Saturday, April 26, 2025

And.... it's Saturday all over again

 We slept late this morning.  We also stayed up a bit later last night watching movies.  Rather, I did. Hubby fell asleep in the second one.  No biggie. We've seen them before.  Although I woke up a time or two, and I'm sure hubby did as well, we both stayed in bed and slept until almost 6AM this morning!  I can't remember staying in bed that long!  I'm on my - technically - 3rd cup of coffee this morning.  Hubby made a pot.  And it's only 8AM.  I've done some reading this morning, thought I'd get this written before moving on with the day.

'We' did a thing yesterday.  The SIL and daughter came over yesterday and trimmed back our lemon tree, and a few other things, and also power-washed the courtyard.  Hubby and I went to Lowe's.  Maybe we should have stayed home?  The patio conversation sets that I saw online had to be ordered online, so we walked around at the large display they had of patio furniture and decided on a nice 5 piece conversation set.  What is a conversation set?  Chairs only, no table to set around with an umbrella in the center of it. It just clutters our small courtyard.  So I came up with this amazing idea of the conversation set.  We have a love seat, and two chairs, and a small table to put in the middle.  AND, I wanted one of those huge side umbrellas.  Yep - spent way too much money.  But I got what I wanted.  Not so much in the color I wanted, but all is in beige.  The SIL will pick it up today and store it at their house until we get the courtyard painted again.  Although I am thinking about putting an indoor/outdoor rug down under the furniture.... that may come at a later date.  For now, just the furniture and umbrella.  Wishing we had it this morning for I would get dressed and go sit outside and read.  In time, though, in time.

Hubby really irritated me while at Lowe's.  While the lady was putting our order together on the computer, I walked around the grills.  Now to make it clear, hubby does not like to grill - for whatever reason.  I think it is because he doesn't know how, really, although he has grilled in the past.  He turns the flame up way too high and ends up burning whatever is out there.  I've bought him grills and they just sit.  The last time I bought a grill - I told him it was for ME - and that made him angry.  I used it a few times, but then he took it over for a very few times because 'it's too hot to stand out there and grill'.  Sigh.  Anyway, I have been thinking about those blackstone grills. I think that is what they are called.  They have a flat surface versus a grill surface.  You can cook bacon and eggs on them!  LOL  Anyway, I'd been thinking it would be nice to get a small one to keep outside and cook on. (yes, it cooks steaks and other things as well)  Long story short, I'm glancing over at the grills with no intention of purchasing one (that day) and hubby tells me "no, you are not buying a grill."  And I will erase the rest of the conversation, but you can imagine how it went.  By the time we got in the car, you wouldn't have known we exchanged words. He will not tell me what I can do and what I can't do.  All I was doing was looking.... and after I do some more research, I will go get myself one.  So there!  He doesn't pay for anything I purchase.  And I don't buy anything I can't pay for.

I don't think we have anything on the calendar to do today. Hubby has said twice he needs to do his laundry today (yes, he does all the laundry; I get yelled at when I do mine).  There are lots of little things that can be big projects that I 'need' to do, but I'm working on another diamond art project so there is that - and it's a lot more fun.  I've put several hours on it already and another week or so it should be done. Then I have a Christmas tree I want to do.  I'm making my own 'paintings' to put on my walls at Christmas time for decorations.  My The Last Supper diamond art looks so nice above the couch.  Sigh. I still have the huge oil painting to do.  If I liked the photo, I wouldn't be so reluctant to pant it. But this one makes me look like a barn and once it is painted, I will NOT hang it up.  Does that make sense?  So I've barely touched it and although I've told hubby he can paint it as well, he hasn't even tried.

Hebrews 7:25 (NKJV):  Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

I am grateful that Jesus always intercedes for me when I screw up and do things that I shouldn't.  When I go to Him and confess my sins, He is faithful and just to forgive my sins, and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.  One must come in all sincerity to ask for forgiveness.  They aren't just words.  They are life when you confess to Jesus.  Then when the devil brings those 'sins' back up and throws them in your face as to how you have failed time and again, we can tell that wicked devil that he can go back to where he belongs cause Jesus has forgiven us our sins and He will stand before our Heavenly Father and tell Him that our sins are no more, because He not only interceded for us, He went to the cross and carried all our sins to the cross.  They are no more.  But one needs to confess and repent - which means to turn away from those sins and do them no more.

Sometimes that is hard though. There are some things that I catch myself doing even after I have confessed them and asked forgiveness.  So, yes, I have to confess and repent AGAIN... and soon I will remember NOT to do it BEFORE I do it, and will shut my mouth.  

For example, most women, and men, have this gossip thing.  You know, you do it too.  We like to share information about other people, i.e., 'sharing prayer requests' so that we know how to pray for it, right?  Well, we went to dinner with another couple last night and we were just chatting, and they said something and I started to put in some words that I had 'heard' - although I didn't know it as fact.  Which always takes us to....

Philippians 4:8 (NKJV):  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things.

We need to pause and ask ourselves first of all, is it true?  Is it of good report? Is it something that needs to be shared?  Does it build up or tear down?

I paused as that verse came to my mind and looked at this couple and said, "No, I can't say what I was going to say, because it is gossip.  I don't know if it is true, and I don't know it for a fact. I heard it. And I am not going to repeat it.  And we moved on to another subject.  I will admit, there are times that I push right on through because I need to 'share that prayer request'.  But is it really a 'prayer request'?  If something isn't true and doesn't build up and is only hearsay, we need to close our mouths and not repeat it.  Whoever hears what we say, will themselves repeat it in words that they 'heard'.  Sort of like telephone tag - remember that?  It's better not to say anything than to have the tag on 'well, so and so said.....'.

And with that, I'm going to close this off and go fix breakfast.  Bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning.  I may do my scrambled egg 'thing'.  You know, chopped potatoes, onions and fry them up, then pour over them eggs, green peppers, and jalapeno peppers for taste.  Makes a great dish and easy to fix.  Yum.

Hope you have an amazing day!

Blessings!

No comments: