What I mean by that is - well, work kept me very busy in the morning, but I still stopped and fixed hubby and I lunch and took a short break to eat with him. Then it was time to get ready for a dental appointment in which I knew I was to have a filling removed out of a tooth and a temporary crown put on. I'm thinking maybe an hour, right? My appointment was at 2:45PM. I did not leave there until about 5:20PM, I think it was. They numbed, they took out and they drilled the decay under that filling. Then they had to work on the temporary crown, which meant several mouthfuls of gook to get a definition of what the tooth should look like. Then my tooth was stuffed with some type of filling to keep it dry on the inside - sigh. finally got the temporary filling put on and I was out of there! My daughter had picked up KFC for dinner and she was sitting in the driveway waiting on me for over 30 minutes! It felt like I had been at the dentist's office forever. I don't need to go back until April 10th for the final crown.
Hmmm The Posse just drove by with the car lights flashing silently. I wonder what's up? And, being the nosey neighbor that I am, I will be able to figure out what the house on the corner (in another HOA) is having done to the yard. The house has been up for sale for quite a while with no takers. It's fairly small, and I think that is the reason why. Perfect for one person, but not two. Anyway, I'm not sure if they are going to put gravel down in the yard or sod. They dug up what little grass that was there the other day. They are out there this morning, digging through more dirt. Maybe I will find out today.
See how exciting my life is? I live through this window most days.
I didn't get out to walk yesterday because of work and the dentist - and I've dropped to 4th place in the walk challenge. Today we meet with our tax guy at 11AM so I'm thinking that I won't be getting much walking done today either. My workout is scheduled at 5:30PM tonight - later than usual - and I really don't want to walk much as it is 'leg day'. But then, I just keep falling further behind in the challenge. Got to keep pushing myself to get my steps in.
And of course I am running late in writing in here - and it's almost time for the work computer to get turned on and get working. Plus I need to jump in the shower. At least hubby remembered to take out the recycle things this morning! I took off in a panic a bit ago to check in the garage, for if he hadn't, I would have had to get dressed and get it taken out as it was getting quite full in that area. Now I just need to put a couple more boxes in place to catch whatever recycle we have next time. Grateful he got it done before he left for the gym.
Talked to my little brother yesterday. He isn't doing well, and it causes me to be fearful. He has a CT on 4/1 and will see his pulmonologist on 4/3 and will see if all the chemo and radiation eradicated the cancer in his lung. But he also mentioned other issues with the prostate and that he needs to get in to see his urologist. And he said he was frequently dizzy and was just exhausted. Oh, and he shaved his beard.... and now his hair is falling out. He took his pony tail down and a gob of hair came with it, and his wife brushes his hair and it is falling out. He plans to get it cut very short. I can't imagine him with a short haircut. I saw a photo where he had shaved his beard a few months back and it didn't look like him at all. He said the last time he cut his hair short was for our mama's funeral back in 2004. Interestingly, he commented that he only cuts it for the women in his life he loves. He didn't cut it for our sister's funeral a few years ago. I remained silent. I wonder if he would cut it for mine. Things that make one go hmmm when they hear a comment, right?
I just got a message from my coach for Virta. I haven't been doing too well on it as my numbers aren't really staying where they should. I've got to get refocused. He has asked me two questions - and I will have to think on how to answer. How would YOU answer these two questions?
1) What's one thing that's been going well for you?
2) What's one thing you would like to improve upon moving forward?
At first 'thought', I have no clue what to write. I will think about these two questions and will hopefully come up with an answer to the questions before end of day.
In the meantime, I must get on the work computer and get busy. I'm out of time for 'play'.
Have an amazing day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment