Thursday, April 3, 2025

It was a good day.... well, pretty much...

 Traffic was absolutely horrible heading to meet up with my boss yesterday morning!  Stop. Go. Bumper to bumper. Stop. Go.  Even before I got on the freeway, I had to sit through 4 light changes just to get through the one light to get to the one that gets me on the freeway.  When I got up closer, I could see why.  There must have been an exit closed before that one for as the cars coming off the freeway turned on to the street, 5-6 cars would get in the lane to get back ON the freeway.  No wonder I had to sit through 4 lights!  Finally got on the freeway and traffic, as first mentioned, was horrible.  A 45 minute drive took me nearly an hour to get to the restaurant - and the same happened from my boss coming from the east.  She pulled into a parking spot just as I got out of my car.  But we had breakfast together, and yes, I gave in.  I did get a frittata - I didn't read all that came with it, I thought it was just the frittata There was also fried potatoes (I ate two bites) and ... fresh bread... thick, crusty, and loaded with butter, as only Wildflower can do.  I didn't care.  I ate both slices that they put on my plate!  It was so good.  First time I've eaten 'real' bread since I started on Virta.  And I enjoyed every bite.

My boss and I had a nice visit and loved catching up with each other.  I took side roads coming home and took my time.  Didn't take long to clear messages on the computer when I got back.  I was fairly busy in the afternoon, but not overwhelming.  Oh yeah, I saw Dr. E (chiropractor) and he worked on my back some - takes him about 5 minutes as we just do maintenance now.  I go back in two weeks.  

And then I had my HIIT workout at 5:30PM with Morgan.  Oh my!  My resting heartrate is usually like about 51.  She got my heartrate up to 140!  Highest ever.  She worked me good, that's for sure - and I loved every minute of it.  This morning I am feeling the twinges of having done something to muscles, but it's a good feeling.  Tonight I get legs done - oh yay.  Hubby goes this morning so will be leaving in about 15 minutes or so.  I hear him moving around, getting ready.

After working out last night we stopped at Popeye's by the gym.  Hubby didn't want a Factor meal (nor did I - I've cancelled them).  As I pulled in the parking spot, I honestly do not know what happened.  Hubby decided to take his seat belt off as I was pulling in to it - and well, he doesn't take it off as a normal person; he has to twist and turn - and well, the next thing I know he was screaming at me and pushing me against the door - and somehow my foot hit the gas pedal (I think) and I went over the curb.  Just the front tires.  He sat there and hollered at me at 'what are you doing?' while I sat there trying to figure out what happened.  I am surprised at how calm and quiet I was.  I got out and looked to see what happened, saw the two front tires were over the curb.  So I just put the car in reverse and came back over them.  No damage that we could see to the car. Since my Escape is up a bit, I'm hoping I just ran the tires over the curb, which wasn't that high.  Obviously, I was driving so it's my fault - whatever happened.  Tires appeared to be ok last night.  Will see if I damaged them this morning.  I need new tires anyway - these are 6 years old and have over 50k miles on them so I figure I'm about due for new tires.  I'm sure my car is fine - alignment seemed ok, but will see as time goes by.  Don't know what caused hubby to react as he did.  I had to stop rather suddenly on the way home and he went ballistic on me - I told him to stop it - he was worse than my doing something!

Saw a prayer request come through last night that surprised us - Major Mark from The Salvation Army church had a stroke and is paralyzed on the left size.  He is only about 60 years old.  I guess there is a lot of stress running an organization like he has been.  Either that - or when he passed out during a service a couple months ago it was a sign that something was wrong - he had been taken to the hospital and was told he was dehydrated - and that was it.  Sounds like the doctors didn't really check into what was going on - right?

It's like with Ms. Vicki.  She was taken to a hospital near us when she had gallbladder pain - they kept her four days - did NOT give her any food those four days - they put her out and went down her throat to remove the stones out of the gallbladder.  THEN they put two stents in her liver.  If you can figure out what that is all about, you are much smarter than she or I am.  Now she has to go back to have the stents removed from her liver. But why were they put there in the first place?  She's not happy, and I may have mentioned it before... I told her to avoid that hospital; I've heard too many stories from others - and from hubby going there.  There is another hospital in this area that is much better.  Speaking of Ms. Vicki - we had received a mail piece for her in our mailbox so I took it over last night with the rest of the pie.  I must not have cooked the crust long enough for it is just falling apart when I take the piece of pie out of the pan.  It is just too sweet for us; I think I need to throw that recipe away and find my usual one.  Try it again, perhaps at a later date.  I'm out of the mood for it now.

Hebrews 12:1-2 (NKJV):  Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Sometimes life is hard.  I know it, you know it.  But the things we have endured, the things we allow into our lives, are nothing compared to what Jesus did for us by going to the cross.  He who had no sin, became sin for us, so that we could wear the white robes of righteousness.  Sometimes we make wrong decisions.  And sometimes when others ask us about our lives, there is much we don't want to share.  Even I have 'secrets' that will go to the grave with me.  I am forgiven, because I confessed it to Jesus.  I received His forgiveness. That's all anyone needs to know.  I will always be as honest as I can be, but there is some that don't need to know. And I'm sure you have those in your life as well.  None of us are perfect, and when we don't have people in our lives to teach us the right way, it is always those who are 'wrong' that are more than willing to show us 'their' way.  Have you discovered that in your life?  And I'll hush on that.

I try to remember that there are people in heaven that are looking down on me (besides Jesus), who know me and know what I do.  Even if I do something that isn't right, they are watching.  If I do something good, they are watching.  Kind of a scary thought, isn't it?  My daddy is watching me.  My mama is watching me.  Now, yes, I assume they and my siblings that went before me are in heaven - we all want to think that.  So I can imagine them watching me even as I type this. 

We have this race in life to run.  I feel I have failed in many ways, and the ways of my children sometimes reinforces that.  I can only pray for them at this point, and ask God to turn their hearts and minds to Him.  They, too, can change.  But they have to want to change.  One can say they can quit doing something - but until they WANT to do it with their heart and mind, there will be no changing.  How bad do we want to change?  I want to change.  I ask God every day to 'Change me, Lord, and help me be Jesus to those I love.'  Even then, sometimes I fail.  God never fails.  It's our self-will.  And that is why I frequently cry out, "Lord, please help me".  And you can too.  He will help you, He is just waiting on you to ask.

Blessings!


No comments: