Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Running short on time

 Yeah, I slept in until 5:30AM this morning (again) and just finished my reading, prayers, and skimming emails and my son's blog.... and here I am, with about 20 minutes to think of something to write about.  Oh - you thought I gave these a great deal of thought?  LOL  Sometimes I do. Sometimes I will write down things I want to share so that I will remember.  But, this morning, not much.  We really hadn't stayed up that much later than usual last night - possibly 9:30PM, but I slept sound and when I awoke at 4AM, I told myself 'naw, turn over and go back to sleep' - and I did.  It is what it is, right?

Hubby got up shortly after I did and brought my coffee and then took the recycle things out to the curb for pickup.  I made sure everything was ready last night so that all he has to do is carry it out.  They will be by within the hour, as a rule.  It was getting really cluttered in that corner of the garage as they only come twice a month - 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, and if we forget a Wednesday, it continues to pile up.  My Amazon boxes, of course. LOL Oh, and I had Sam's Club deliver some things last week.  Yeah, we had boxes.

Was able to knock off another training module yesterday and have only one left.  YAY, ME!  This one says it will take an hour.  I can hardly wait. But, I will be done and my name won't be on any delinquent list!

You won't believe this.  The other night, Monday, as we were leaving the gym and heading to hubby's car (he doesn't always drive, but he did Monday night), something caught my eye about his license plate.  I stood there staring at it, pondering.  Hubby got irritated at me for not getting in the car, and finally I commented, "you didn't renew your license plate."  Of course he was confused as to what I was referring to.  Then I pointed to the sticker that said 'March 24'.  OOPS.  And 'I didn't get the notice' is what came out of his mouth.  And that is probably true.  They don't mail them out much anymore, but send via the email on file.  And, of course it was probably his JUNO email address, that he hasn't used in two years and can not even get in to anymore, that it went to.  But think about it.  I pulled his registration out of the glove compartment (have you ever wondered why it is called that?  My guess is that people used to put their gloves in it for storage?), and the last time he sent in payment was 2023.  Yep.  That's what it had the expired March '24 sticker.  Which means he has been driving a year on expired plates.  Talk about being lucky!  I pulled it up on the computer and of course he needed an emission check.  He went to get it done first thing yesterday morning, and before he got home, I had already gone in and paid for the license plate.  $56 in penalties for not paying on time, but the fees and I think his plate was only $70 this time.  It thought briefly about doing two years, but I'm hoping he will give up the car within this next year, so decided on just one year.  All he could say was 'I didn't get the notice'.  I told him to make a note on his calendar that every March 1 to go online and register - it's due on March 15th but that way he'll get it done in time.  Glad I noticed it - but then, it took me over a year to catch it too!

This year is already spinning by, don't you think?  Easter is almost here already.  We'll be leaving after lunch at the daughter's to head to Tucson. I still need to sit down and plan out our trip as well as contacting the granddaughter to see when they will be available.  It's during the week and I definitely do not want to disrupt their schedules.  Even if we only see them once, that is fine.  Get me some cuddle time with the little ones, and my granddaughter.  I ended up taking the entire week off, instead of working that Wednesday.  Yes, that Wednesday is 'Administrative Professional Day', but I don't need another huge bouquet of flowers, especially when I won't be home.  Plus my male boss is going on PTO Wed-Fri that week and my favorite boss I have talked into taking that Thur-Fri off.  Whoever covers for me won't have much to do at all with the other two people I support.  And that's ok.  I'm just thinking of MY time off and I'm hoping to be able to relax more.  Get a lot of reading done. Spend a lot of time with God. And spending what time I can with my granddaughter and her little family.

And, I'm down to five minutes before work and the computer is on already.  Once I sign in and make sure all is well, I need to jump in the shower. I will not only feel better, but smell better too, I imagine. 

Psalm 118:24 (NIV):  The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice and be glad.

Ah - what has the Lord done this very day?  Stop and look around you!  Be thankful.  Look at the trees and their beautiful green leaves.  Look at the flowers that are blooming.  Breathe in the air around you.  The Lord has done it all this very day.  He has done it for you.  I look out my window and I see two of my rose bushes that are full of buds or roses.  One has about six roses opened up on it, the other only two.  I miss my rose bushes from my other house, but if I nurture these, they will also grow.  

And I need to get off here and get focused on work.  Don't think it will be too busy, unless the male boss decides to assign me numerous tasks, as he does at times.  

Have an awesomely beautiful day!

Blessings!

No comments: