Monday, April 21, 2025

Got me some snuggles

 Yesterday was busy and fun.  We made it over to the daughter's house about 10:30AM and by noon-ish, I'd gu  ess, we were eating lunch.  Great food, plenty of it and we all ate well.  I 'tried' to be good and only had yams over my ham, and green bean casserole. Both full of either sugar or carbs, right?  I did skip the deviled eggs (which would have been protein); just wasn't 'feeling like eggs'. skipped the rolls.  Sigh. But I ate dessert.  We had dump cake and the blueberry cheesecake.  Both full of sweet sugar! Well, the cheesecake doesn't have sugar in it, but the blueberry pie topping sure did!  So good!  I was proud of myself for not over-eating as I usually do.

We headed down the road an hour or so after we ate and got to the hotel.  After checking in hubby said he needed to stretch a bit.  I contacted our granddaughter and we made arrangements to meet at a park near here.  It took a little while for us to connect at the park as we parked the cars in different areas, but they found us.  We got to visit with them for a bit while our 8 year old great-grand played.  I was holding our new little baby, trying to burp her.  I felt her bottom 'buzz' - lol - and knew she was doing some business.  I didn't say anything at the time.  She continued her business - and swoosh!  It came up out of the back and splattering on my jeans as it fell to the ground.  This little one emptied herself!  LOL  Mama cleaned her up and I got to have snuggles again.  By this time hubby was wearing down.  I wanted us to go out to dinner, but hubby said he wasn't hungry (and remembering his plate at lunch, full explanation as to why!). I WAS hungry, but didn't say anything.  We left our granddaughter and her family at the park as the 8 year old was in the... what's it called?  the thing where the water shoots up and they get to run through it. My mind is blank - can't think what it is called.  She was getting wet and having a blast.  If we had suggested dinner, she wouldn't have gotten to play in it and she had been begging to do so - so I guess it is a good thing we didn't go to dinner.  But I pouted. I wanted more time.

I've already worked my way through the majority of the yarn I have brought with me.  I brought several, thinking I would have enough. But I was on my second ball of yarn when we pulled into the hotel lot.  Started another last night.  Gasp!  I may have to tell hubby we need to find a yarn store before we head back home!  I crochet so that I don't watch his driving.  I've decided that when it is my time to go, it doesn't matter if I'm driving or if hubby's driving, it's going to happen.  If I'm crocheting while he is driving, I won't see it happen. LOL  So I've quit fussing with his driving.  Except when I look up and gasp.

(erase)  Yep, back in the erasing mode, I guess.  Some things don't need to be said aloud.

Tomorrow is hubby's birthday and he will be 88.  We saw this morning that the pope has died at age 88.  The news just doesn't report truth all the time, so I wasn't sure.  But hubby saw it on another post.  For example, I saw one post yesterday that JD Vance was in Rome to see the pope and the pope cancelled his appointment and sent a cardinal instead, because of comments JD Vance has made against the Catholic church and their stance on immigration.  BUT, on the news last night, they had a video of JD Vance meeting the Pope and talking with him.  So who is right? Do you ever get sick of the lies? You don't know who to believe anymore.

I slept good last night.  Usually in a hotel bed not so much. But I didn't move from my starting position until I awoke at 4AM.  I was sweaty!  And I was next to the air conditioner!  I got up and walked a few seconds to cool off, and because hubby was still asleep, I went back to bed; didn't want to turn lights on. (That's the reason we get the suites - lots more room, but my books were in here and the couch is in there)  Surprisingly, I feel back to sleep and slept until 5AM when someone was running down the hall.  Then I fell back to sleep and slept until 6AM when we both finally got up.  Breakfast was at 6:30AM so down we went. And it was good too!  Scrambled eggs and potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy (and the gravy was good!), oatmeal, hot cinnamon rolls, waffles to make, juices, fruit, yogurt, and a bit more.  We ate the hot food, brought the yogurt up and put in the refrigerator for a snack, along with an apple and an orange.  Maybe I can get hubby to skip lunch and we go to Cracker Barrel for an early dinner, and I get to shop!  That's why I like going to Cracker Barrel; they do have some neat things in there. I saw a couple cast iron pieces I'd like to have... but then, I really don't cook that much anymore.  Sigh. I wish I had more room; I miss my old kitchen and pantry.   Some day things will change.  I hope they change the way I want them to.

Talked with the SIL yesterday and he may be starting on our courtyard this week.  He is going to remove the patio set (I want a new one) and some plants, and take up the rock and power wash it before putting plastic down and replacing the rocks.  Hubby says the lemon tree stays. Personally, I don't care. It's not my home; it's hubby's. Some of you know what I mean by that.  But, we will be staying there until hubby agrees to move.  I long to be closer in location to family.  I know we didn't see each other much even when we were closer, but I had room.  No one understands the heartaches I've had over 'hospitality', and I'll leave that there.

And with that, I need to get off here and start my reading. Usually, I do all my reading first, then type in here, but decided to do this first.  Some of you may have already looked once or twice and nothing was there. Sorry breakfast came first.  But at least I brought the computer with me!  It's a beautiful day down here. Love the sunshine coming in through the window. That brings my heart joy.

We go back home tomorrow.  Plan to touch base with the granddaughter and maybe take her to lunch as we head out. Will see what her schedule is. We didn't make firm plans.  She knows I want to connect again, but I will not interfere with her routine.  Anyway- maybe I will have something to tell you tomorrow... if we do anything today. :)  I still need yarn. cough cough.

Blessings!

No comments: