just grab something. Ironically, the big thing that gets passed around - or taken and retaken until it can't anymore - is a Stanley thermos. There were two of them this time floating around. No, With #22, by the time it got to me, what I had seen was nothing I was really interested in. There were two packages left - which one should I choose. I grabbed one that was laying down on its side - and I'm glad I did. It is a cheese board with 3 knives on it (for cutting cheese, spreading a cheeseball, etc) and it has our company name on it. I didn't know it was even in the company store. I love it. I debated on giving it to Brett cause I gave him a cheeseball for Christmas - but I decided no, I wanted it. So I kept it and will get to use it (perhaps) when I make cheeseballs here at home for friends and family. I received a nice bag of 'stuff' from Brett - dark chocolate (of course - what woman doesn't want that?) and shower steamers, a really nice picture frame, some homemade toffee, and I think something else. Obviously he does not know me very well or he would know what things I do enjoy receiving. If you know what I mean. Not that I don't appreciate the gift - I do! And I'll eat the bag of dark chocolate (of course; it's good for me, right?) and oh yeah pistachio chocolate bark or something like that will be good as well. Anyway - Anita, the Sr. Director, said she would get mine to me later. Which is fine - she always does, and it is usually a $25 gift card for Amazon, which makes me very happy. :-) See, she 'gets' me! Birthday and Christmas - always a $25 gift card for Amazon - and I'm happy with that. :-) Am I being hard to please? Surely not!
I left as soon as I could from the party and headed up to the hospital for the day. Got to see my oldest son again who was visiting his sister. The grandson who flew in from NM came over before I left for the party so I could see him, and he had breakfast with grandpa - which I understand ended up being Arby sandwich and fries due to time of day - which made grandpa happy to have him to himself. Anyway - he was at the hospital visiting his mama but soon headed out with the SIL to head back to NM. They made it there by 2-2:30AM this morning, per the 'made it home' text I received. Soon after I arrived at the hospital, everyone left and it was nice to have my daughter to myself for awhile. She did try to sleep some, but her buttons kept going off. Something about needing a new IV line as it was clogged or something. And the daughter kept bending her arm, setting it off. Late afternoon the granddaughter came for her overnight shift of staying with mama. I stayed until about 6:30PM and then headed home. Of course hubby said he only had chips and salsa because he was waiting on me (to fix him dinner). I heated up tamales and that was it.
Oh my goodness. Hubby just came in to tell me bye... he is leaving for his bible study (yay - alone time!) and apologized for not cancelling his bible study and staying home to help me with the great-granddaughter, who won't be arriving until around 9AM I think it is. I told him ABSOLUTELY NOT - do not cancel anything (go! go! LOL) as she will not be any trouble. Yes, I get to watch my great-granddaughter today while her daddy works and her mommy is at the hospital. It's the least I can do while mommy stays with her mommy. Yes, it will be distracting from work, which is why I need to get on the work computer and get started before 7AM. But I'm looking forward to having my great-granddaughter here - how I miss the days when I could have the grandchildren over... they grew up way too fast!
This room is still a mess, but as soon as I get done here, I will be on the work computer getting caught up from yesterday. I will clean off the other desk in here and the great-granddaughter can sit at that desk and do whatever she wants to do. This afternoon my plan is to take off work early and we bake cookies. I'm not sure when she will be picked up - and I remember we were going to go to the VFW for dinner with our oldest son - unless he decides not to go because he feels 'rough'. If he goes, we will meet him there if at all possible. But then I need to run back to the hospital and relieve the granddaughter - it's basically down to us to see after my daughter at this point. She is willing to spend the nights, but I need to go relieve her for a few hours tonight so that she can go home and shower and refresh before coming back for the evening. I had planned to go over at 5pm and stay for awhile, but may need to go around 7pm. Will see how the afternoon plays out.
Hubby is driving to his bible study this morning; and because he is next door to Walmart, plans to go into Walmart to do his Christmas shopping. The positive is that he can park close to Walmart to go meet with his group at the restaurant, and when he comes out, the car will be close. From there he has his monthly Lupron shot and won't be home until around noon. Then he has his hearing aid check up at 2PM. With the great-granddaughter here, and working, I'm sure I'll be kept busy.
And with that - you know how my day is going to be - and I need to get off here and get on the work computer so that I can take off early (hopefully) and clear off a space in here for another person - albeit a little person! This room is such a mess! At least I can shut the door to keep others from seeing it!
Sorry I'm spilling out my life in here - but 'it is what it is' - when something is on your mind - you just 'spit' it out - right? Gotta go!
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment